Newcomer / Intro I have a probably very stupid question about planet surface salvage

I'm asking this in the newcomers' forum, because I'm imagining it's something well known which I've just not come across before, and/or am too stupid to figure out.

I was collecting some salvage from a shipwreck on a planet's surface, for a mission. There were some skimmers guarding it, easy enough to deal with.

When I thought the skimmers were all beaten, I saw something small, orange and circular hovering over the wreck. First thought: oh, there's another skimmer. Second thought: I've not seen a skimmer like that before. Third thought: why is it hurtling straight upwards? Where did it go? What was that?

I have no idea what this is. I wish I'd taken a picture, but it all happened too quickly.

Should I be doing something with this?

Hmmm. You know, I think it might be a glitch. The planet also has a few of these:

OeTamaA.jpg

Might just be a glitchy corner of the galaxy.

Yeah, I've seen these floating rocks. I think it has something to do with the graphics quality and the level of ground detail. The surface geometry of the lower levels is simpler and sometimes it results in rocks loading up in the incorrect "height".

It's kinda sad that first thing that comes to our mind when we encounter something outstanding is "bug". Where is our sense of wonder?

Last edited:
saw one of these things last night in Deciat on a planetary surface. I forget what it was called, but it showed up in the contacts and launched itself off the planet after I killed the Skimmers.

Top Bottom