Increase FC jump yield on Tritium instead of making more changes to mining

I am stuck in the black without enough fuel to return to the Bubble. Exploring with FC is very very bad idea. I have mining Cutter with me but filling 576T with Tritium needs 2,5 hours!! And i need extra 4,500T ( 9*2,5 hours = 21-23 hours disgusting mining ). Since the beginning i hate mining and i don't it so much (even at LTD rush)

I have three solutions about that;

1-Tritium will be the cheapest thing in the game (1-2 cr per tonnes) and never be trading meta. Then FD doesn't have to nerf or buff mining yields
2-Tritium will be the cheapest thing in the game (1-2 cr per tonnes) and never be trading meta. Then FD doesn't have to nerf or buff mining yields
3-Tritium will be the cheapest thing in the game (1-2 cr per tonnes) and never be trading meta. Then FD doesn't have to nerf or buff mining yields

Is it so hard to consider this, lovely FD?

So many different ways. I suggest not using a fc apart from locally.
And wait till whichever solution fdevs opt for.
Personally I like the duel fuel scoop thing.
But this does need resolving. One way or another.

You could buy it.. but if you look at the current availability on Inara you will only get good quantities from medium / small platforms. Meaning, you'll have to transfer it with a smaller ship like a Python that has a maximum cargo of 294 tons (shield-less). It's not like when FCs were first introduced and you could buy a full load for 4k/ton from a large station.

You can still buy cheap, just don't blindly follow inara. I have 55,000 tonnes stored from setting up buy orders for two carriers near Achenar & another system a few days back.

Even the 40k stuff can turn over a profit of 300+mill, wait for the next cheap port and use those credits to pay others to refuel the carrier for you. Colonia on the other hand relies on shipments from the bubble, and mining.

You could buy it.. but if you look at the current availability on Inara you will only get good quantities from medium / small platforms. Meaning, you'll have to transfer it with a smaller ship like a Python that has a maximum cargo of 294 tons (shield-less). It's not like when FCs were first introduced and you could buy a full load for 4k/ton from a large station.
If you're insistent on fuelling your carrier with the really cheap 4k/tonne Tritium, yes, it'll probably take a while.

In Beta we weren't aware that the states causing 4k/tonne existed, and people seemed reasonably happy with the 40k/tonne price. That, there are plenty of large pad stations with well over 25k supply, and probably always will be.

I counted the 10 hours of "doing something profitable" to raise money for the Tritium on the 40k price - if you could get it at the 4k price then that'd only take 1 hour to raise the money to fill the carrier. Either way, double Tritium efficiency would lead to virtually no-one ever needing to mine Tritium again.

In the normal, regular ship, we do fuel scooping maybe 10-15 sec. and go to another system. I understand why FCs need another fuel source but;

Mining Tritium has not to be "time" consuming. I could mine Tritium about 10-15 minutes for 500T filling, NOT 2,5 hours! If Tritium is special chemicals then it must be lots of it. When mining, we should see %80-90 amount of it at "everywhere" (not just in icy rings), not %10-25 like others. This could be a solution too. (Also it must be cheap 1-2 cr per tonnes as I mentioned before for not to be trading meta)

But FD must do something about it. I returned to the game after the months for wonderful creature (yes, FC) and i am stuck at the black. So sad to see her laying...

Top Bottom