Powerplay If FD decided it could take the time to implement Open Only for Powerplay, do you think it should go to a public vote?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Well, it would be good if they did, but they don't have to. They could just leave it to rot. While i understand this is not desirable, it does have one advantage, not taking development time from other things which may (or may not) be preferrable.

I mean, for those who want powerplay improving, then sure, its a priorirty, but there is probably a large majority of players who don't give two figs about powerplay and never will no matter what FD do with it, and if the proposal is make PP open only, that's a pretty significant part of the population who won't care about PP at all afterwards. So, if it came to (for example) a delay of space legs by 3 months while ED works on PP improvements, i'm sure there are many (a vast majority i daresay) who would be like "What the hell, FD! Forget PP! Get spacelegs out of the door quicker!"

Of course, this might be a good argument against a vote regarding PP :p

From what FD have told us, from what Paige, Zac, Sandro and others have said FD are keeping watch...its just making all the loose ends match up and we get some development.

The problem with this arguement is leaving Powerplay any longer though makes removal more preferable, because the 'system' has run its course without further change. FD developed the BGS which now outshines it, so its either got to evolve or go. FD have cold feet on Powerplay mainly because I think they underestimated the level of upkeep the feature needs, that it came at a time when internal visions were changing about the game, and that FD simply did not understand what Powerplay was for and what it now is.

I'd also have made it so you can only get ranks for Fed or Empire, make it a real choice, and contingent on you remaining loyal whether you retain access.

That's not a half bad idea. Frankly i find that it would be best like that.

The rest of the module stuff im not down with.

Nope, so please stop. OOPP is stupid

Well, i'd ask why, but this thread isn't mean to be about whether its a good idea or not in itself. Its just meant to be about whether a vote is a good idea.

Unfortunately people keep trying to turn it into a clone of the other threads we have on the topic of OOPP..... and i stupidly keep replying here rather than asking them to take it to the other thread and stay on topic.

The Replicated Man

T
I think Agony is going to get carpel tunnel after all this typing. Seriously. I was greeted by a ton of messages this morning "The OP Agony Aunt responded with 20-400 words on this post. There may be more posts after this"

Gave me a good chuckle

Listen, this is real simple. The vote was in the form of feedback in the Sandro thread. Which was widely received.

Vote manipulation Vs constructive feedback? People are going to look at constructive feedback all day long.

This thread is completely pointless and a waste of time.

The Replicated Man

T
Listen, this is real simple. The vote was in the form of feedback in the Sandro thread. Which was widely received.

Vote manipulation Vs constructive feedback? People are going to look at constructive feedback all day long.

Maybe.

Sandro was let go or Reassigned

I seriously doubt they will touch Powerplay for a long while yet. If ever.

Maybe.

Sandro was let go or Reassigned

I seriously doubt they will touch Powerplay for a long while yet. If ever.

There was a post on the old forum. Zac was talking to rubbernuke I believe about the proposed changes. It was feedback for powerplay but to get a general idea of where to go next in other elements of the game as well.

Also, it wasn't just Sandro, there was a collective "WE/Fdev" think its best if it goes open only.

Sandro is also still there just on another project. He has'nt left Fdev all together, he was just the one that made the post.

I dont blame him for leaving though, what he made was generally on point. But that good ol kickstarter and the modes made what he designed look bad. Plus the crap he caught from people.

Thats not really his fault. But I also dont think they would blue ball us like that either.

There was a post on the old forum. Zac was talking to rubbernuke I believe about the proposed changes. It was feedback for powerplay but to get a general idea of where to go next in other elements of the game as well.

Also, it wasn't just Sandro, there was a collective "WE/Fdev" think its best if it goes open only.

Sandro is also still there just on another project. He has left Fdev all together, he was just the one that made the post.

I dont blame him for leaving though, what he made was generally on point. But that good ol kickstarter and the modes made what you designed look bad. Plus the crap he caught from people.

Thats not really his fault. But I also dont think they would blue ball us like that either.

Sandro is also still there just on another project. He has'nt left Fdev all together, he was just the one that made the post.

I dont blame him for leaving though, what he made was generally on point. But that good ol kickstarter and the modes made what he designed look bad. Plus the crap he caught from people.

Every month or so I send PMs to the community managers, which pretty much amount to begging letters because thats the state things have got to. Sandro was the only FD employee to actually engage with the community with Powerplay- I have no idea what or who deals with it now. I sometimes wonder if FD know themselves since the game seems to have done several about faces in its direction.

I think Agony is going to get carpel tunnel after all this typing. Seriously. I was greeted by a ton of messages this morning "The OP Agony Aunt responded with 20-400 words on this post. There may be more posts after this"

Gave me a good chuckle

Heh, i love a good debate.

And yet, you posted several times in it. But sure, its a waste of time, its not like we are going to influence things. But hey, you have something better to do while at work?

We have no idea why Sandro left or whether he moved under his own initiative or was reassigned by management. As for the we/fdev - of course he phrased it like that. They will have had been meetings where the ideas were discussed, and someone gave him permission to bring the ideas to the forum.

Every month or so I send PMs to the community managers, which pretty much amount to begging letters because thats the state things have got to. Sandro was the only FD employee to actually engage with the community with Powerplay- I have no idea what or who deals with it now. I sometimes wonder if FD know themselves since the game seems to have done several about faces in its direction.

I think there is a point you reach where repeated requests become an annoyance. I understand your desire and frustration, but you should be careful of pushing things to the point where the CMs (or whoever) simply start ignoring your messages because they have read them all before. If you then need to reach out to them over a different situation, you might find your message being ignored because you've already programmed them into thinking its going to be about OOPP again.

What if the point was to waste time?

Damn, my evil plot has been discovered. :D

Actuallly, was just curious, and it was impossible to get feedback on this point in the other thread.

I think the topic has given a general response that FD should make the decision and there shouldn't be a vote. Which is fair enough.

We can only wait and see if FD do anything regarding PP in the future.

Perhaps this is a logical end to the thread?

I'll ask the mods if they will close it.

I think there is a point you reach where repeated requests become an annoyance. I understand your desire and frustration, but you should be careful of pushing things to the point where the CMs (or whoever) simply start ignoring your messages because they have read them all before. If you then need to reach out to them over a different situation, you might find your message being ignored because you've already programmed them into thinking its going to be about OOPP again.

I disagree- a good CM will look at whats been said and the points raised, and from that filter it to the devs if its valuable or raises important issues. Paige on several occasions has done just that, Sandro made some great proposals, changed the cytoscrambler jitter after I asked (after writing out a detailed proposal). But beyond that its a wall of silence now with FD / EDs new direction.

FD need reminding now more than ever there are many player groups that are being left out to dry. Its not all Fuel Rats, Distant Worlds etc.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom