Impossible Colors

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
So how is it done?

Regardless of how its done, it clearly uses a method prohibited by the developers.

I think the point is to say that the developers are lying saying "it cant be done" as they have told several color blind players.
It can clearly be done. if you they don't want modders fixing it, they should implement it.
As a professional programmer, it is nothing but time to make this (or any feature) happen, they are not willing to invest the time.

How the video maker did it, or how quickly they will ban him for making his game more player friendly is irreverent. the point is that it CAN be done and they are unwilling to put in the effort.

I would love to see that.

"Player banned from game for being better at developing a Hud than the Devs..."

https://youtu.be/WO23WBji_Z0

If Fdev were smart they would hire this guy rather than ban him.

Or at least maybe take the hint already and make HUD customization since clearly it isn't that hard.

I don't think the color changes specifically would be much of an issue...

But yes, it would be nice to see this sort of functionality officially supported and implemented in the game.

I want this tool.. However I'm also skeptical of this working without modifying the games memory.

@Randshot/CmdrColors?, I will say this though - the fact that you are pulling an ancient quote and are insinuating FDEV lied to us is a bit disingenuous. Development is an ongoing thing and I wouldn't be surprised that what you are able to do is a direct result of them having been working on UI color customization due to the fact that it is a very highly requested feature for the game. It's common practice for game developers to create code to perform functions and have the code in the game working but not accessible to players for customization or use. So the quote you pulled may very well have been accurate at the time it was stated - but clearly it isn't now. If anything your video tells me FD is working on it; just not telling us about it because people get salty when they don't get things on time.

Last edited:
What do you define a hack as? I am very interested, since I personally wouldn't see this as a hack.

There are certain elements of the game files and by extension the client as loaded that people are permitted to mess with and others that they aren't. The actual effect on the running client isn't necessarily so much the issue, if that makes sense.

Injecting anything into Elite in real time, via RAM or files or anything really, is a breach of the game's ToS and can get you perma banned from the entire game.

Not even joking either. I'll be it this is a neat trick, FDEV doesn't take lightly to injections (which are considered hacks btw) and will get you banned from just about everything. I suggest you remove this post before someone else does it for you.

So this is a hack... just as I thought, time to get this shut down.

it looks almost like he is using reshade with a custom shader.
depending on where he injects, it may not be more a "hack" as those using reshade or other GFX injectors to enhance the look of the game

Injecting anything into Elite in real time, via RAM or files or anything really, is a breach of the game's ToS and can get you perma banned from the entire game.

Not even joking either. I'll be it this is a neat trick, FDEV doesn't take lightly to injections (which are considered hacks btw) and will get you banned from just about everything. I suggest you remove this post before someone else does it for you.
shadowbanned is the correct word

Agreed. This is not a good idea.

it looks almost like he is using reshade with a custom shader.
depending on where he injects, it may not be more a "hack" as those using reshade or other GFX injectors to enhance the look of the game

shadowbanned is the correct word

Not independently from each other like this for specific game elements, that I'm aware of. Of course, I may be mistaken... ...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom