Is doing exobiology fun for a bit, and do you have to be the first foot fall/planet discoverer to make decent credits?

Eventually you will find a jackpot system and spend several days there, but it's worth it, my highest value system, and yes it was a single system;

kXnxV3D.jpg
Mine was worth 293.6 million, I imagine a system worth over a billion does take a while lol. I hope I find one with like 5 planets with Stratum on them.

I discovered so many icy planets tonight/this morning that I am almost done with exploring lol. Seriously though, I am heading slowly back home.

How in the Hades Sector do folks stay out for weeks and months?

I've been out maybe a week and I am going crazy.

But, at least I know how to get out and make some great credits.

Even doing the stratum tectonicas in the bubble that have been scanned before at 19 million a pop makes money very quickly with the occasional first foot fall.

I just want to be closer in to do different things randomly or I get bored.

Nearly two years outside the Bubble, currently in the Errant Marches, swinging over towards Jacques Station. Never been to Colonia. Thought I'd see the famed robot bartender before heading out towards Beagle Point
If it weren't for the DSSA network every few months, I'd get space madness.
Happy exploring.
O7
V

Practice and targets.

I alternate between exploration and mining, I am also working with a small group to visit a number of specific systems that have not been properly scanned or explored.

I also come back to civilisation occasionally, to empty my carrier of mined goods and to pick up any new or required equipment.

On my last trip out (a few months) I have discovered the "joy" of exploring specific boxels, and trying to visit all the systems in one of them.

At the end, it's fun to see how the travel map shows the cube I've been sticking to!

I got about 12billion credits from doing exobiology in tha box (I normally skip "low value" planets).

1714818166918.png

I would have suggested maybe investing in a second account but the silly ARX-price increases might deter one from running an "alt commander". I have two commanders out in the black for months now (one in Formidine Rift, the other near Beagle Point) and I have one long-term commander that is languishing in the bubble.

However, in case you are tempted, Steam has available "Elite Dangerous: Deluxe Edition" at £21.99 which includes Horizons and Odyssey.

My gf gifted me that last week (she didn't know I have alts already) and I have actually been having fun starting afresh but got annoyed at the increased ARX-cost of repaints etc - so flying in stock DbX at the moment.

EDIT - Making this post reminded me that I had made an earlier post sayiong I had done a clear save when it was actually this new account. Confusion because it did take a good few clear-saves of that account to get the pilot name correct in-game - in the end I had to get support to correct the characters in the game for me. (It was capitalising every letter instead of accepting the title-case that I was entering - weird.)

Last edited:
I discovered so many icy planets tonight/this morning that I am almost done with exploring lol. Seriously though, I am heading slowly back home.

Even doing the stratum tectonicas in the bubble that have been scanned before at 19 million a pop makes money very quickly with the occasional first foot fall.

It's a case of doing what you enjoy or find interesting. Some have been out for the best part of a decade. I find myself wanting to get back to the Bubble after around 2 weeks.
For this reason I find having an exploration alt useful so I can see the more distant places whilst my Main remains around the Bubble.

Some can’t.
I didn’t use to be able too, the furthest out I got in my first six years play was to unlock Prof Palin. Back then I was seriously addicted to doing CGs doing pretty much all the ones in the bubble and playing both sides of competitive ones. I managed to get over that and with a carrier I can stay out for months.

And the problem is?

On my last trip out (a few months) I have discovered the "joy" of exploring specific boxels, and trying to visit all the systems in one of them.
All of my exploration trips used to be max jump, see how far I could travel before turning back and heading to civilization, and while I did enjoy those trips it wasn't until I stopped caring about distance traveled that I really found my exploration zen. Ditching any notion of 10's of thousands of light years traveled in exchange for traveling to a largely unexplored area, switching route plotting to economical, setting system map filter to never visited, and making all the stars on the system map disappear in an outward growing circle somehow completely changed my mind frame and brought me to a different level of enjoyment.

Deep Space exploration and exobiology is not a fast paced gaming activity requiring focused attention like some of the other activities in the game. I find it relaxing after a day at work. Its good for winding down my brain at the end of the day. I often watch news, comedy, or late night shows on a second monitor or television while puttering around doing exploration.

I was watching a video about it and the guy was maki9ng huge credits, but I was wondering if it makes decent credits just scanning stuff without being the person who discovered the planet and was the first to walk on it?

What range of credits can a casual player expect to make if playing at a relaxed pace and just learning the routine per hour VS a player who is fast and grinding hard, loclally VS out in the black disovering new planets and scanning the exobiology. Thank you.

I am not about grinding for max credits, but I do need to make some bank to keep my fleet carrier going.

AAMOF, I do nmot grind anymore at all. I may play for 2-3 hours max, my grinding days are long past.
Just stay in un-known and scan everything.
Right now I follow my carrier (1 carrier jump = 7 ship's jumps) and scan everything. Same couple hours per day. I can do 1-2 carrier jumps per week. 1-2 weeks per month give me over 700 mils. Others are less like 200-300.

Nearly two years outside the Bubble, currently in the Errant Marches, swinging over towards Jacques Station. Never been to Colonia. Thought I'd see the famed robot bartender before heading out towards Beagle Point
If it weren't for the DSSA network every few months, I'd get space madness.
Happy exploring.
O7
V
Was in Vulcan Gate now Errant Marches since 10/22...haven't missed the bubble at all. About half way to exo elite 2 so will be here for awhile . Still have around 17K of trit left onboard my carrier.

Deep Space exploration and exobiology is not a fast paced gaming activity requiring focused attention like some of the other activities in the game. I find it relaxing after a day at work. Its good for winding down my brain at the end of the day. I often watch news, comedy, or late night shows on a second monitor or television while puttering around doing exploration.
Well it used to be before the SCO drive showed up. Suddenly; SAMPLE ALL THE THINGS!!!
14p2is.jpg

Last edited:
Was in Vulcan Gate now Errant Marches since 10/22...haven't missed the bubble at all. About half way to exo elite 2 so will be here for awhile . Still have around 17K of trit left onboard my carrier.
If your user name is what I thiunk it is thank you, and so am I.

I bought 2 thousand units of Tritium before I left and know it would get me farther along, but slowly heading back and scanning along the way just so I can see how it does after a shorter trip.

I went from having 6 billion on my carrier to just under 11 billion in about a week.

I want to invest in some beef, chicken, and vegetable stock because I hope to someday become a boullionaire also lol.

I guess I have spent a lot of time in lately, last night I discovered like 6 systems in a row so when I landed in the 7th, I started scanning everything with the FSS (All 29 bodies worth) only to discover it was already discovered lol, I was sleepy and on autopilot, I guess.

Earlier today I walked outside and looking down at the dirt I saw some lighter colored clumps and told my wife I hope it is stratum and not that bacterium.

Suddenly; SAMPLE ALL THE THINGS!!!
Yes, indeed. Loved the meme. That's me, when I first read about it and saw a few videos. I need one of these! Especially for those times when there's an HMC with 2 biological signs orbiting a secondary star... Its tough spending 5 minutes staring at the screen in supercruise.Since my exploration vessel has two AMFUs, repairing the damage should not be a problem... Does the new SCO damage the power plant too?
O7
V

Top Bottom