It was the night before patch-day, and all was well

Logged in ED forum first time this year and see an ambulance, its good cause now i mabe try it out later. Any news about the thing where a commander in your wing gets invincible if you land on a planet?

I'm going to let out my inner baby and say, i just wanted something new to play. I love ED and it's a great game as is, but i'm not even being given the option to pay for something new. I can try throwing money at my monitor but nothing is happening. When carriers were announced for December that three months felt like a long wait, it's January and the 'excitement' today is a list of bug-fixes. This development cycle is excruciating, i still blame that f***ing open letter, the bugs weren't even that bad but now Frontier are too scared to take a chance on bringing us new stuff, and this is what we get. Meh.

I'm going to let out my inner baby and say, i just wanted something new to play. I love ED and it's a great game as is, but i'm not even being given even the option to pay for something new. I can try throwing money at my monitor but nothing is happening. When carriers were announced for December that three months felt like a long wait, it's January and the 'excitement' today is a list of bug-fixes. This development cycle is excruciating, i still blame that f***ing open letter, the bugs weren't even that bad but now Frontier are too scared to take a chance on bringing us new stuff, and this is what we get. Meh.

That's a true baby ...
...they do all proper as they build a thing for years not for 1 month money sink. Such a huge game has a potential to infinite grow, but it needs solid base. Initially they were doing "prototype" which is fast and buggy software which can not work for long. Now they need time to cleanse technical dept there as it stays for long.

It only took 10 mins on my practically dial up internet.
+9 hours (?) server down time + 2 weeks hot fixing.

Edit:
I'm going to let out my inner baby and say, i just wanted something new to play. I love ED and it's a great game as is, but i'm not even being given the option to pay for something new. I can try throwing money at my monitor but nothing is happening. When carriers were announced for December that three months felt like a long wait, it's January and the 'excitement' today is a list of bug-fixes. This development cycle is excruciating, i still blame that f***ing open letter, the bugs weren't even that bad but now Frontier are too scared to take a chance on bringing us new stuff, and this is what we get. Meh.
I am with you, but do you really think the open letter had no basis and do you really think, from all of the other open letters before, this one made FDev change their entire roadmap in that short time frame?
In the end it is their decision, it always has been. They made this decision, due to business reasons, which they have to justify to their investors. Therefore it is naive to think the open letter is the root cause. Also keep in mind, it was and is not the community that creates broken code.

Last edited:
Don't forget the MAJOR bugs as well. You know, those game-breaking "I guess I'll play Space Engineers" bugs, like the latest "I'm going to rip out your eyes and make you eat them" bug in this latest update.

Never had anything worse than the odd disconnect since 2014 myself, which is more down to my rural connection than anything else. Easily one of the most consistently stable games I've ever played.

Never had anything worse than the odd disconnect since 2014 myself, which is more down to my rural connection than anything else. Easily one of the most consistently stable games I've ever played.
Keep on puffin'

get-high.jpg

Not sure about that "most likely" stuff, but "geological 50" now show ups immediately. Cannot see any delay. That's cool.

Top Bottom