In case you wonder why you get ganked in open

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
True, however the mouth is the last thing to be tried. You have the cupboard door, floor, (somehow) ceiling, ear, face (progress!), various unfortunate pets and then mouth.
I hope you have some Steam charts to back these locational assertions up ;)

Wait a minute, is this an accepted methodology for creating gameplay, as 'mashed banana' seems to be Frontier's chosen method?

Seeing as COD is a highly-polished game, I don't think we ever need to worry about ED turning into it.

It's also the same shallow thing year after year, a short campaign with some maps to allow some pretend soldiers to shoot each other online. But it's popular because people like that sort of thing. Others, though, prefer to play something a bit different.

ED was never designed with PvP in mind. In fact, in an early interview, Braben said that open was meant to be cooperative.

Seeing as COD is a highly-polished game, I don't think we ever need to worry about ED turning into it.
Sick burn!
giphy.gif

I would say at least 80% of my encounters are non hostile i.e. we simply ignore each other, then I usually send an o7 unless the cmdr is an imperial loving scum (aligned to an imperial power). In that case, well ...

07 - yes took me a while to figure that one out,

once I dropped into a system with 2 commanders in it, I typed "Hi" and they both ran like the wind,

now I just fly silent :)

I hope you have some Steam charts to back these locational assertions up ;)

Wait a minute, is this an accepted methodology for creating gameplay, as 'mashed banana' seems to be Frontier's chosen method?

Well, we use a banana for scale, why not used its mashed flesh as a gameplay yardstick too?

You kind of feel for the blokes that brag about it though all the same. Takes a certain level of dedication to get your jollies from that sort of thing.
Takes a certain amount of something that's for sure. Not entirely certain what that something is though...

It's also the same shallow thing year after year, a short campaign with some maps to allow some pretend soldiers to shoot each other online. But it's popular because people like that sort of thing. Others, though, prefer to play something a bit different.

ED was never designed with PvP in mind. In fact, in an early interview, Braben said that open was meant to be cooperative.

right, they must have found the whole PvP part of the game under their armpit one bright morning

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom