Inner Moons List

zwischenablage02ivjfj.jpg

HIP 227733
9 object brown dwarf L class has three moon inside ring
WoCF9f7.jpg
and view from planet 9a, unfortunately ring was not visible
NZXLpVv.jpg

HD :)

That is an interesting system. According to the main object type and the density of the ring, the ring should be visible as dense.
By the way, I see, you visited the system in the Odissey. Didn't you happen to check it in the Horizons?
That could be the explanation.. my pc is too weak for odyssey so i may have not seen the rings. I tried to run it a couple of times but my gc is not happy about it and transforms into a jet engine.

HD :)

That is an interesting system. According to the main object type and the density of the ring, the ring should be visible as dense.
By the way, I see, you visited the system in the Odissey. Didn't you happen to check it in the Horizons?
Thanks, for correction.
I can explain not visibilty ring from planet - landing point in same plane as the ring. I try make other screen from other planet or other point

UPD
I noticed ring from planet 9c
screen from Odissey
fooi3f3.png

tuPEo3l.png

and same from Horizons
e0hfvhB.png

Last edited:
Anyone posting in this thread or following it any suggestions on how to get a galaxy map of the spreadsheet list from the 1st post generated? Wouldn't mind putting a tour/expedition together around some of these.

I went back over my old logs and discovered a bunch of Shepherd Moons which predate my first listing in this thread and were probably never posted.
I added a zip file with the exported data if that helps to add them.

GCMzJtG.png

G2zDF7p.png

Attachments

• moon lists.zip
    5 KB · Views: 61
Found a really nice one here:

Shepherd moon.png

It orbits directly between ring B and C, which is something I haven't seen before.

There's also a second moon that orbits at a 90° inclination, giving it a spectacular view of the rings. Sadly, neither moon is landable.

I'll admit I'm being lazy but has anyone mapped the list onto a galactic map or knows of any way of doing so?
I've kept an eye on this list for some time and I know there are some gems I really want to visit if I'm vaguely near to them (currently going up the Colonia Bridge away from the Bubble and about half way to Rohini).
EDIT: just noticed I've posted the same request a bit up. Apologies.

They are common, it is true. Though there are some types, that are less common, than the others :)

True, the main thing I look for these days is if the outer ring is visible. So many of these shepherd moon systems have an invisible or all but invisible outer ring and you can't get decent shots of both rings from the one body.

Top Bottom