ANNOUNCEMENT Important Information on the Enhanced Missile Rack Initiative

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
Yo what the heckerdoodles? I put 177 tons on my platoon mates carrier and now if buy them back i lose out? That's not cool to announce after the fact.
It was not announced after the fact - the CG text clearly said MINED materials were required. Before Fleet Carriers were added to the mix, this was not a problem as none of these ores could be purchased anyway, and the only way of getting them was to mine them.

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
So how do you claim the reward, at the end of the cg? Or during? The answer wasn’t clear
From the CG original text:
The module will be placed in storage at the Awyra Flirble starport in the Eurybia system by the 12th of February 3307.

and what does double the resources mean? There are no limits
It means if you want buy two extra modules at the tech broker, you will need double the amount of resources given in the list - one set for each additional module.

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
Each missile rack will be bought with materials, not credits. However, our original text - as quoted in the OP of the CG thread - said Proto LIGHT Alloys, not Proto Radiolic Alloys. As the in-game text says Proto Radiolic Alloys I can only think that it is incorrect but have made enquiries so hopefully this will be cleared up soon.
Seems there was a last-minute change and it is Proto Radiolic Alloys that are needed.

It was not announced after the fact - the CG text clearly said MINED materials were required. Before Fleet Carriers were added to the mix, this was not a problem as none of these ores could be purchased anyway, and the only way of getting them was to mine them.
Not sure people are seeing what people are having issue with... With these kind of answers though.

Well I am sorry, that I am a relative newbie and were not around for previous CGs when there were not FCs. Sorry bud arguing that "it was no problem before FCs" is not helping with the problem now.

Also the materials I bought from the Fleet Carrier were mined.They were mined by someone. And I bought it from them through a broker (FC). In similar fashion if you go to a restaurant and ask for a fried chicken and I as a server bring you a fried chicked, you are not expecting me to be the one who fries it, yet it is still fried chicken and you are satisfied with the delivered meal.
Again as a relative newbie it appeared to me that the word MINED in the CG were meant as a "hint" that I don't need to be looking for them in standard stations.
As I mentioned earlier, I lost some money buying a cargo full of the minerals and then selling them at a lower price, expecting CG progress and therefore partial return on the investment in CG reward money and the module. And now I feel like I've been robbed.

I just released the missile rack from a technology broker, but it still says unlocked even after relogging is there a bug? Playing in Xbox used up my photo radios alloys and osmium to do this

Yeah. Kind of not clear at all. Game devs need to update their language to reflect the way the game actually works NOW, not the way it worked 2 years ago.

You need to have the required mats in your inventory, just had to mine 7t of Osmenite to unlock it. That will be 7t (and other mats) per missile rack.

It may be you have unlocked it once, and one will therefore be shown in stored outfitting to stick on your ship. Can unlock it say 5 times and you get 5 of them.

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
Well I am sorry, that I am a relative newbie and were not around for previous CGs when there were not FCs. Sorry bud arguing that "it was no problem before FCs" is not helping with the problem now.

Yeah. Kind of not clear at all. Game devs need to update their language to reflect the way the game actually works NOW, not the way it worked 2 years ago.
Sorry, I did not mean any offence to you. I was trying to point out that you can not normally buy these particular ores from any Station Commodities Markets and the only reason they are available from Fleet Carriers is because the Fleet Carrier owners have put them up for sale after mining them themselves - just try looking at ANY Commodities Market in a non-FC station and you won't find any. Before Fleet Carriers were introduced to the game the confusion never arose because they didn't exist. :) The language used pertains just as much to the way the game works now as it did in the past.

Sorry, I did not mean any offence to you. I was trying to point out that you can not normally buy these particular ores from any Station Commodities Markets and the only reason they are available from Fleet Carriers is because the Fleet Carrier owners have put them up for sale after mining them themselves - just try looking at ANY Commodities Market in a non-FC station and you won't find any. Before Fleet Carriers were introduced to the game the confusion never arose because they didn't exist. :) The language used pertains just as much to the way the game works now as it did in the past.
"The language used pertains just as much to the way the game works now as it did in the past"
How? In the game NOW, you can buy those commodities, whereas previously you could NOT. The language reflects the OLD reality, not the current one. You don't get to weasel out of this by saying "normally, you can't buy them, etc etc."

Fleet Carriers are part of "normally." Buying things at Fleet Carriers is normal. They are in the game, they are a major part of the game; they are not some kind of weird obscure exception.

Top Bottom