I was wondering: does anyone else think that Thargoid surface site looks like giant thargoid ships?

Hello,all:
When I went to the site in HIP 16753, I zoomed out in free camera mode and the whole base looked like a giant ship buried in the ground. What are everyone(s) thoughts as to what the surface bases might be/ or what they might be used for?

Thanks,
A logical argument

Yeah, it has been suggested before that they are inactive/growing ships. Seems pretty likely i would say. Just gotta wait till FD flip the switch probably.

o7

With the little skimmers (I forget their name) 'working' on the structures all of the time, yes, they do look like Thargoid ships waiting to join in the fun, whether they are being 'grown' or repaired I'm not sure but do get the feeling that, at some point, something may come from them.

Yeah to me they look like a large ship face down in the ground, I have said this to people since they arrived.....
Even the bum hole which fire out thargons is there .... but larger
In the middle on top of the middle section.....

I think these could be the original hive ships crashed face down, buried to stop the mycoid virus eating them away.

When you look from above you can see the shape.
Plus there are egg sacks in ceiling of main chamber

I'm happy to "Put it all on black" here.

They're the motherships/hive ships, downed/disabled by the Mycoid. Whether they'll eventually be "repaired" and rise again, or they'll just sit there and rot, that's FD's call.

I base this off some interpolation of in-game info, and what I'll call "official" meta.

Yeah, it has been suggested before that they are inactive/growing ships. Seems pretty likely i would say. Just gotta wait till FD flip the switch probably.

o7

Jeez...

Imagine pulling up at a Thargoid surface site, the ground starts to shake and crack violently, the dirt starts rising, and the whole thing slowly lifts up out of the ground leaving an enourmous crater. 😳

Personally I think the surface bases are likely to be thargoid ships, but from jameson's description, they are too small to be hive ships, you cannot really see interceptors docking there, there simply isnt room for them to land/dock/latch on. I also think these entities are getting repaired from mycoid damage, mycoid ofcourse being the secret biological weapon humans used in the first thargoid war to end it. A weapon of mass destructions we pulled the trigger on. Now if you look about these sites, you can see a beautiful iridescent scalar structure to their "skin", where the scavengers (thargoid skimmers present at these sites) are "working" they are focussed on abrading yellowy -like looking sections of the structures. These yellowy bits look a lot like an infected wound, infected by mycoid maybe?

Tinfoiling asides, the constant thursday/thargsday action during server tick is a pain, it would be much more engaging if players could attempt to repel the thargoid interceptors attacking the stations. It would be much more engaging if we got to see things happen rather than just the aftermath there of. It'd be much more immersive if we (eventually) got to see these downed for repair from mycoid damage, or slowly being grown on the planets surface, hive ships rising.

Top Bottom