General / Off-Topic James Bond's Makeover

Well, Charlie's Angel's were all women in the first place, so coming up with a re-do is not really comparable to what's happening with Bond. Imagine the howl of outrage if the new Charlie's Angels featured the Rock, Jason Statham and David Bautista as the "angel's?"
I'd watch the crap outta that.

I like Gina Carano but Haywire is average, she's more like Jason Statham to me (and Haywire is like a JS film).

Modesty Blaise? Meh.

Thankfully there is still hope. There are still people that seems to care about the movie they are making. And see it as art, and not just a cash grab machine.

And if this is true, teen ghostbusters, a gender mixed team, working together. Each one with its own faults and strengths. In short compelling characters.

A direct continuation form Ghostbusters 2. Sign me up, TAKE MY MONEY!

THIS is proof enough that one can make GOOD movies that cater to everyone. ( Except maybe the SJW's, NOTHING seem to satisfy them! )

you lost me at Teen.

I can not wait to see why James Bond is called to help the agent 007.

:)

The rumours that ive heard are that James Bond is broken and jaded, his retirement is a result of his being beaten and disillusioned, The female 007 comes to him for help on a case which he had worked on from before.

That Broken jaded and disillusioned aspect of a loved male character before handing off to a female replacement is popping up alot recently.

"Broken, jaded and disillusioned" kinda fits with the later bond books tbh

It also follows on to some degree the ending of 2015's Spectre, where Bond was disillusioned with his place in the MI-6, and drove off with Dr. Madeleine Swann, in hopes of retiring and having a successful relationship.

Non the less this Narrative keeps appearing in movies and TV recently. I wonder if its becoming a convenient story mechanic for lazy writers to shoehorn in a new replacement character.

Some examples.

LukeSkywalker-2.jpg

zusrz62unldefsuua7ye

'Then the unimaginable happened... what did that cost you, your faith.... your faith in us.... your faith in yourself.'

'Batman gave up on us... the bats not comig back'.

Last edited:
Is also follows on to some degree the ending of 2015's Spectre, where Bond was disillusioned with his place in the MI-6, and drove off with Dr. Madeleine Swann, in hopes of retiring and having a successful relationship.

Non the less this Narrative keeps appearing in movies and TV recently. I wonder if its becoming a convenient story mechanic for lazy writers to shoehorn in a new replacement character.

Some examples.

LukeSkywalker-2.jpg

zusrz62unldefsuua7ye

'Then the unimaginable happened... what did that cost you, your faith.... your faith in us.... your faith in yourself.'

'Batman gave up on us... the bats not comig back'.
Well, that's the narrative, isn't it?
Men are weak, it's about time women stepped up and showed them how to screw up properly

Providing she is written fairly and not mary sue.

220px-Rey_Star_Wars.png

star-trek-discovery-season-2-episode-2-burnham.jpg
Yeah. There are badass female characters in films, of course. Not these two, though.
Ellen Ripley, Sarah Connor, The Bride, Leeloo, Leia Organa, Imperator Furiosa, Black Widow, River Tam, Jen Yu, Samantha Caine, Nikita,...

Characters you can look up to and respect, no matter if you're a man or a woman.
Very few such characters has been written, lately, though. Wonder Woman is one of the few examples that come to mind.

Maybe it's because there simply aren't enough good actresses, these days. You can't replace craft and personal charm with wokeness points.

Last edited:
Yeah. There are badass female characters in films, of course. Not these two, though.
Ellen Ripley, Sarah Connor, The Bride, Leeloo, Leia Organa, Imperator Furiosa, Black Widow, River Tam, Jen Yu, Samantha Caine, Nikita,...

Characters you can look up to and respect, no matter if you're a man or a woman.
Very few such characters has been written, lately, though. Wonder Woman is one of the few examples that come to mind.

Indeed, Alien is my Favourite Movie (and the Aliens Franchise in general), All strong female leads.
Its obvious to spot the politics in writing now and it ruins the show.

What I don't understand is how a series like Vikings, that makes characters - male, female, fully mobile or not, intuitive and powerful - and be produced in the same era as so much woke awfulness.
[totally sexist mode.......... ] mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Katheryn Winnick .................. [/totally sexist mode]

Vikings is not my favourite TV show by a long stretch.... whilst it may be closer to historically accurate than most.... I like to have good guys and bad guys where as in Vikings, they are all bad!.

There is no doubt however that the Vikings - or at least as they are portrayed - are model citizens when it comes to respecting women at the same level as the men. (apart from sleeping around, the men seem to get away with that more than the women)

true... it may be that everyone is treated equally badly, but equality is equality!.

The rumours that ive heard are that James Bond is broken and jaded, his retirement is a result of his being beaten and disillusioned, The female 007 comes to him for help on a case which he had worked on from before.

That Broken jaded and disillusioned aspect of a loved male character before handing off to a female replacement is popping up alot recently.

Interesting !

However it seems that James is not totally broken and jaded since in the synopsis of the film, it is said that James as usual tries to seduce the woman.

This James Bond is incorrigible !

Interesting !

However it seems that James is not totally broken and jaded since in the synopsis of the film, it is said that James as usual tries to seduce the woman.

This James Bond is incorrigible !

Which im sure will be the perfect launch point for her to slap the misogynistic dinosaur down for his inappropriate advances.

Top Bottom