Is Anything Left To Improve In Horizons?

Another SRV design

Improve planetary frame rates.

Add NPC multicrew functions.

And what others have said.. underground caves, short time-based EVA (from ship and SRV), SRV mining, visible crew, power play, etc

On planet gameplay could do with kick.
I've always though NPC SRVs are the key to this.

Imagine small outposts near to planetary spaceports with SRV missions to and from and associated chance of SRV combat.

Add more SRVs / land vehicles into the mix and you could have an entire micro version of Elite similar to Smuggler's Run.

Atmospheric worlds are likely to need to same thing to happen.

More SRV types?

Biggest question is: Atmo or Legs?

Why not both? :D

If i had to choose something real and not complete revamp of engine. I say more multicrew content, better tweaked.
Progressive rewards, like more ranks more reputation more everything you get, better rewards you get. Everything counts!

Like ok you bought some nice ship because friend helped you with multicrew missions, but you're still nobody with harmless ranks, so you still can't earn much.

I dragged my balls through rough glass when I started playing ED during first day of launch. Man even getting hauler was extremely satisfying.

Last edited:
There are plenty of basic quality of life improvements that still need to be made in my view. For me, the main one is multiple condition filters on the galaxy map. Basically, every search function that we currently rely on 3rd party sites for should be in the game. I’m a little disappointed that there hasn’t been more work in this area. I don’t care about menu diving, I just don’t want to be pulling off my VR headset every five minutes or seeing 21st century web pages while playing.

oh, how could i miss that message.

the multiple condition filters -> actually the pre-beyond filters had been at least multiple choice within the same category.
but the ones added in beyond, aka the one for tech broker and co - those have been made obviously by someone completely new to the DEV team, not following the design of the existing filters -> you can choose only one at a time.

Multicrew is so broken and unfinished, that it may very well never get fixed. Its like not one.. but two elephants in the room.
Just like cqc and powerplay.

The Beyond series was great - especially chapters 1 and 4, because they really improved upon already existing core gameplay mechanics of Elite Dangerous in a fundamental way, exactly like Frontier Developments promised it. Combat wasn't part of the Beyond series of updates, but since that was tweaked and updated in every update before Beyond, I think that's in a pretty good shape, too.

What still is in dire need of improvement, IMHO, are the following points:

- First and foremost: NPCs! There are so many NPC related features I would love to see in the future - NPC wingmen for hire, NPC crewmen visible in their seats, some degree of NPC persistence being the first that come to mind
- Multicrew! I would love to see additional, preferably non-combat orientated roles for multicrew!
- New and additional SRV types. The Scarab is nice, but more variety on planet surfaces with some more specialized "Buggy" types would be awesome! (a hauler vehicle with more storage and less speed, for example)
- Dynamic Capital Ships and Megaships: I always thought those badass looking Capital Ships just being static waypoints or being warped in in specific CZ or scenarios at some predefined point was very lame and a waste of those cool assets. Instead, I always hoped of them being real ships flying through the galaxy. Specific Capital Ships should only be encountered in the systems they are really at that specific moment of time. We should be able to see them fly through supercruise and even make hyperjumps between systems. All superpowers should have designated fleets of Captial Ships that represent where they focus there power at every given time.
- Additional ship launched vessels about from just fighters. Like many others have already suggested: I would love to see "Ship Launched Miners" or perhaps even "Ship Launched Recon Vessels" for explorers that could separate from the mothership and are able to autonomously surface scan/map planets while the mothership is mapping another planet ("divide & conquer" for system mapping, so to speak)

Apart from that, I would love to see Frontier continue their efforts to better integrate the existing features of the game, as they did with "Deep Space Mining" in Chapter 4 (integrating Exploration and Mining, for example).
I would love to see Powerplay be better integrated as an intermediate layer between Minor Factions and Super Powers in the Background sim, with similar kinds of activities for supporting all three of these layers, for example.

You all realize that the last "Horizons" comes out in mere hours now, right? There is no Q5. Everyone is reading the title as "Is Anything Left To Improve In Horizons Elite Dangerous".

You all realize that the last "Horizons" comes out in mere hours now, right? There is no Q5. Everyone is reading the title as "Is Anything Left To Improve In Horizons Elite Dangerous".

