Is there a counter to the missiles that Thargoid Scouts fire?

• Thread starter Deleted member 110222
  • Start date

Deleted member 110222

D
I didn't have my usual utilities today whilst fighting them for the first time.

Does chaff or ECM work? Point defence perhaps? Any counter to prevent caustic damage would be great.

I didn't have my usual utilities today whilst fighting them for the first time.

Does chaff or ECM work? Point defence perhaps? Any counter to prevent caustic damage would be great.
Negative on both counts. The only defence is running away. They only do about 350m/s; I imagine your Cobra III should be able to show them a clean pair of heels.

The best counter if you get stung is to overheat your ship. About 200% I think will neutralise it. Then gobble a heatsink.

Deleted member 110222

D
Negative on both counts. The only defence is running away. They only do about 350m/s; I imagine your Cobra III should be able to show them a clean pair of heels.

The best counter if you get stung is to overheat your ship. About 200% I think will neutralise it. Then gobble a heatsink.

Okay, cool. Best learn to boost more, and equip heat sinks.

Indeed. Most people don’t bother with decontamination limpets, especially for Interceptors where the use of caustic missiles is much more predictable. On a Cobra III you’re giving up one third of your optional internals to the limpet controller and cargo space for limpets.

equip the new caustic resist hrp for a bit resist,
and clean your ship via overheating.

and well, you can always reverski and shoot at the highest threat - aka any missile in range - with a laser

Deleted member 110222

D
Indeed. Most people don’t bother with decontamination limpets, especially for Interceptors where the use of caustic missiles is much more predictable. On a Cobra III you’re giving up one third of your optional internals to the limpet controller and cargo space for limpets.

Aye. Lots of options to look at for me. I'm really enjoying this stuff. I've never looked at my ship in so much detail.

No overheat anymore. FD changed overheat damage. One overheat to 200% - you are f-ed. Completely. They literally forcing us to use these damn limpets.

Deleted member 110222

D
No overheat anymore. FD changed overheat damage. One overheat to 200% - you are f-ed. Completely. They literally forcing us to use these damn limpets.

Really? Damn.

At least I know what speed I need to evade.

Does anti-swarm weaponry work, maybe a remote flak launcher?

Go full reverse and flak?
Apparently you can kill them with multiple flak hits but it’s not worth it. If you’ve managed to get the thing on your six then it’s not going to catch you. Unless you’ve fallen for the expensive practical joke that is the Type-10 Defender.

When did you hear/try that?

I did the overheat trick after 3.02 last week whilst fighting scouts, worked fine.

It worked at lower than 200% too.

Deleted member 110222

D
When did you hear/try that?

I did the overheat trick after 3.02 last week whilst fighting scouts, worked fine.

It worked at lower than 200% too.

I'll inevitably get caustic at some point. Actually I'll fly through the explosion deliberately.

Then I'll test it.

If you are in a small sufficiently maneuverable ship, you can target then and shoot them down with your main weapons.

Failing that as above over heat, or use a decontamination limpet.

Deleted member 110222

D

My apologies for not quite understanding earlier. I did not read your reply as we as I should have.

FWIW, I tested the decontamination limpets during beta. They were very effective, and also repaired the hull. If you can afford the space, they can be convenient.

FWIW, I tested the decontamination limpets during beta. They were very effective, and also repaired the hull. If you can afford the space, they can be convenient.

I love mineand use it often. Not having to run to a station or cook your internals is very nice, plus the 4% or so hull repair vs scouts in large ships means no need for a repair bill at the end.

I quite dislike those missiles. Can't help but wonder why none of the egg-heads haven't come up with a Point Defense upgrade for dealing with them.

I quite dislike those missiles. Can't help but wonder why none of the egg-heads haven't come up with a Point Defense upgrade for dealing with them.

Professor Alba Tesreau was contacting Ram Tah so there might be a collaboration, Ram Tah's Guardian tech and Aegis

Top Bottom