"It's less conspicuous"

He does give some detail though: "the larger and more exotic your ship, the more likely authorities are to scan it, and sooner rather than later ... it's quite a strong effect. If you come in in a small ship, or a reasonably cheap ship, or a common ship, you are much less likely to be picked out first, than if you come in swanning out in a Beluga or Fer-de-Lance or something like that".

Wait, aren't Belugas the most common ship at star ports. ;)

Waiting for protests against security forces for shooting unarmed ships in the "back". Despite fleeing a crime scene and being told repeatidly to "stop" and "submit to scanning". Some person will get on galnet who didn't known them saying "they were like a brother" shortly followed by vandalism and looting on the station.

Thanks, officer. I’ve owned my Fer De Lance for several years now. Amazing ship.

Hmm?

No, I’ve nothing to do with those half dozen ships reported missing. Real shame though. Listen, I’ve really got to be going...

The FDL also has a special ability in that it's got a hull defense boost against small weapons.

Thanks, officer. I’ve owned my Fer De Lance for several years now. Amazing ship.

Hmm?

No, I’ve nothing to do with those half dozen ships reported missing. Real shame though. Listen, I’ve really got to be going...

The FdL... The red sports car of Elite: Dangerous.

Take interesting gameplay
Overwhelm with dull fixed multiplier
Hide in a black box
Cover in a impeneterable layer of rng

Bgs players have been there for years

Hello Commanders!

Ships do have a conspicuous rating that authorities use to determine how quickly a ship should be investigated and scanned.

Does context play a role? For example a fed ship entering an imperial station should be top priority for investigation and scanning.

Hello Commanders!

Ships do have a conspicuous rating that authorities use to determine how quickly a ship should be investigated and scanned.

Chances of getting that put on the statistics screen of ships? Could be an important stat to know for smugglers and pirates... I don't personally know anyone that's a fan of hidden stats, drove me up the wall in BDO.

Last edited:
Chances of getting that put on the statistics screen of ships? Could be an important stat to know for smugglers and pirates... I don't personally know anyone that's a fan of hidden stats, drove me up the wall in BDO.

Please no. It would make zero sense from an in-universe perspective.

Jesus Christ...

heavy-sigh-gif-3.gif

Obfuscating the information doesn't make sense either. It's a stat that you really can't determine otherwise, really no different than having the game tell you the agility rating. You saying we shouldn't know that either? That we should have to go fly it to find out and just give it our own number for comparison? "Gee out of 100 times being near Authority for X amount of time in this ship I was scanned 300 times, but in that other ship I was only scanned 276."

Last edited:

Yeah, going to the spaceship dealership and seeing a "Police suspicion level multiplier" number printed just below the "Light years per gallon" on the window sticker just doesn't make any sense.

But it really makes just as little sense for a ship to have that as a hidden stat to begin with. In real life are Cadillacs less likely to be used during a bank robbery than Chevrolets?
[???]

Suspicion level should be based off how you fly, and maybe even your history of charged infractions.

Last edited:
Hello Commanders!

So what ship is the Elite Universe version of a Fast Hatch or Ford Transit van?

What ship will ge me the highest attention from the space fuzz?

Yeah, going to the spaceship dealership and seeing a "Police suspicion level multiplier" number printed just below the "Light years per gallon" on the window sticker just doesn't make any sense.

Not that it really makes any sense for a ship to have that as a hidden stat to begin with. In real life are Cadillacs less likely to be used during a bank robbery than Chevrolets?
[???]

Well that's part of the point. If it's going to be a stat, it shouldn't be hidden. Even if we need to go to a pirate station to have it 'appraised' for how conspicuous it is, even if it only 'lightly' tells you (They'll see you as soon as you leave the station, Very Conspicuous, Conspicuous, Almost Inconspicuous, Did you actually buy a ship?)

Top Bottom