Increased rebuy for engineered modules to tackle credit inflation

Sorry Kaim, but people should not have to do mandatory grind involving mining simply to get into PvP.

I'm also a fairly long time player at this point and I have never even had over 500 million simply because my ship choices reflect how much money I need. I spent more time PvPing than doing anything else in game.

Personally I don't feel like it's justified to activly punish ship loss for people who never exploit broken systems and what you're trying to push literally advocates using broken credit grinds. In fact, you're suggesting that people absolutley have to go mining just to PvP.

As we well know there is enough of a grind wall to get into that playstyle what with all the engineer unlocks and the material grind.

In fact, the way that you've put this makes it seem like you don't want anyone PvPing who has'nt played for years and has'nt exploited the game.

I feel like I actually earned what I have in game and aside from not wanting to do a dull and vapid grind to continue my playstyle, I don't think many other players would be oerly impressed with yet another grind wall to getting into PvP.

If the people who already want to start PvPing, (The playstyle you put yourself in the greatest risks) then they will be put off easily but yet another mountain of grind to push through.

Whilst I don't disagree that some people have too much money, forcing people to pay nigh on 100% of their total investment into their ships is definatly not the way to go about it as it ony favours the exploiters and only they have the funds to continue just playing instead of grinding. Like I said, it is actively punishing anyone who does'nt try to exploit the credit systems.

I never said that engineered modules increase your whole ship's rebuy. You only pay increased rebuy for each individual engineered module so assume you have only one G5 engineered FSD and the rest is vanilla, you pay 5% of each vanilla module upon destruction +110% of your FSD's buying price in credits which sums up to an average of about ~10% of your total ship's credit value but this is just a guess and not a factor on top.
Makes sense to me.

I never said that engineered modules increase your whole ship's rebuy. You only pay increased rebuy for each individual engineered module so assume you have only one G5 engineered FSD and the rest is vanilla, you pay 5% of each vanilla module upon destruction +110% of your FSD's buying price in credits which sums up to an average of about ~10% of your total ship's credit value but this is just a guess and not a factor on top.
Makes sense to me.

How does this remotely make sense?

It's fine if you're a PvE player who has no need of a suitibly outfitted ship, however for those of us who have already spent the ungodly amount of time to G5 thier entire ships it's a death scentence.

You put in a HUGE amount of time to get your ship the way you want, then you have to spend yet more time, to get that ship even slightly affordable.

This whole concept is literally a farce.

Besides, you don't even play anymore according to 90% of your posts Duck

How does this remotely make sense?

It's fine if you're a PvE player who has no need of a suitibly outfitted ship, however for those of us who have already spent the ungodly amount of time to G5 thier entire ships it's a death scentence.

You put in a HUGE amount of time to get your ship the way you want, then you have to spend yet more time, to get that ship even slightly affordable.

This whole concept is literally a farce.

Hello, hello, over here o/
Maybe you missed it but I am of the kind who has spent alot of time engineering fully to G5. Actually I did it over 13 times and I am engineering even more to store 120 modules (all G5 engineered) to quickly adapt loadouts for specific situations. 13 fully G5 PvP ready ships and 120 modules fully G5 engineered and yet I am proposing this change because I, me, the guy who did it more than 13 times, believes that rebuys are too low for G5 engineered ships.

Your argument is invalid. Maybe you are not used to not recieving instant reward and gratification for your work but that doesn't change the fact that there is objectively a large gap between credit income and spending oppotunities. You earn credits so fast but even if you'd put effort in spending credits (for a purpose) you won't achieve bankruptcy. There simply isn't enough to spend credits on and since engineers have been introduced and the pwoer level of player ships increased significantly, the rebuy for these, however, did not. It is only fair and balanced to adjust this overseen misery even though it is already pretty late.

I don't live in England, either. Does that disqualify me from expressing my opinion to all the Brits in this forum about a game I invested two years in?

