Idea for the game

Unless we get some dramatic new information I'm going to have to concede that trade might be the redheaded stepchild of Odyssey. Well, actually, hauling/logistics (can't really call what we do now trading).

Maybe there will be some commodity trade support in a format truer to actual trade (the exchange of valuables, not necessarily the movement of them). Like, you buy goods, travel to the destination and sell them but pay a fee for moving them, where your limitation is your relationship with the logistics company (that also work as the storage company) rather than your own ship cargo space. It demands meeting on foot but the actual transaction is instant. The upper limit of volume can scale with reputation, trade rank and your loyalty to the faction that's acting as logistics. But that upper limit could go higher than 700t...

Doubt it'll play anything like that though. And I think owning a larger cargo srv has its use (salvage perhaps). I'd also like a combat focused srv too.

Can't see srv trade haulage being a thing though. Not really sure where trade will fit in with Odyssey, yet.

Top Bottom