If You're Going to Unlock Some Guardian Weapons for Bug Hunting, I Recommend Grabbing a Few Salvation Shard Cannons...

I'm seeing a few posts here and there about folks either not wanting to grind out the Guardian stuff (totally understandable - it can get mind numbing after a while :p), looking for some info on what Guardian weapons to pick, or are returning to a Bubble that is ON FIRE after an extended break and have no idea what's going on. If you're up for bug hunting and want to grab a few Guardian weapons or are on the fence about doing so, I highly recommend putting in a little effort for those Modified Guardian Shard Cannons that Salvation developed, if at all possible. They are DPS hoses, easy to aim, and can make quick work of Interceptors:

Source: https://youtu.be/-ZKLRjImArc

Plus, if you toss in Premium Ammo (which is comparatively cheap vs. other Guardian weapons), you can easily achieve a sub-30-second Cyclops kill with four Medium MGSCs:

Source: https://youtu.be/DtyudlFOzvQ

Clipper Build Link for those who are interested:

A few things to note with these:
  1. They run hot - bring extra heatsinks to mitigate their Thermal Load. You may need to double- or triple-sink when firing all four in rapid succession.
  2. Distributor Draw is relatively low; a 6A Charge Enhanced | Super Conduits Distro is able to keep up with 4 Medium MGSCs for about 32 seconds nonstop.
    • Be mindful that your weapons will generate more heat as the WEP Capacitor depletes - see point #1.
  3. Premium Ammo only requires:
    • 8 Carbon (Raw, G1)
    • 4 Vanadium (Raw, G2)
    • 8 Crystal Shards (Manufactured, G1 - Trade down with Exquisite Focus Crystals from Mission Rewards)
    • 6 Guardian Power Cells (Guardian, G1 - Farm from Guardian Sites as you're getting Weapon Blueprints)
  4. Use them on a ship whose hardpoints will converge on something smaller than a moon Clipper fixed auto-harmonization when????

Don't double sink, just alternate 2/2 and the heat should be fine. And yeah, they're probably the best AX weapon in the game right now. Powerful and easy to use, I feel spoiled using them.

After HIP you still think Guardian tech is an option? I doubt it. It's gonna take the galaxy a while to figure out some new weapons, CMDR's. So you better polish off your AX stuff since that's all that probably works. Forget about Guardian power, FSD, and other stuff like that. Gotta go OG I bet.

After HIP you still think Guardian tech is an option? I doubt it. It's gonna take the galaxy a while to figure out some new weapons, CMDR's. So you better polish off your AX stuff since that's all that probably works. Forget about Guardian power, FSD, and other stuff like that. Gotta go OG I bet.
Currently, Guardian weapons work as expected, except for the Proteus system and the Maelstrom system.

Maelstrom will require a different technology, but that's need long time and diffrent topic.

Galnet says:
In other news, Sirius Corporation has announced that its popular modified heatsinks and anti-xeno missile rack have been made available to pilots via its company tech brokers. Active Sirius Corporation megaships – Chariot of Rhea, El Centinela Cadejo, Kumiho Sky, Spirit of Laelaps and The Witness Odysseus – now host Sirius tech brokers on board.

I'm seeing a few posts here and there about folks either not wanting to grind out the Guardian stuff (totally understandable - it can get mind numbing after a while :p), looking for some info on what Guardian weapons to pick, or are returning to a Bubble that is ON FIRE after an extended break and have no idea what's going on. If you're up for bug hunting and want to grab a few Guardian weapons or are on the fence about doing so, I highly recommend putting in a little effort for those Modified Guardian Shard Cannons that Salvation developed, if at all possible. They are DPS hoses, easy to aim, and can make quick work of Interceptors:

Source: https://youtu.be/-ZKLRjImArc

Plus, if you toss in Premium Ammo (which is comparatively cheap vs. other Guardian weapons), you can easily achieve a sub-30-second Cyclops kill with four Medium MGSCs:

Source: https://youtu.be/DtyudlFOzvQ

Clipper Build Link for those who are interested:

A few things to note with these:
  1. They run hot - bring extra heatsinks to mitigate their Thermal Load. You may need to double- or triple-sink when firing all four in rapid succession.
  2. Distributor Draw is relatively low; a 6A Charge Enhanced | Super Conduits Distro is able to keep up with 4 Medium MGSCs for about 32 seconds nonstop.
    • Be mindful that your weapons will generate more heat as the WEP Capacitor depletes - see point #1.
  3. Premium Ammo only requires:
    • 8 Carbon (Raw, G1)
    • 4 Vanadium (Raw, G2)
    • 8 Crystal Shards (Manufactured, G1 - Trade down with Exquisite Focus Crystals from Mission Rewards)
    • 6 Guardian Power Cells (Guardian, G1 - Farm from Guardian Sites as you're getting Weapon Blueprints)
  4. Use them on a ship whose hardpoints will converge on something smaller than a moon Clipper fixed auto-harmonization when????
Nice stuff
As someone who only dabbles in scout killing atm whats the thinking behind Reactive Composite? heat burning caustic?

O7

What I have been seeing is Guardian tech shutting down even in surface bases under attack, same for stations. I could be wrong.
I've been camping out at one of the surface ports currently under attack by Thargoids - my Guardian tech is still working fine there.

We will need to develop countermeasures for the Anti-Guardian fields they put up in the Maelstroms, though.

Can you buy this Salvation gear or do you have to unlock it?
You can buy it with a stack of materials and a few Power Converters. A full list for both Small and Medium versions is on the Elite Wiki:

Nice stuff
As someone who only dabbles in scout killing atm whats the thinking behind Reactive Composite?
The Core and majority of the Optional Internals (minus the Repair Limpets and Cargo Rack) are the same as my regular, non-AX Clipper loadout, so it's just me being lazy by not wanting to Engineer another set of Bulkheads since Reactive doesn't really do much in AX combat.

heat burning caustic?

O7
Yup, that's how I deal with the Thargoo - gotta burn it off. Heat percentage needs to cross 120% for a few seconds to properly burn it off, but it's really finicky and I feel like it must cross that threshold slowly or it won't register... at least in my experience.

Top Bottom