Introducing Tim, your new Community Manager!

1586302378187.png

Well met, O Mighty Tim!

Hello Tim.
I think your position is someone who coordinates communication with the community.
Could you create a theme or make a vote there for all players of the Game to see the general attitude of the community towards FC?
I myself am not an expert in this matter, but for something like this:

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Tim,

Nice to have you on board and I look forward to seeing you playing Elite or seeing you on streams.

Fly safe (or dangerous if you prefer). o7

Well, Tim, I hope you are happy among the Elite Dangerous family, but you have reached the beginning of a hot barbecue with the beta of the Fleets and the displeasure of a large part of the Elite family for these presented Fleets.

Tim Smith

Lead Community Manager
Such a great welcome thank you everyone! Here we go with an epic multi-quote reply cracks knuckles

FIRST! Welcome Tim, happy to have you on the team!

Thank you Bo <3

Welcome to the burning gates of hell. I doubt that there is any worse moment to join the team as a CM than now. Trial by fire I say, best of success, try not to lose your sanity. o7

I would dare to say this was the BEST moment to join, a passionate community who want the game to be better and are willing to share how they feel? That's always great! We're going to keep checking the feedback and go from there :)

Welcome mate!!!

Super excited to have you on the team!

You guys have already made me feel instantly a part of the team and welcomed :)

Welcome! Picked quite a day to join :)

Tuesdays ARE pretty great, its true!

Bo! :(

Welcome to the team, Tim - you're a great addition to the team which the community will soon discover! :)

I'll do my best! o7

Welcome to the jungle Tim, talk about in at the deep end...

It's great to see the community being active and sharing their thoughts! The team is working super hard too to support you all <3

Saw the Twitter announcement last night - Welcome to the mad house.
You have indeed joined at a time of great change....

Thanks for the welcome! The change is what makes it exciting after all, right? :)

Hello Tim, welcome and have fun with playing ED and this community! o7

Thank you Martind! o7

Welcome Tim! As you can see, the community is currently on fire over the Carrier beta. Hope you have an extinguisher handy! Good luck!

I'll consider my extinguisher to be listening to and talking with you all, I actually think its great that everyone is sharing how they feel so we can see it. Good and bad feedback all help us make the game better!

I don't think Fleet Carriers are going down very well.

I think there's definitely some strong positives as well as the negative feedback, but having both really helps us determine changes we need to make later on :)

Tim. word of advice, RUN
Carriers are going to be hell and you just been thrown into the hot seat!

Also, communicate with us god dammit! we are your community not Imperial slaves!

Communicating with you all is definitely on the priority list <3 Even if we aren't able to reply every time we're always taking in feedback from you all!

Hi Tim, welcome to the best damn gaming community on the internet. So which bit of the 2020 update are you most looking forward to? ;)

Thanks for the warm welcome! Oh well my favourite bit is definitely
hang on you can't trick me this easily!
followed by
Can't wait to get to know everyone in the community better <3

Some call him Tim!

Welcome Tim, glad to have you on board.

They certainly do, I also know much that is hidden.

What manner of man is he, that can summon fire without flint or tinder?

I...am an enchanter.

From the PS4 cmdrs (yes we do exist), can you check with management how progress on bringing the Cobra MK4 to our platform is going along please?

Have fun, fly safe, call the Fuel Rats if you run out of fuel.

Currently, there are no plans for that at the moment. HOWEVER, you are speaking with a fellow PS4 CMDR, so we may run into each other out in the black!

I'll make sure to have the Fuel Rats on speed dial, I can get carried away while I'm flying :p

Welcome aboard Tim. We have hand sanitiser but no toilet roll.

The ultimate commodity, coveted by many.

Welcome Tim! Becoming community manager on patch day during a pandemic? Well, no lack of courage I see! :)

Ain't no power in the 'verse that can stop me!

I remember when it was just Ed, now there's community people everywhere. It's all very confusing!

shuffles off to buy bread and teacakes

Oh and hello Tim. Don't mind this lot they're all crazy. BTW as is tradition you get to tell us what's in the next update. Dave won't mind.

Excellent! In that case I'll share what's in the next update.....the only question now is when to do that :unsure:

Hello Tim.
I think your position is someone who coordinates communication with the community.
Could you create a theme or make a vote there for all players of the Game to see the general attitude of the community towards FC?
I myself am not an expert in this matter, but for something like this:

Hi SergMx! For now, we're gathering feedback on both owning and visiting the Fleet Carriers on the forums. We're already seeing the reception of Fleet Carriers this way, and, rest assured, we will continue to monitor all incoming feedback on how you all feel about them!

You can share feedback about owning a Fleet Carrier here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/focused-feedback-fleet-carrier-owners.540565/

...and you can share about visiting a Fleet Carrier here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/focused-feedback-fleet-carrier-visitors.540566/

Thanks again for everyone welcoming me and messaging, I'll keep checking back to reply to more of your lovely messages <3

Such a great welcome thank you everyone! Here we go with an epic multi-quote reply cracks knuckles

Thank you Bo <3

I would dare to say this was the BEST moment to join, a passionate community who want the game to be better and are willing to share how they feel? That's always great! We're going to keep checking the feedback and go from there :)

You guys have already made me feel instantly a part of the team and welcomed :)

Tuesdays ARE pretty great, its true!

I'll do my best! o7

It's great to see the community being active and sharing their thoughts! The team is working super hard too to support you all <3

Thanks for the welcome! The change is what makes it exciting after all, right? :)

Thank you Martind! o7

I'll consider my extinguisher to be listening to and talking with you all, I actually think its great that everyone is sharing how they feel so we can see it. Good and bad feedback all help us make the game better!

I think there's definitely some strong positives as well as the negative feedback, but having both really helps us determine changes we need to make later on :)

Communicating with you all is definitely on the priority list <3 Even if we aren't able to reply every time we're always taking in feedback from you all!

Thanks for the warm welcome! Oh well my favourite bit is definitely
hang on you can't trick me this easily!
followed by
Can't wait to get to know everyone in the community better <3

They certainly do, I also know much that is hidden.

I...am an enchanter.

Currently, there are no plans for that at the moment. HOWEVER, you are speaking with a fellow PS4 CMDR, so we may run into each other out in the black!

I'll make sure to have the Fuel Rats on speed dial, I can get carried away while I'm flying :p

The ultimate commodity, coveted by many.

Ain't no power in the 'verse that can stop me!

Excellent! In that case I'll share what's in the next update.....the only question now is when to do that :unsure:

Hi SergMx! For now, we're gathering feedback on both owning and visiting the Fleet Carriers on the forums. We're already seeing the reception of Fleet Carriers this way, and, rest assured, we will continue to monitor all incoming feedback on how you all feel about them!

You can share feedback about owning a Fleet Carrier here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/focused-feedback-fleet-carrier-owners.540565/

...and you can share about visiting a Fleet Carrier here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/focused-feedback-fleet-carrier-visitors.540566/

Thanks again for everyone welcoming me and messaging, I'll keep checking back to reply to more of your lovely messages <3

I see from the length of your multi-quote post you are being trained for patch note writing :D

Glad to hear it! I promise, we're not always on fire, Carriers are just a little bit of a special case, considering how long we've been waiting for them 😅

Again, welcome and good luck!

Top Bottom