Introducing Tim, your new Community Manager!

I would dare to say this was the BEST moment to join, a passionate community who want the game to be better and are willing to share how they feel? That's always great! We're going to keep checking the feedback and go from there :)
Hey, good afternoon, Tim! :)
Well, I'm glad you think you came at the perfect moment, maybe you did.
Anyway, I want to wish you success! :)
And, I have a request to you, please pass on my suggestions to the development department.

Thank you! :)

That remains to be seen... we've worn out quite a lot of them :devilish:😉

I can imagine FD remote working on beta day:

I mean look at all those FC threads!

giphy.gif

Open lines of communication are good - so I welcome this news. We have a great deal of feedback and there is a serious sense of alarm about the game at the moment - we want to turn the situation around as much as Fdev, I am sure.

Hi Tim, i made 15 jumps covering more than 1000Lys in just 10.3 mins just refueling from the stars and just paying for my ship repairs so in that matter what is your point of view about the fleet carriers and their complete lack of sense in almost every aspect?
Wait...sorry you are part of the team so there must be an internal policy about not talking about this.
My apologies.
PS: Btw these apologies came from an almost 3 year player, and they are not sarcastic , they are sad...truly sad.

I...am an enchanter.

Well how enchanting. You've got my vote, and I promise to ignore any of the-glass-of-rat-poison-is-half-full marketing imagery that may - may - be necessary in a post like yours for survival purposes, given the salty sort of saltmeisters that lurk here in the kingdom of Sodium B Negative.

From the PS4 cmdrs (yes we do exist), can you check with management how progress on bringing the Cobra MK4 to our platform is going along please?

Have fun, fly safe, call the Fuel Rats if you run out of fuel.
Currently, there are no plans for that at the moment. HOWEVER, you are speaking with a fellow PS4 CMDR, so we may run into each other out in the black!
Thanks for the response, although that is dissapointing.

Has there been any internal discussion on "fairness" of the situation?
As Zac Antonaci had previously said (when the Cobra MK4 was PC pre-orders only) that to not offer the Cobra MK4 to Xbox players would be unfair. Then again the Cobra MK4 was made available to Lifetime Expansion Pass owners. Both "breaking" the initial statement it would be a one-time offer.
PS4 players would just like parity with other platforms, and have the Cobra MK4 made available to PS4 pre-order players.

I'd guess on the database end, it should be the same CMDRs who had the pre-order sidewinder job, so scripting should be trivial - if a decision was made for platform equality.

Tim Smith

Lead Community Manager
Open lines of communication are good - so I welcome this news. We have a great deal of feedback and there is a serious sense of alarm about the game at the moment - we want to turn the situation around as much as Fdev, I am sure.

We've been reading all the feedback we possibly can, and we all want the game to be the best it can possibly be, so keep the feedback coming :D

Well how enchanting. You've got my vote, and I promise to ignore any of the-glass-of-rat-poison-is-half-full marketing imagery that may - may - be necessary in a post like yours for survival purposes, given the salty sort of saltmeisters that lurk here in the kingdom of Sodium B Negative.

Ultimately if people are posting, they care about the game and are passionate about it! That's an important part to remember :)

Welcome aboard Tim, and good luck mate... I've been playing Elite Dangerous since December 2015, and fleet carriers has been the worst received content I have seen, and you've joined the community management team just as that started, so you've really caught a tough break there. There are a lot of criticism's and a lot of suggestions, but really, its damage control rather than amerlioration that those suggestions are aiming for.

Top Bottom