Horizons I'm done with ED Horizons for now!

My guess also is it is a defective video card take it back and swap it for a new one and let us know, and good luck.
Calebe

Loupy the GTX 970 is an excellent card if your at 1080 or even 1440 for the most part. So not led down the path so to speak and a 980TI is a lot more expensive. The 970 is at a very good price point for a lot of performance. So it depends what resolution are you running at. On my 27 inch Samsung monitor (60HZ) the 970 is smooth as silk no issues at all (60FPS or more even on planets). I am planning a 1440 monitor (with g-sync) upgrade just undecided if I want the Asus or the Dell. Also waiting as I think prices will fall later in the year. The 970 should let me max Elite Dangerous at 1440 but again till I try it is guess work. At 1080 not issue at all.
Calebe

My guess also is it is a defective video card take it back and swap it for a new one and let us know, and good luck.
Calebe

I'm beginning to think that. I just downloaded the manual to my MB, and the MB has three LED lights. The VGA light is red, but the manual doesn't let you know what it means. I'm assuming it's bad.

Yeah...I'm done, because I gotta take out the old GTX 680 and install the new GTX 980 ti. Once I get things up and running, I'll let you guys know if I'm impressed with the difference!

I also installed last night went from the HTX 660 to the MSI GTX 980 TI 6GB

The difference is phenomenal. I'm running everything maxed out on a 30" 2560x1600, using DSR to get even higher levels of quality.

I cannot recommend this card more. It has completely changed the game for me.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127889

Last edited:
That's it, I'm done with ED, done with Horizons and I shan't be playing it again...

...until I get my HOTAS back from repair :D

If the VGA light on your board is red I'd guess it is probably not detecting your graphics card correctly.

Try pulling the card and inspect the pci-e slot. Is there any damage or bent pins? Try installing it in the other slot and see if that works.

Does your old card work if you try reinstalling it?

whammo11224 dude, replace the PSU! --

Replace the PSU* with different one in 1st place, always!

-- every wanna-be-elite-champ ones 1st step when hardware misscommmmmmmm;)

Bad Commander!!! Bad. Thats common knowledge in 3302.

*) your PC's power supply unit

Last edited:
OP, what's your next move?

No reply so far..., I bet hes still crying!;))) I would probably. This is very fine GPU:)

All be good OP, fallow the river and you'll get to the sea. Eliminate one possible issue at a time. Start with the connection between monitor and GPU, and check if other PSU solves the case. From my experience with GPUs its PSU fault in 9/10 cases.

I assume all of them come nowadays with daisy chain ports, so you might be plugging the DP cable in a DP OUT port.
Have you tried the DVI?

In almost every thread I read, the problem has been solved by using Legacy instead of UEFI boot in BIOS (PCI-E ROM type or something like that).

Top Bottom