Impossible Colors

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I think this is an interesting video and I hope FDev is going to add something similar to the game.
Contrary to what FDev said, it seems to be very much possible to change individual colors, even while in-game.

Anyway, have fun watching the video!

[video=REDACTED - due to profanity in soundtrack.]

Also, I have made the same post here: ED Reddit

Last edited:
Happened to see video before was taken down for those interested it was [] Due to audio they seem to dislike the YT link so i found some choppy way to make it a GIF for whomever made this... I'd honestly really like this feature in game as I get sick of some of the colors and I'm really bad at the whole editing XML thing myself even with the website tool..

Last edited by a moderator:
What? You do know we've been able to mod the HUD and menu colors since the game's release? Frontier have even unofficially supported this in some ways with some color balance corrections for other things when we've modded them. Actual official support and a way to do this in game and for each of our ships would be nice though.

Last edited:
What? You do know we've been able to mod the HUD and menu colors since the games release? Frontier have even unofficially supported this in some ways with some color balance corrections when we've modded them. Actual official support and a way to do this in game and for each of our ships would be nice though.

Don t you see it is in game changes - when you are playing - and color are changing differently on radar !

This is modifying the games memory at run-time right?

It seems. Not sure it is legit... Maybe FD could answer....

This is modifying the games memory at run-time right?

All it has to do is recall the modded file, so either way, it is doable. Has Frontier actually said otherwise?

FYI, modding the client to do these sort of things is technically against their rules, so tread lightly here, but yes, having these sort of options officially supported in-game would be nice.

Last edited:
It only came up recently even the video seems just posted so they likely not looked at it other than removing it due to the song

All it has to do is recall the modded file, so either way, it is doable. Has Frontier actually said otherwise?

There is a quote from FDev at the start of the video. They said that it isn't possible due to limitations in how they render their GUI.

No, from what we currently know Elite takes the UI color from the Graphics config, a set of 3 colors matrix, this is video shows not only the colours changing mid game but also being applied to other sections of the UI... something the config does not show any settings for.

There is a quote from FDev at the start of the video. They said that it isn't possible due to limitations in how they render their GUI.

So how does this "tool" you show do it?

You can change some elements seemingly independently from each other as it is now, it's a bit of a tedious re-balancing act though.

Maybe this video does go above and beyond that though, injecting the data at a later point than the file we can mod. Well, fair enough, then.

Last edited:
You can change some elements seemingly indecently from each other as it is now, it's a bit of a tedious re-balancing act though.

Maybe this video does go above and beyond that though, injecting the data at a later point than the file we can mod. Well, fair enough, then.

no you still misunderstand, this is showing that there are in fact 3 color matrix, one matrix for each section... this as I assume can only be accessed from the game memory and is not exposed to any setting files we can change this leads me to belive this will be seen as a hack since its changing the game memory at run-time... chances are frontier know someone is doing this already.

injecting into the game's memory is going to get you banned.

no you still misunderstand, this is showing that there are in fact 3 color matrix, one matrix for each section... this as I assume can only be accessed from the game memory and is not exposed to any setting files we can change this leads me to belive this will be seen as a hack since its changing the game memory at run-time... chances are frontier know someone is doing this already.

there are 3 color matrix in the GraphicsConfig.xml File...

You can change some elements seemingly independently from each other as it is now, it's a bit of a tedious re-balancing act though.

The video isn't about how it is done, but that it CAN BE DONE, contrary to what FDev stated.

I wasn't specifying how and where the data was injected for hopefully obvious reasons.

I would love to see that.

"Player banned from game for being better at developing a Hud than the Devs..."

[video=youtube_share;WO23WBji_Z0]https://youtu.be/WO23WBji_Z0[/video]

If Fdev were smart they would hire this guy rather than ban him.

Or at least maybe take the hint already and make HUD customization since clearly it isn't that hard.

To be very clear. Malicious script kiddies should be banned on sight.

CMDRCOLORS has so far proven to be using his powers for good. If Fdev see him doing otherwise they have the right to do him dirty as he does them.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom