Is Euro Truck better than ED.

I know ED has been referred to as "Euro Truck in space" lots of times in the past.
but i was actually very surprised to see it way above ED in the steam stats.
Could this be that most people play the game through the launcher, and not through steam, even though keys were given out, or is ET just more popular than ED. thoughts please.

CURRENT PLAYERS PEAK TODAY GAME
<snip> (other games higher up)
11,377 11,427 Euro Truck Simulator 2
11,190 11,833 The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
10,739 10,971 Total War: ROME II - Emperor Edition
10,478 10,941 Europa Universalis IV
10,193 10,465 Dirty Bomb
10,112 11,665 Left 4 Dead 2
9,872 10,238 Borderlands 2
9,236 9,236 Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead
8,715 9,223 Football Manager 2014
8,548 10,504 TERA
8,347 8,867 Mount & Blade: Warband
8,209 8,683 FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn
7,828 8,214 Crusader Kings II
7,824 7,824 7 Days to Die
7,577 7,636 Heroes & Generals
7,563 8,017 Elite: Dangerous

source: http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Last edited:
Haha, actually, as an Euro Truck2 player, I can say that some aspects are more fun there, true :) . But Euro Truck also came out a long time ago, and a lot of people managed to purchase it cheaply, so there's that as well.

That doesn't mean that the game is better or worse...

Euro truck is also above the Witcher 3, which is an absolute masterpiece, so...

Probably released a new version or content update, and trucker players are trying it out.

Euro truck is known for having a large fanbase though.

That doesn't mean that the game is better or worse...

Euro truck is also above the Witcher 3, which is an absolute masterpiece, so...

Probably released a new version or content update, and trucker players are trying it out.

Euro truck is known for having a large fanbase though.

Actually , that's a normal number for Euro Truck Simulator :D . Its a relaxing game, and quite addictive. I think I'm gonna go play it a little now :p

Last edited:
Well looking at the top 100, I must say that Elite is very well placed, for a space sim which is a niche genre...

So much for all the theories of doom for the game, and all the "all players are leaving" theories...

And let's not forget that many players purchased Elite long before its release on Steam, so the real number is probably quite higher.

Well looking at the top 100, I must say that Elite is very well placed, for a space sim which is a niche genre...

So much for all the theories of doom for the game, and all the "all players are leaving" theories...

And let's not forget that many players purchased Elite long before its release on Steam, so the real number is probably quite higher.

Yea, true, its a healthy number of players. Imagine how it would be with some PP improvements and tweaks, more diverse and fun missions, better exploration mechanics, planet landings ... :)

yes, then you just did.

I never realised Euro truck was so popular, yes some complain ED is boring, but surely ET must win that title.

Actually, when it comes to trucking - space trucking/trading, Euro Truck is more fun. The missions progress with your skill, you always have new sights to see, and once you hire new drivers, its great to see extra profit coming in. And its generally a nice, fun and relaxing experience to drive one of those trucks, and be careful to respect the rules. Weird, but true.

Last edited:
Yea, true, its a healthy number of players. Imagine how it would be with some PP improvements and tweaks, more diverse and fun missions, better exploration mechanics, planet landings ... :)

I will say that I play through the launcher, and not Steam. In fact, I didn't realize it was available through Steam until this thread.

Deleted member 94277

D
First of all, that list is not that accurate: Witcher 3 was launched in a variety of plataforms, including in GoG without DRM (that's were I've bought my copy). FFXIV also can be played without Steam. EU4 is my favorite game of all time (800 hours and counting) and I often play off Steam for one reason or another.

Now, regarding ED number of players on Steam, well, the reason is very simple: in some places, ED is the most expensive game on that list. In Brazil, for example, ED is twice as expensive as a regular game.

Top Bottom