If you’ve noticed your ship or SRV shadow reducing to just a chair shadow…

…then please consider adding a Confirmation to this issue report:

The bug report is for VR but apparently it’s also happening in the main flatscreen game - you may have noticed that you lose all cockpit shadows on planet approach, except for the chairs - in which case, you’re experiencing this bug. Only one or two more contributions are required to keep the bug from expiring, then hopefully in a future Update we can stop our vehicles doing an impression of the Cheshire Cat 😸

Demo video:
Source: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3oS5WKPHnQU

Giving a few spare moments of your time will be greatly appreciated 👍

Thanks to a few anonymous CMDRs, the issue is Confirmed and can now be voted for 👍

A curious thing though - it was sat “Confirming” with 10 independent confirmations for just over a day, yet minutes after getting an 11th confirmation it clicked over to “Confirmed” which means it’s (apparently) taken 12 independent contributions to get Issue Tracker to automatically confirm the bug. I saw this happen a few days ago with the bug report highlighted by Alec Turner, so it seems something’s not quite right with the system.

Hopefully the tracker gets a look at in the future and Elite gets brought into line with Frontier’s other games which only require three independent reproductions.

I wanted to help and vote...
1634733184452.png

You gotta love the issue tracker :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I wanted to help and vote...
View attachment 269811

You gotta love the issue tracker :rolleyes:
Thanks for the thought 😅

At the moment I think it’s more important to get the required confirmations to stop the bugs expiring, we can always see about making the Top 20 further down the line. If you’re a fellow goggle-head then please check out the bug thread in the VR sub-forum (it’s linked in my signature), or if you’re flatscreen then please spare a thought for this issue if you ever get a spare vote post-Update 👍

Top Bottom