Ships Imperial Cutter Speculation Thread

I just hope it has a better weapon hardpoint set-up than the Corvette!

probably will have , but if it has the cell lay out like clipper, chaff will be extremely effective versus it.

So... do we know anything about this ship yet, anything at all?

We have one, very old concept image; but don't know if it's still valid (some speculated that became the Clipper). It does look a lot like the Clipper, though the nose / canopy seems relatively smaller. But it's hard to judge based on that - given in ED the canopies are misleadingly large. They give the impression the craft is a lot smaller than it is, until you get up close and see the pilot's size dwarfed in that huge cockpit. If the canopy in the Cutter is similarly oversized, then the Cutter would be absolutely massive.

Is it definitely larger than the Clipper? Because the Clipper is one of the largest ships in the game, so it's either going to be a near copy of that, or else it'll need some new way to dock!

It's the ship that most intrigues me (bar the Keelback, which has me wondering..)

you are quite correct, we have nearly no info at all about it, the only thing we do know it is the counterpart to the federation corvette, thus it will be in all likely hood the biggest Empire specific ship

Last edited:
So... do we know anything about this ship yet, anything at all?

We have one, very old concept image; but don't know if it's still valid (some speculated that became the Clipper). It does look a lot like the Clipper, though the nose / canopy seems relatively smaller. But it's hard to judge based on that - given in ED the canopies are misleadingly large. They give the impression the craft is a lot smaller than it is, until you get up close and see the pilot's size dwarfed in that huge cockpit. If the canopy in the Cutter is similarly oversized, then the Cutter would be absolutely massive.

Is it definitely larger than the Clipper? Because the Clipper is one of the largest ships in the game, so it's either going to be a near copy of that, or else it'll need some new way to dock!

It's the ship that most intrigues me (bar the Keelback, which has me wondering..)

Well, if you are referring to what we know about its appearance, your are right, it's not very much.

But we have the information from Elite: Legacy, written by Michael Brookes himself, that the Cutter is supposed to be pretty massive and that it is large enough to carry two imperial fighters.

Looking at the ship comparison chart you can find in this subforum, I doubt the Clipper would be large enough to do the same, given that the Anaconda can carry "only" one Sidewinder and comparing the Clipper to the Anaconda. So from this I'd deduct that the Cutter must be larger than the Clipper.

In addition to that, we have the information that the Cutter is used for transport of important officials, from the in-game description of the Courier.

Well, one thing we do know, is we will see it next week. This is killing me though, I'm dying to see it. I've got 2 Anacondas that'll most likely have to be stripped and traded in to pay for it. Roll on 1.5 Beta :)

Top Bottom