Is next patch going fix profmance issue with using TMT make items

How many times are we going to go over this? When this game was designed DX12 was not a thing and wasn't just until recently Windows 10 became the majority OS.

Most of the hybrid games where you get both 11 and 12 the 12 version runs worse than the 11 one. The game has to be designed for that platform from the beginning to see true results. Now we are talking a whole new game instead.

If they refused to go with DX12 for obvious reason (I do say that I get it why they did it), then they should keep that in mind and design the game to be playable on DX11. That means not being so ambitious regarding things such as AI (which in the end is not that good and worth the impact on the performance), maybe handle PbB a bit differently too and other aspects... I can imagine Planet Coaster being "worse" in many ways, yet, it would be great game and maybe even playable.

This way, I know Frontier´s game are noth worth buying day 1 and I will consider buying them when they are 5 EURO years after the release... Why should I spent so much money on something I cannot play properly, right?

My last hope at this point is promised QoL update... Years after the release...

This way, I know Frontier´s game are noth worth buying day 1 and I will consider buying them when they are 5 EURO years after the release... Why should I spent so much money on something I cannot play properly, right?

You are perfectly free to make that choice. In fact, everyone should always evaluate anything they buy. How deep evaluation depends on many factors and varies from person to person. That also includes managing your own expectations that also will differ from person to person

History so far has shown that Frontier does deliver and have a big player base that are very happy with the product and the company and how they operate. Frontier has not changed how they do things with Planet Coaster. They have the same strategy as before. You can either like it dislike it but you can't blame them for pulling a fast one on you.

things such as AI [...] is not that good and worth the impact on the performance
this is a pretty big deal imo especially considering how many people limit or even disable the amount of guests in their parks, back when rct3 released its expansions (soaked/wild) it didnt run smooth for many people but within a few years CPUs surpassed the limitations of the engine at the time, yet with PlanCo theres tons of restrictions that are preventing us from getting real expansions despite the higher price for DLCs, and were reaching the 3rd anniversary of the alphas release so hopefully something big is planned for the next year

Well the patch is out, i'm very curious in hearing the numbers of the improvements, so if you have a before and after update framerate, feel free to share them here.

this is a pretty big deal imo especially considering how many people limit or even disable the amount of guests in their parks, back when rct3 released its expansions (soaked/wild) it didnt run smooth for many people but within a few years CPUs surpassed the limitations of the engine at the time, yet with PlanCo theres tons of restrictions that are preventing us from getting real expansions despite the higher price for DLCs, and were reaching the 3rd anniversary of the alphas release so hopefully something big is planned for the next year

Yea, I remember RCT3 being the same as PC. However, here I´m a bit more sceptical, because it depends how is the future of CPUs. I think PC could use rly strong single-core CPU (and I mean really strong) and that is my point, as I cannot imagine there will be CPU that will suit Planet Coaster even in quite distant future. At the time of the release, it was recommended to have CPU with 1,2 Ghz. Look at what we have today. We got to around 4GHZ today (that´s almost 4 times more than was usual at the time of RCT3 release). So that was enough for RCT3 for sure.

And If im not correct, PC cannot really utilize multi-core CPU properly, so here once again, we have to rely on speed of single core CPU. Currently recommended 3,4 GHZ CPU cannot handle the game very well and I believe to get the game as playable as RCT3 is today, we need to get CPU that will have like 7-9 GHz. I can see clock frequency will grow in the future, but very slowly, because obviously it´s probably going to be focused on getting more cores etc.... Actually, I haven´t seen much of a growth regarding clock frequency past years anyway...

Top Bottom