Ships I really want a Type-10 - but what for?

Alright, rich folks problems I guess.

I really want to get my hands on a Type-10, because I like the chunky "brick"-looks of it. It's a big, ugly brute and makes no attempts to hide it. More a B-52 (Big Ugly Fat Fella) than a sleek B-1, if you get my drift. However, I cannot really find a role for it in my fleet that hasn't already been covered by a different ship.

For all cargo related stuff (mostly Tritium hauling and delivering commodities during "Trade" CGs) I own a Cutter and it's unlikely that I will use something less efficient instead.

I thought about using one for FC based exploration, but I have to admit that finding a parking spot even with one of my M-sized ships can be a pain in the butt on some planets. I rarely even use my Anaconda these days, not to mention the Beluga Liner that sees zero action anymore for exploration. Tough situation to get a Type-10 in there then.

For Laser Mining I usually use my other Cutter, but at least I could see using a Type-10 as an alternative plattform here. Mostly some relaxing Tritium mining while out exploring or Platinum mining in the bubble with an FC to store the ore. Therefor max cargo capacity isn't real an essential requirement. I mine for as long as I like to and then store whatever I got in my FC

For PvE Combat I use the Corvette and I don't really need some afk turret boat. Are there any "fun" builds and uses for a Type-10 in a High CZ?

For AX combat I own a dedicated Krait Mk II, but I haven't done any bug hunting for over a year. I'm not sure if I could turn a Type-10 into some lazy, face tanking bug smasher that just bursts interceptors down with superior firepower instead of some fancy FA/off dancing.

Those are my current thoughts, so feel free to show me the error of my ways and help me finding a home for a lonely Type-10. Maybe there are also uses I haven't considered yet. Salvage, Search&Rescue, Station evacuations?

One use you certainly haven't considered is module storage! 😜

I use mine as a relaxed material gatherer in RES: similar to an AFK build, but I am actually using it, or enjoying my SLF fights while the NPCs use its turrets.
Or when I go on a fun session with friends when we want to chill, but still see some light action. It's fun in multicrew!

edit: double ninja'd! :LOL::LOL:

Makes for a great packhound gunboat!

C91DDBA9-19D2-4BEA-A4B2-7CCC21ACEBEA.png

Last edited:
I recently bought a third Conda to make use of some stored modules and weapons. I fitted her with 6 to 8 different weapon types and fought some CZ. It is very funny and I love the symphony of the weapons sounds. And she turned out to be a good fighter as well.

I think the Type-10 would fit perfect in this role.

Mining. 3 medium mining lasers, an abrasion blaster and a displacement missile launcher for a few byproducts, still 4 large guns for self and cargo defense. 7A universal limpet controller gives you 8 collectors. Separate 3A collector. Still room for the size 6 shield, size 5 FSD booster, size 4 refinery and fuel scoop. DSS in the size 1 slot for finding those hotspots. Rest cargo, which gives you close to 300t. Yes, a Cutter or T9 can have 512t or more, but at least I do not have the patience to fill that in one session. ~300t is a sweet spot.

Mining. 3 medium mining lasers, an abrasion blaster and a displacement missile launcher for a few byproducts, still 4 large guns for self and cargo defense. 7A universal limpet controller gives you 8 collectors. Separate 3A collector. Still room for the size 6 shield, size 5 FSD booster, size 4 refinery and fuel scoop. DSS in the size 1 slot for finding those hotspots. Rest cargo, which gives you close to 300t. Yes, a Cutter or T9 can have 512t or more, but at least I do not have the patience to fill that in one session. ~300t is a sweet spot.

Conda still makes it a way better miner in the 300-320t range.
Waaay better

You don’t always need a ship to make things better, easier or the weirdest word used in gaming - efficient. Why not use it because it makes something a bit harder, more fun or a new challenge. I use one for trading because it’s not the best, biggest, strongest or most efficient. Plus, as Alec said, Packhounds bring smiles and the Type 10 is a grin machine.

