Discussion INARA and EDDB are useless and unreliable [SOLVED - player needs Horizons]

I am looking for a Type-10 Defender. Checked EDDB and INARA. Went to multiple stations. NOTHING. I saw an ANACONDA, but not the Type-10. Yes I know to look at when it was last updated. Some of theres were TODAY. One said 7 minutes ago...... If I want to be lied to, I'll watch CNN.

So can anybody list sites/tools that ARE NOT broken? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
External web sites ALL use the same PLAYER plug in APIs data uploaded from PCs...
NO other sources exists...
Once elite rank you get access to jamerson station that has every ship class

Last edited:
External web sites ALL use the same PLAYER plug in APIs data uploaded from PCs...
NO other sources exists...
Once elite rank you get access to jamerson station that has every ship class
So I should grind using UNRELIABLE data until I magically get to Elite!? Amazing plan!?

No you learn that the SHIP is ALLIANCE favoured ship and then just go to an alliance high population and high tech station...
which instantly gives you the T10 as a choice..
EMh_Wm0WkAEVIbf

I am looking for a Type-10 Defender. Checked EDDB and INARA. Went to multiple stations. NOTHING. I saw an ANACONDA, but not the Type-10. Yes I know to look at when it was last updated. Some of theres were TODAY. One said 7 minutes ago...... If I want to be lied to, I'll watch CNN.

So can anybody list sites/tools that ARE NOT broken? Thanks.
So I should grind using UNRELIABLE data until I magically get to Elite!? Amazing plan!?
I have. I go where EDDB or Inara says Type10's are sold.

However I just realised Type10 is Horizons, which I dont have.

Absolutely blinkin' hilarious - thanks for the laugh.

:ROFLMAO:

I think OP owes an apology to the authors of the third party sites he quite happily slagged off before checking his facts. Inara in particular is a hugely popular and well respected resource, used by players all over the world and constantly being updated. It is authored and maintained by Artie, a single individual. The time this man (and others like him) must spend on the site is phenomenal, and to call them a liar is a bit much.

I am looking for a Type-10 Defender. Checked EDDB and INARA. Went to multiple stations. NOTHING. I saw an ANACONDA, but not the Type-10. Yes I know to look at when it was last updated. Some of theres were TODAY. One said 7 minutes ago...... If I want to be lied to, I'll watch CNN. So can anybody list sites/tools that ARE NOT broken? Thanks.

If the 3rd party tools are not up to your standard then try playing Elite Dangerous without using those 3rd party tools that players worked so hard for years create and see how difficult the game becomes. Those tools are not created by or maintained by FDev, they were created by, are maintained by players and no, they are not 100% reliable, they are not always 100% correct or 100% up-to-date but most players understand the very minor limitations of these tools, accept them and work around them.

Maybe instead of sniveling and whining, do it better. Create a better, more reliable, more up-to-date 3rd party tool for Elite Dangerous. We'll wait.

.... or just buy the Horizons dlc

I have to say that it adds a dimension to the game that I wouldn't want to be without. Great deal on sale. I can't thank the EDDB and Inara folks (among others) enough. Great tools; so what if the trade margin is off by a few credits, or other data is off. That's life- and game too, apparently!

If the 3rd party tools are not up to your standard then try playing Elite Dangerous without using those 3rd party tools that players worked so hard for years create and see how difficult the game becomes. Those tools are not created by or maintained by FDev, they were created by, are maintained by players and no, they are not 100% reliable, they are not always 100% correct or 100% up-to-date but most players understand the very minor limitations of these tools, accept them and work around them.

Maybe instead of sniveling and whining, do it better. Create a better, more reliable, more up-to-date 3rd party tool for Elite Dangerous. We'll wait.
Im sorry I have high standards!? I shall lower them!?

What a non-sequitur question! What standard should the players, who created these tools for FREE and continue for years to maintain them for FREE uphold for your satisfaction? They all ask for donations, almost nobody ever donates, how much have YOU donated to the creation and maintenance of any of these tools?
You do not have "high standards". What you have, is an inflated opinion of yourself. BTW if you have Horizons you can get a Type-10 at Jameson Memorial Station in Shinrarta Dezhra system.
PS: Learn some spelling and grammar. We have standards, too.

Last edited:

It has nothing to do with standards - it is just a case of you having a good old rant and slagging-off session about something that was not a problem - the problem was you not knowing what you were doing. - Now go buy Horizons and have a happy crossmass.

It has nothing to do with standards - it is just a case of you having a good old rant and slagging-off session about something that was not a problem - the problem was you not knowing what you were doing. - Now go buy Horizons and have a happy crossmass.
Theres been many times not just ships, but commodities as well.

Whats to prevent prople from giving false data to INARA and EDDB.

Top Bottom