Anyway, just git gud and stop exploding all the time, and then you'll have nothing to cry about. 😭

I'd hardly qualify Elite's mechanisms as instant reward, but I see the point of the rotting PvP side to make things even more grindy and reclusive. After being inflicted Leng Tche by the devs themselves, with every patches making it more and more inpractical for people to shoot at each others, those who remains should obviously ask to bled to death for what they enjoy doing and be forced to mine like any others.

Hello, hello, over here o/
Maybe you missed it but I am of the kind who has spent alot of time engineering fully to G5. Actually I did it over 13 times and I am engineering even more to store 120 modules (all G5 engineered) to quickly adapt loadouts for specific situations. 13 fully G5 PvP ready ships and 120 modules fully G5 engineered and yet I am proposing this change because I, me, the guy who did it more than 13 times, believes that rebuys are too low for G5 engineered ships.

Your argument is invalid. Maybe you are not used to not recieving instant reward and gratification for your work but that doesn't change the fact that there is objectively a large gap between credit income and spending oppotunities. You earn credits so fast but even if you'd put effort in spending credits (for a purpose) you won't achieve bankruptcy. There simply isn't enough to spend credits on and since engineers have been introduced and the pwoer level of player ships increased significantly, the rebuy for these, however, did not. It is only fair and balanced to adjust this overseen misery even though it is already pretty late.

You are also one of those players with more money than you can spend.

It is not right to punish folk who don't run borderline exploits, or even force them to do so because you have zero restraint when it comes to earning cash.

Either exploit like us or dont PvP is the general feeling of this idea.

I don't live in England, either. Does that disqualify me from expressing my opinion to all the Brits in this forum about a game I invested two years in?

Anyway, just git gud and stop exploding all the time, and then you'll have nothing to cry about. 😭

Git gud and stop exploding xD

At least come up with a comment that has some weight. The point of PvP is to kill each other.

Just so you know, my K: D ratio is considerably higher than average so... HA.

However the point here is that folks like myself who don't have an unrestrained concept of greed should not be forced to be greedy to continue our playstyle.

You still seem pretty invested considering your continued presence on these forums, but by not playing this has no effect on you, but im sure if you dipped your toes into open play, you'd find the idea pretty damn stupid after you got wasted by gank squads ten or fifteen times beleive me.

You are also one of those players with more money than you can spend.

It is not right to punish folk who don't run borderline exploits, or even force them to do so because you have zero restraint when it comes to earning cash.

Either exploit like us or dont PvP is the general feeling of this idea.

The difference is though, void opal isn't an exploit. It is intended. FDev have stated they'd look over the void opal pricing and change it if they feel it is overpriced. Since they haven't done anything since their release I take it as working as intended. This is no exploit, this is valid gameplay, according to FDev. And as such, it most likely won't get changed anytime soon. However, the emerged issues that arised from that are yet be to adressed.
And just because you refuse do farm void opals (or LTDs, pianite, etc.) doesn't mean the issue is any less of an impact.

The difference is though, void opal isn't an exploit. It is intended. FDev have stated they'd look over the void opal pricing and change it if they feel it is overpriced. Since they haven't done anything since their release I take it as working as intended. This is no exploit, this is valid gameplay, according to FDev. And as such, it most likely won't get changed anytime soon. However, the emerged issues that arised from that are yet be to adressed.
And just because you refuse do farm void opals (or LTDs, pianite, etc.) doesn't mean the issue is any less of an impact.

Then by extention, and clearly by design, FDev are'nt interested in sucking the player base dry of thier money either.

Seemingly people having the ability to get the ships and modules they want in short amounts of time is something they see as good for the game.

Lets not forget that even new players can have a G5's ship with all the basics in a relatively short amount of time especially using the mining methods now, even one of the hardest engineers to unlock (Selene) is now almost dont before they even unlock the engineer itself.

Encouraging players to have fun is something that makes a game engaging and stripping assets from people in such a forceful and downright malicious way is not something that is going to help the long term health of the game.

As I said, just because some of you have a greedy nature when it comes to ingame credits does not mean the rest of us do.

The point here is that even if credits are easier to come by not everyone is motivated by money. To add, this is a game with a relative amount of freedom of choice, people can choose how they want to play it and forcing people to go mining is not going to encourage people to keep playing.

Top Bottom