Multicrew was horizons content - and "beyond" didn't touch it in a meaningful way, despite having several chances to do it alongside.

i mean, they had released "Wing" missions... from day one i had asked in every livestream and in those topics, how they will connect that with multicrew. the answer was silence and probably the worst way to do it for wings too.
if they had made the wing missions just a switch to share ANY mission with your wingmates.. then they would have worked with crew too... but now we got haul and mining missions where crew can't actually help with the actual goal in any way.
- > xyz% rank based share for any mission done in during crew time. problem would have been solved.

all the new mining tools... and yet, just slapping a mining lance on a taipan would have made old-school mining 100% multicrew compatible -> multicrew content would be added.

thargoid content - 50% disconnected from multicrew, as all those multicrew-only-turrets are pointless if you can't target the hearts of an interceptor (not even eyeballing due to auto-lock on target). Again, only SLF works, but at the price of not beeing able to wing up with anyone else for the bigger interceptors (and not to forget, no share of the few millions kill-credits) -> give option to remove auto-lock on target for gunner, fix xeno scanner -> most issues would be solved.

community goals... human crew does not participate, only AI crew gets a huge share...
how hard is it to make crew kills towards the goal too?

has anyone tested how crew in exploration will be rewarded after tomorrow? i mean actually tested, not only reading the patchnotes.

Deleted member 38366

D
*cough* Planetary Mining *cough*

Seems a total no-brainer to me. We have the Looting & Crafting on Planets, a few Bases and the scattered oddball Guardian/Thargoid or Volcanism Site... but that's it.

But once ores could be extracted to satisfy commercial Mining or Mining Missions, it'd give it one major reason to explore, prospect and investigate/exploit Planets.

Multicrew was horizons content - and "beyond" didn't touch it in a meaningful way, despite having several chances to do it alongside.

i mean, they had released "Wing" missions... from day one i had asked in every livestream and in those topics, how they will connect that with multicrew. the answer was silence and probably the worst way to do it for wings too.
if they had made the wing missions just a switch to share ANY mission with your wingmates.. then they would have worked with crew too... but now we got haul and mining missions where crew can't actually help with the actual goal in any way.
- > xyz% rank based share for any mission done in during crew time. problem would have been solved.

all the new mining tools... and yet, just slapping a mining lance on a taipan would have made old-school mining 100% multicrew compatible -> multicrew content would be added.

thargoid content - 50% disconnected from multicrew, as all those multicrew-only-turrets are pointless if you can't target the hearts of an interceptor (not even eyeballing due to auto-lock on target). Again, only SLF works, but at the price of not beeing able to wing up with anyone else for the bigger interceptors (and not to forget, no share of the few millions kill-credits) -> give option to remove auto-lock on target for gunner, fix xeno scanner -> most issues would be solved.

community goals... human crew does not participate, only AI crew gets a huge share...
how hard is it to make crew kills towards the goal too?

has anyone tested how crew in exploration will be rewarded after tomorrow? i mean actually tested, not only reading the patchnotes.
I feel the need to repeat this statement, so: QFT!
+Rep

Being able to send ships ahead from your current port to a destination port.
If that seems OP, limit to any or all of the following:

● port must have a shipyard
● port was previously visited by the commander
● port with whom controlling faction reputation is neutral or above
● ports within the same power if PP.
● ports not in lockdown
● ports which are 100% fully functional (i.e. not under thargoid incursion or under UA bombing (although, I heard UA bombing is being removed).

Also choose the speed at which a ship can be dispatched:

Economy: Takes twice as long but costs a quarter.
Regular: Same as now.
Expedited: takes 1/4 the time but costs double.

Not having to manually back up key setting each and every time a patch is released. Don't have to do this in any other game I've played.

Not sure about improve but there is definitely nothing left to map in the bubble

I've never found a direction yet where I couldn't get an untagged, even by being "found by", within 1000 ly of travel. Remember, most people run quickest route. Go slow.

If you don't like that, why must it be inside the bubble?

sollisb

Banned
I've never found a direction yet where I couldn't get an untagged, even by being "found by", within 1000 ly of travel. Remember, most people run quickest route. Go slow.

If you don't like that, why must it be inside the bubble?

SOL First Mapped by sollisb
SOL First Discovered by sollisb

C8-B-A7-01 First tagged by Sterling MH
C8-B-A7-01 First Discovered by Sterling MH

Understand now ?

Top Bottom