I Hate This Guy

1632204477574.png

Just met the guy after getting permission to enter Sirius, and he's like, "Yeah, if you could just go ahead and get me those 25 Modular Terminals, that would be great, mm-kaay? Thaaaanks..."

You can get them from mission rewards
Or you can buy them from certain carriers...

For example:
Fleet carrier: Nani?! (KFH-LVW)

God, remember when you didn't get to pick rewards? And the commodity rewards came in units of 1-4 and you had no choice but to take them even if they were trash? So you had to fit at least 4t of cargo on any ship otherwise you wouldn't be able to take missions, and you were left selling them between cashing the missions in? And that was the only way to get modular terminals, so that you'd complete half a dozen missions for them and be one short?

I do not miss that at all.
And then you had to bring commodities to the engineers for each mod too. And they were random, often worse than what you had, couldn't be undone and effects werent selectable.

Ship engineering improved so much. Now let's hope the same for EDO engineering.

Certainly closer when putting experimentals on a new ship fresh out of Jameson Memorial.
What time you gain from less jumps gets lost again by the cruise inside the Sirius system. My first stop on any engineering trip for a new ship is Farseer for the FSD, and she can just do the power plant special for me too, so who needs Qwent ? Though the idea of pinning overcharged with him is not bad.

Pleiades Sector https://eddb.io/station/68099
Unless it's repaired after past Thargoid attack, manual docking only. Offers missions and refugee passenger missions offering modular terminals. It is a bit out of the bubble, but the advantage is, Palin wants (Thargoid) sensor fragments that can also been found in this area using an SRV and finding the Thargoid alien vessel crash site. Plenty of youtube videos to show you have to get these fragments - some relogging require to speed up the process.

What time you gain from less jumps gets lost again by the cruise inside the Sirius system. My first stop on any engineering trip for a new ship is Farseer for the FSD, and she can just do the power plant special for me too, so who needs Qwent ? Though the idea of pinning overcharged with him is not bad.
And then you have to trek back across the Bubble for the next one so not worth dropping into Solo to get to felicity and then back again when I can do it all without leaving the Core not getting an Orange Sidewinder for FCs, all the mat traders are right there...
Haven't been to Farseer's since I pinned a blueprint and don't intend to go back.

Last edited:
Once you have your power systems pinned at 5 he's great, can do both special effects and the system has a Manufactured Material trader.

I visit him everything I build a new ship.

Top Bottom