Is there Hotkey to disable UI panels?

Looking to my left to see the locations, contracts, contacts, and targets are great, same when looking at my right to see my modules, materials, etc. But when landing, looking for targets or just admiring the view of the galaxy it becomes annoying because I want to see through the window, not the panel and a slight movment of my head switches the panels on/off/on/off. Is there a hotkey to temporally disble the feature? I can't find it and I'm not sure if it exists.

The option you seek is through the main menu,control settings. But it’s not a hotkey, it’s to disable.

Flimley

Last edited:
If you are inVR, sound like it, change looking at panel in options to 'does nothing'but ensure you have a joystick/key setting so you can get them as required.

Yes, neat as the gaze-activation is, I, for my part, ended up binding the UI panels to qualifier+joystick hat directions instead.

As for the hotkey to kill the displying of the entire holofac (EDIT: Beware: Even though the projector is switched off, the interface is still active and will take your input :7): It is Ctrl+LAlt+G.

Last edited:
You can temporarily disable the feature by binding the UI FOCUS keybind but you need to hold it down all the while you are looking to the side etc.

Yes, neat as the gaze-activation is, I, for my part, ended up binding the UI panels to qualifier+joystick hat directions
instead.

This is the better option.

If you are inVR, sound like it, change looking at panel in options to 'does nothing'but ensure you have a joystick/key setting so you can get them as required.

Dang, I was afraid to get that answer, assigning even more hotkeys using VR where I can't see my keyboard is exactly what I would want to avoid, I already have all my joystick keys doing important stuff...

Well, sometimes I must bite the bullet.

Dang, I was afraid to get that answer, assigning even more hotkeys using VR where I can't see my keyboard is exactly what I would want to avoid, I already have all my joystick keys doing important stuff...

I use Voice Attack to open and close the specific panel I want (and other things) I only bound commands that require faster action like transferring power and such to my hotas . VA is really great and cheap.

For me (and many others) it's essential. Like dogbite said, every action that isn't time critical (don't get me wrong, she's no slouch at all), is handled via Voice Attack and (for me) Astra.

'open left panel' and it's immediately opened then close it with a throttle button (same button close's ALL panels, comms etc etc).....or you could just say 'close panel'.

I also have no problems in letting her control power transfer to my pips....i.e. I just say 'power to shields and weapons' and it's done instantly.

A word of warning....it can be a little complicated in setting up (depends on your computer savvy)....but just ask here and you'll no doubt receive any help or advice you require!

(and it's not expensive)

CTRL + ALT + G disables the GUI.

Yup but this only hides it.
As far as the game is concerned the panels are still active so if you have hats or buttons bound to menu navigation when a panel is open these will not work for regular flight.
If the main trigger is select for instance it will select, and now it selects an option you can't see instead of firing guns.

Setting panels to do nothing on look and binding buttons to open each panel direvtly is the best solution if possible.

I ended up upgrading to the Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Hotas so that I could set the panels to toggle on and off. The middle hat on the throttle is very handy for it and you can just set all 4 panels to left, right, up and down.

Yup, the way I have it is gaze activation is disabled and use JS buttons to activate panels. I also turned off the effect when panels open. It's kind of cool, but takes a bit too long and just gets a little annoying after awhile, so they just pop up instantly now.

Being able to turn off the gui display is nice, but I would love the ability to just be able to turn off all the overlay stuff out the window. You can disable orbit lines, but I'd like the ability to hide the reticles that indicate planets, USS, etc. Just keep the outside view clean on a toggle. Would be nice for immersion I think.

Heh, just found out that two years ago I bought a thing called "VoiceBot" I guess it will be good enough. Now I only need time to test, but time is the rarest of all commodities nowadays...

Top Bottom