Introducing Tim, your new Community Manager!

Sorry Tim, me again :)
It would be handy if you could relay to the team that when they dream up these astronomical figures, like for the Fleet Carriers upkeep, they should not think of it in terms of credits but in terms of time. I mean our time, precious time. It's good to have a challenge, but it's a game and it should be fun and not feel like work. And neither should it be exclusively for those who don't have a job or a family to look after. Because if you have either of these, then what you are asking with Fleet Carriers is simply not possible. Nerds have girlfriends and wives too! (hey that would make a good bumper sticker!). Love ya...

Hello Commanders!

My name is Tim, and from this week I’ll be joining the community team for Elite Dangerous here at Frontier!

In Elite Dangerous, I’ve recently been enjoying kitting out my hauler and essentially playing Catan with all the trading I’ve been doing. I can’t wait to kick it up a notch and get involved with everything there is to offer (I’ve got my eyes on the Fleet Carriers already!).

Otherwise, I’m a big gamer (that’s all of us though!) and love playing a variety both online and offline. If you want to talk anything from Elite Dangerous to board games to Animal Crossing, hit me up.
I’ve already been welcomed so warmly by a whole lot of the community, and I can’t wait to get to know you all here too. If you’ve got any questions let me know! I’m easy enough to find here, over on Twitter and on discord (VindictiveCoins#1583).

Thanks for reading!

CMDR Tim
Welcome and have fun!

It would be handy if you could relay to the team that when they dream up these astronomical figures, like for the Fleet Carriers upkeep, they should not think of it in terms of credits but in terms of time. I mean our time, precious time. It's good to have a challenge, but it's a game and it should be fun and not feel like work. And neither should it be exclusively for those who don't have a job or a family to look after. Because if you have either of these, then what you are asking with Fleet Carriers is simply not possible. Nerds have girlfriends and wives too! (hey that would make a good bumper sticker!). Love ya...
The cynic in me fears you may have both missed the point and hit the nail on the head. ;)

Tim Smith

Lead Community Manager

The team are definitely looking at the feedback! Actually we just posted to say exactly this, you can find it here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/feedback-changes-announced-next-week.541345/

:)

"Welcome to the team, Tim - you're a great addition to the team which the community will soon discover! "
I dunno, beside 1 stream per week (best case) where the CM show they don't even know how to use a docking computer, i have absolutly no idea what they are doing for this game.

Hello Tim. Congratulations. emperor Nero has appointed you chief firefighter of Rome. Lol

Welcome to the community. Please remember to not take anything personally. Were just passionate about this game and this is probably the worst possible time to join. Even still congratulations. I wish you the best.

Hello Commanders!

My name is Tim, and from this week I’ll be joining the community team for Elite Dangerous here at Frontier!

In Elite Dangerous, I’ve recently been enjoying kitting out my hauler and essentially playing Catan with all the trading I’ve been doing. I can’t wait to kick it up a notch and get involved with everything there is to offer (I’ve got my eyes on the Fleet Carriers already!).

Otherwise, I’m a big gamer (that’s all of us though!) and love playing a variety both online and offline. If you want to talk anything from Elite Dangerous to board games to Animal Crossing, hit me up.
I’ve already been welcomed so warmly by a whole lot of the community, and I can’t wait to get to know you all here too. If you’ve got any questions let me know! I’m easy enough to find here, over on Twitter and on discord (VindictiveCoins#1583).

Thanks for reading!

CMDR Tim
Welcome aboard ! You picked a fine time to join the team :)

Welcome Tim,

Youll be fine here.

Now heres the first test - wheres the permit to Polaris!....wheres Raxxla and where did they hide the Dark Wheel station?

Hi @Tim Smith ! 👋
Welcome to the jungle, we've got fun and games...

So you've already seen all the general whingeing and discontent - this happens every time there's an update. And also when there isn't an update! So generally all the time - please try not to let it get you down 😃

If you want to know why we're so passionate about the game with such high expectations then please take some time to learn the history of the game. Read all the fiction and manuals from original Elite, Elite Plus, FE2, FFE and now ED. Surf the net the old way and find as many of the old fan sites from the 90s and 00s as you can. Listen to Lave Radio from the Kickstarter, Alpha and Beta days (before it went live and got less good). Even go back in time on the forums here to their earliest days. Heck, check out old threads on alt.fan.elite or the alioth.net bbs (?).

We had such dreams back then - atmospheric planetary landings, space legs, to name just two - that haven't materialised yet, after 7 years of ED. This might be why we're a little jaded.

Or we might all just be miserable miserly smegheads! 😆

See you in the black and Fly safe CMDR (if you can...)

Cheers,

CMDR Mad Billy 🙂

Hi.

You might not be aware, but the players disagree with a couple of details of the new FC implementation.

Just a heads up, you might have missed the 500 threads about it. 😉

Top Bottom