Is Anything Left To Improve In Horizons?

I believe FD has tweaked lots of things since Horizons first dropped. They've spent this last year improving things in this version of it (which is a good thing, I believe).

They've done improvements in QOL items and graphics. What's left to improve in it? Or do you think it's time for them to move on to something more juicy? DLC's involving atmosphere? DLC's with legs? DLC's with story plots that you can choose to play or ignore?

I think the playing field has been created, the lawn has been trimmed, and grid lines nicely set and improved. I believe it's time for something juicy. Toss in a ball and let's play something.

What do you think?

I would like a “revisit” to how blackholes are presented, personally I would like them to be chaotic and dangerous...

SRVs - if they could be integrated into Multicrew that would be fab.

SRVs - outfitting like ships (build our own Scarab hot rods) plus different types.

Bounty Hunting - Hunting missions that use wake scanner and KWS to track down NPC’s across multiple systems, maybe players can select another players bounty and hunt them, forcing them both into open so you can’t hide??

NPCs on planets, driving SRVs or other things, roads/tracks between settlements, settlements that do not have spaceports that you can access with ground based transport. Ground based missions.

SAT NAV on planets?

These are the things I would like to see getting a revisit or augmentation....

Multicrew

if anything, that NEEDS to be taken care of.
it was a core feature of horizons, and its the only thing they haven't improved in beyond.

actually, they have treated those who want to use multicrew like EA currently does its customers...

c00ky ninjad me, kind of.... well they typed more or less what I was thinking but about half an hour before I logged into the forums, so they must be a time traveller and get rep for being such.

And yes, I'm being silly, but c00ky really nailed it, except for one thing they forgot to mention, alien interactions - surely with two alien species, one organic and insectoid in nature and t'other being a digital super intelligence, there is more narrative and player interactions available to be added into the game. Hows about:

• Hyperdictions with thargoids sending messages to us
  • Thargoid cities / hive ships (not the ruined "Thargoid Structures")
  • Guardian AI constructs as NPC's
  • Guardian AI messing with puny primitive human computers and really mucking with bubble affairs
  • Guardian AI super-terminal becoming a new engineer
  • Giving players the opportunity to side with either alien species (kill X aegis ships in thargoid CZ, deliver this guardian ai virus ridden data packet to strategic naval starport etc etc...
If I had even half a hope that some of the creativity I could lavish this post with would be utilised I'd type volumes of it but I'm far too jaded for that now.

OH - I almost forgot, in another thread in suggestions there was a discussion about airdropping the SRV, and SRV + Multicrew, both those things need to be added.

It remains to be seen how mission variety and availability works in 3.3 but I'm disappointed that there will be no way to prevent wing missions from appearing. That would be an improvement.

And please restore wanted status to skimmers. I used to enjoy doing those missions.

Multicrew

if anything, that NEEDS to be taken care of.
it was a core feature of horizons, and its the only thing they haven't improved in beyond.

actually, they have treated those who want to use multicrew like EA currently does its customers...

Totally disagree with you!

Multicrew was a great tool from the very start. The problem was there just wasn't much to do via this kind of gameplay except combat.

After Tuesday Multicrew as it is will become 300% more meaningfull, as you'll be able to share with your friends exploration and mining mechanics via multicrew now.

For me, Multicrew will become complete now! :D

"Juicy" is coming. 300 Devs programming this game for six years figuring out balance, graphics and a dozen other issues which every other update always had bugs. Now they are about to release the biggest update that the ED game ever had only weeks after closing the Beta. That tells me that maybe the Devs are confident in the stability of the game. I also expect bugs but if they are minor then "Juicy" adding to the game is going to be pretty amazing. Did the Devs get it right? We'll see on Wednesday...

Last edited:
The ability to see what's on your other ships stored at the same station and move modules between those ships without having to change to a different ship each time you want to refit something.

Please....

I'd love to see an art pass for the older ships. The new ones look amazing, but even though the older ones have gotten better textures, they still have the same simple design from four years ago. I'm not saying completely change them, but they could make the inside of the cockpit more interesting, or add more gribbles to the outside of the ships.

NPC crew still needs some work. People complain about Multicrew being underdeveloped, yet NPC crew are even more limited in their capabilities.

Rebalancing the ships and weapons so we get a level playing field both in PvP and PvE, making combat more skill based and less grind/gear based.

There are plenty of basic quality of life improvements that still need to be made in my view. For me, the main one is multiple condition filters on the galaxy map. Basically, every search function that we currently rely on 3rd party sites for should be in the game. I’m a little disappointed that there hasn’t been more work in this area. I don’t care about menu diving, I just don’t want to be pulling off my VR headset every five minutes or seeing 21st century web pages while playing.

Nothing left to improve? Really?

As a technical achievement it's pretty good but... As a game I'm struggling to see anything which will bring me back to it in the new release. Exploration kinda but suspect that will wane once the realisation that there really isn't much to find out there other some some worthless credits.

If I'm honest it feels more like farm town with a learning curve, but which then gets easier - even too easy with ship progression.

If you can't see anything to improve, and if I wasn't a fan of the game I wouldn't be posting about it, then you really aren't looking very hard.

Nothing left to improve? Really?

As a technical achievement it's pretty good but... As a game I'm struggling to see anything which will bring me back to it in the new release. Exploration kinda but suspect that will wane once the realisation that there really isn't much to find out there other some some worthless credits.

If I'm honest it feels more like farm town with a learning curve, but which then gets easier - even too easy with ship progression.

If you can't see anything to improve, and if I wasn't a fan of the game I wouldn't be posting about it, then you really aren't looking very hard.

You've not actually mentioned what you want improved though.

For me some more QoL stuff as mentioned on here would be great.

Asteroid Belts.

Not planetary rings, but Asteroid Belts.

For all the Mining improvements, these were glossed over. Why? No idea. But these so need to be refined and improved upon, to make them viable.

Top Bottom