Waaay better
Yep, probably, and I've used my Conda for that before the T10 came out. But I only own one of eaqch ship be personal choice, and the Conda was refit to search an rescue ship after the T10 came out. Though the difference between 3 medium mining lasers or two of them together with two mining lances isn't that much. And if you fit a universal limpet controller into a Conda, you lose the biggest slot.
Edit: Conda vs T10 looks pretty equal to me. Conda is a little faster and better shielded, T10 gets more collectors.

Last edited:
It's actually a decent core miner, with good placement of the hardpoints. I also built one with all incendiary frags. The problem with "Broadside" is that it only kills smaller ships in one shot, and the rest run away too fast for a T10 to keep up. But yep, it's a "grin machine" :alien:

Yep, probably, and I've used my Conda for that before the T10 came out. But I only own one of eaqch ship be personal choice, and the Conda was refit to search an rescue ship after the T10 came out. Though the difference between 3 medium mining lasers or two of them together with two mining lances isn't that much. And if you fit a universal limpet controller into a Conda, you lose the biggest slot.
Edit: Conda vs T10 looks pretty equal to me. Conda is a little faster and better shielded, T10 gets more collectors.

Actually a mining Conda looks like this: 320t cargo, 3 mining lasers and 2 lances/torval-cg-lasers, 10 collectors and 2 prospectors.
ULC is a bit of a waste, to be honest.

Waaay better
God point, well presented. And the Python with 192T is not far behind, but is much easier to use and has the necessary speed to mine in a haz RES, which will more than make up for its lack of cargo capacity.

Alright, rich folks problems I guess.

I really want to get my hands on a Type-10, because I like the chunky "brick"-looks of it. It's a big, ugly brute and makes no attempts to hide it. More a B-52 (Big Ugly Fat Fella) than a sleek B-1, if you get my drift. However, I cannot really find a role for it in my fleet that hasn't already been covered by a different ship.

For all cargo related stuff (mostly Tritium hauling and delivering commodities during "Trade" CGs) I own a Cutter and it's unlikely that I will use something less efficient instead.

I thought about using one for FC based exploration, but I have to admit that finding a parking spot even with one of my M-sized ships can be a pain in the butt on some planets. I rarely even use my Anaconda these days, not to mention the Beluga Liner that sees zero action anymore for exploration. Tough situation to get a Type-10 in there then.

For Laser Mining I usually use my other Cutter, but at least I could see using a Type-10 as an alternative plattform here. Mostly some relaxing Tritium mining while out exploring or Platinum mining in the bubble with an FC to store the ore. Therefor max cargo capacity isn't real an essential requirement. I mine for as long as I like to and then store whatever I got in my FC

For PvE Combat I use the Corvette and I don't really need some afk turret boat. Are there any "fun" builds and uses for a Type-10 in a High CZ?

For AX combat I own a dedicated Krait Mk II, but I haven't done any bug hunting for over a year. I'm not sure if I could turn a Type-10 into some lazy, face tanking bug smasher that just bursts interceptors down with superior firepower instead of some fancy FA/off dancing.

Those are my current thoughts, so feel free to show me the error of my ways and help me finding a home for a lonely Type-10. Maybe there are also uses I haven't considered yet. Salvage, Search&Rescue, Station evacuations?
I have a cutter for mining in the bubble to blow up those pesky pirates, when im out in the Black there is nothing to compare to the T10 for mining.
It has an amazing view, its fast, you can carry every mining tool available (true it takes experience to use as a core miner) and has that all important type 8 Slot.

Its by a mile my best mining ship and i have lots of verities.

O7

Actually a mining Conda looks like this: 320t cargo, 3 mining lasers and 2 lances/torval-cg-lasers, 10 collectors and 2 prospectors.
ULC is a bit of a waste, to be honest.
That's old school now. Modern miners mine in a haz RES, which requires a much faster ship, and you don't need a DSS.How come you haven't engineered your PD for weapons focused?

That's old school now. Modern miners mine in a haz RES, which requires a much faster ship, and you don't need a DSS.How come you haven't engineered your PD for weapons focused?

It works.
And i do mine in Haz Res, but i rarely get into combat.
It's faster do mine in the outer third and comply with the request of the odd pirate that might come in those remote areas than to flee or get into combat

Top Bottom