Discussion INARA and EDDB are useless and unreliable [SOLVED - player needs Horizons]

That tool shows me where to sell them. Not where to find them.....
The paragraph "Where To Mine Void Opals" does tell you, but it doesn't take you by your hand.

Also NO this HASNT been SOLVED.
Your initial question was solved. The hotspot thing is a new one but it's also solved allready: No tool directly to find hostspots, just rings. You have to find the hotspots yourself, like playing the game.

Last edited:
That tool shows me where to sell them. Not where to find them.....

Are you trolling or just didnt bother to read any posts?
moron.jpg

How is it not EDDBs fault? A few times I scan the rings and not a single hotspot. What is the EDDB/bodies thing for?

Listen - you first of all made this thread because you didn't understand the game (i.e. you needed Horizons but didn't have it) - now you resurrect your vapid dismissal of a very useful resource by failing to understand that site's purpose. EDDB will tell you lots of stuff but it isn't always going to tell you where a specific thing can be found - that isn't the site's fault it is yours for not researching what you are looking for. You have been told about the "miner's tool" - go learn how to use it.

Now please wind your whining back - learn about the game and try to have a good new year. You will find that if you ask questions reasonably you will get lots of help - but if you keep up this whinging and mud-slinging you will just get added to people's ignore list.

So EDDB is useless.....
Suck it up, buttercup.
The early players of the game, the ones who created those "useless" websites didn't have the tools you have been given access to and took years to progress through the game.
Instead of whining incessantly about it simply play the game as it was designed, without using the tools.
Take three or four years to earn enough credits to purchase an Anaconda.
Search endlessly for mining hot-spots.
Spend months and years searching for and collecting materials and data so Engineers can modify your ship.
EDDB is not useless, you want the game spoon-fed to you and do not want to do any significant work in order to succeed.
Next you'll be whining that mining isn't paying you enough.

Last edited:
Suck it up, buttercup.
The early players of the game, the ones who created those "useless" websites didn't have the tools you have been given access to and took years to progress through the game.
Instead of whining incessantly about it simply play the game as it was designed, without using the tools.
Take three or four years to earn enough credits to purchase an Anaconda.
Search endlessly for mining hot-spots.
Spend months and years searching for and collecting materials and data so Engineers can modify your ship.
EDDB is not useless, you want the game spoon-fed to you and do not want to do any significant work in order to succeed.
Next you'll be whining that mining isn't paying you enough.
I just want it to work. Not just void opals. Few times I wanted a module. Got to the station listed, no module.

Someone posted EDDB hasnt been updated in a year. Is that true?

I just want it to work. Not just void opals. Few times I wanted a module. Got to the station listed, no module. Someone posted EDDB hasnt been updated in a year. Is that true?
Right, you want to have it all handed to you. You want an "Easy" button. A list to tell you where to get this, a list to tell you how to do that. If you are just told everything, you will never learn anything. I get best Painite prices updated from EDDB every half-hour or so.

I'll let you in on a very open secret:

Once you achieve ELITE status in something, either trade, exploration or combat you get access to the Shinrarta Dezhra (Founder's World) system. There, at Jameson Memorial station not only can you purchase any ship in the game, at a 10% discount but almost every module as well, also at a 10% discount. o7

Last edited:
Right, you want to have it all handed to you. You want an "Easy" button. A list to tell you where to get this, a list to tell you how to do that. If you are just told everything, you will never learn anything. I get best Painite prices updated from EDDB every half-hour or so. o7
I just wanted to be pointed in the right direction.

Now that I think about it. Last week I bought my Conda. Was mining in Python and was doing well before that. Figured out core roid shape color etc. I'd get 4 cores in an hour about 64 opals then run back to sell them while being interdicted by pirates. I dont have that luck in my Conda.....

I just wanted to be pointed in the right direction.

Now that I think about it. Last week I bought my Conda. Was mining in Python and was doing well before that. Figured out core roid shape color etc. I'd get 4 cores in an hour about 64 opals then run back to sell them while being interdicted by pirates. I dont have that luck in my Conda.....
Some would say: go back to mining in your Python. You may not collect as much per sortie but it moves faster so you collect faster in the short run and fore some, that speed makes the experience more satisfying. I use a Corvette for deep-core mining, which is basically a big Python. It's fun, boosting through the rings at full throttle and picking out VOpal motherlodes in my peripheral vision.

Some would say: go back to mining in your Python. You may not collect as much per sortie but it moves faster so you collect faster in the short run. For some, that speed makes the experience more satisfying. I use a Corvette for deep-core mining, which is basically a big Python. It's fun, boosting through the rings at full throttle and picking out VOpal motherlodes in my peripheral vision.

Top Bottom