PvP I've been corrupted *sigh*

With all the recent shenanigans about lawfuls and gankers and good and bad and white knights and black hats
I figured I'd take my chance at trying to bring one of Carcosa's premier gankers to justice...

🥳

By the way, we nearly (or propably completely) finished G5 upgrading Marsha Hicks with frag cannons.
Somehow the video is fitting :cool:

Thread's back 🥳

I jumped my carrier to the bubble last week, and decided to give the CG a go...
First I made two runs with my Mats gatherer Orca, then I was out looking for some pee vee pee.
Met a nice fellow who took his first steps in PvP, bonus points for using a FAS!

Thread's back 🥳

I jumped my carrier to the bubble last week, and decided to give the CG a go...
First I made two runs with my Mats gatherer Orca, then I was out looking for some pee vee pee.
Met a nice fellow who took his first steps in PvP, bonus points for using a FAS!

Perhaps the translator did not translate the phrase correctly.
A beginner can't play FAS in PVP, a beginner can play PVP on FDL or Krait Mk2, FAS in PVP is much more complicated than these ships.

@SergMx yes, a FAS is difficult for a beginner, no idea if you wanted to say this?

Anyways, more fights at Baal, and because it's boring to watch two FdLs pounce each other for 10 minutes twice,
I doubled the speed and added cool music ^^

edit: by the way, the strange rolls you see in my fights are shadow inputs from a broken t16.000.
Can't get it in store at the moment, so I have to live with a malfunctioning one for the time being :cautious:

edit: by the way, the strange rolls you see in my fights are shadow inputs from a broken t16.000.
oh boy, is it the twist axis

I had to unmap mine completely, even after taking it open and trimming the internal plastic, I've had to use the paddles on my throttle for yaw instead - which I hate because it's awkward to use that at the same control as the throttle's little analogue stick for my lats/verts

oh boy, is it the twist axis

I had to unmap mine completely, even after taking it open and trimming the internal plastic, I've had to use the paddles on my throttle for yaw instead - which I hate because it's awkward to use that at the same control as the throttle's little analogue stick for my lats/verts
Yep, twist axis is broken... on the second one :cautious:

@SergMx yes, a FAS is difficult for a beginner, no idea if you wanted to say this?

Anyways, more fights at Baal, and because it's boring to watch two FdLs pounce each other for 10 minutes twice,
I doubled the speed and added cool music ^^
Yes.
A newcomer leaning with all the gimbal MC guns is normal.
A beginner flying the FAS is hard to believe.

Deleted member 192138

D
Really? Plenty of people either don't know better, or are very resistant to flying meta until they're bored for getting their doors kicked in.

Really? Plenty of people either don't know better, or are very resistant to flying meta until they're bored for getting their doors kicked in.

Always disliked flying 'meta', but have usually been able to find something that was unconventional while still being usefully effective. However, it seems as though each change to the game has made that more difficult...either by directly augmenting what was already potent, or by removing constraints that discouraged (over)use of certain equipment and/or tactics before. It's one of those 'more choices, fewer options', kinda things.

Where I'm reading this, I wonder who else is using Joy X-Axis for Roll and Joy RZ-Axis for Yaw.

Probably the overwhelming majority of players with twist sticks.

I do understand that the concept of there being a meta ship build is distasteful and very regrettable because of greatly reduced choices and variety. No one likes to be forced to journey on well worn obvious paths. Of course, this is due to choices made by the game designers. Nevertheless, the current Meta Fdl build is a thing of beauty with great adaptability and power.

It is also incredibly difficult for a lot of us to master. Not only is one advised to learn flight assist off and all that that technique entails, but also the plasma accelerator is by far the most difficult weapon to use against humans. Not only is the PA reticle almost twice as far from the ship than a multicannon reticle, but also the PA reticle at larger distances, can be very deceiving and useless unless you know the target's trajectory. In organized PvP in asteroid fields, the reticle is often obscured by rocks. Nevertheless, the generous fall off distance of 2km and the high absolute damage of the PA is unparalled. All that frustration and diminishing patience used in training to use PAs is well paid.

I get sad when people descry the meta FDL. Especially if they make such a judgement simply because they cannot fly it to perfection right away. Yeah, it sucks that there is hardly any choice, but personally, my attempt to learn to fly the meta properly, to its fullest potential, is the most satisfying aspect of Elite Dangerous for me. The meta may seem ubiquitous, but in reality, there are very few masters of the build.

o7

Tritium.jpg

🥳 🥳 🥳

I'm a bit confused, it's a good mission but surely just another trade mission?

After all, a lawful anarchist like you would never dream of stealing all that Tritium, right? I'm finally going to have a little time free to get back to the game this weekend, so if I find you've failed the mission I might have to come and shameless gank you... although if I forget the Interdictor you might have to grab me!

Top Bottom