ANNOUNCEMENT January Update is out now!

Also, very important to some (which FD don't seem to realise 'cos they're not mentioning it enough) ..

Hey @Ozric,

Locations have been moved out of the box, so you can see locations and features at the same time without waiting.

So there's no longer two "tabs" in the top-right of the FSS window with the results you want to see on a 2nd tab. And (from watching Malic's stream), it seems the information about whether there are Thargoid sites has now been moved completely into the system details down the right hand side and coloured differently so it's more prominent.

Hey @Exigeous,

Thank you for the reports, our early investigation suggests that this is just initial server jitters, which should subside shortly. However, we have passed this along to the team to keep an eye on and investigate in the event that it continues.
As I said in another thread, if your framerate is tied to the server, THEN YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING WRONG.

It pretty much kills the experience in VR.

To all the "I ain't got no stutter" people, go to Sol and try it there. It apparently is worse the more planets there are in a system.

Well, there won't be any new content to look for, will there?
True, but given the huge amount of bugs in the game right now and that this took what, 6 months I was hoping for a bit more. I expected some new big bug and it seems I was right (we're all getting massive lag/stutter issues)

Greetings Commanders,

The January Update is now live!

This update is part of our plan to address recent and longstanding issues, fixing as many high priority bugs and issues as possible:

Exploration
Following the feedback gathered from the open beta, we've implemented an alternative solution to help mitigate the long delay when scanning planets with geological/biological sites. Now, when scanning a planet, commanders will receive an indication of the likelihood of that planet having any geological/biological sites ranging from Unlikely, Likely or Very Likely. Alternatively, commanders can wait for the full scan (which takes a little longer) to complete to get an exact number of geological/biological sites.

Background Simulation and Powerplay
We've introduced a number of new Background Simulation states which can threaten a faction's economic and security prosperity, as well as introduced a number of Powerplay fixes and recalculations to better improve the feature.
  • The new Faction States are Blight, Natural Disaster, Infrastructure Failure, Drought, Terrorist Attack, and Public Holiday.

We've also implemented fixes when mining in a wing for those lucrative deep-cores, taking on seeming-invincible Thargoids, Collector Limpets scraping against one's hull, rubber-banding ships and visual artifacts ruining well-timed screenshots. Click here to read all of the fixes in the January Update!

I noticed that once you select a body in FSS it immediately starts to scan for Features. Did you manage to ask the devs what happens if you cancel that scan? Does it finish in the background or once you go on to another body, it cancels that scan?

Hey @Exigeous,

Thank you for the reports, our early investigation suggests that this is just initial server jitters, which should subside shortly. However, we have passed this along to the team to keep an eye on and investigate in the event that it continues.

Thanks and no worries - there are a bunch of us at Jameson right now and MANY of us are seeing this and a lot of the same network lag issues we had before. It does seem things are at least better with Fighters but the stutter issue is pretty bad at times. As already posted it's pretty odd that server side code would be effecting my client - and to be clear I'm seeing it when dropping and scooping around stars, totally alone in a random system.

Testing continues....

It would be better if FDev released Fleet Carriers, because an update that should fix bugs brought new bugs, and even public beta testing did not help. If there are new bugs, then it is better with new content, and not without it.

Anyone else wish there were simple features which if implimented would make your life so much easier, such as:
  • ability to sort / search the stored modules
  • a 'google-like' autofill / search of systems in galaxy map, instead of having to exactly type the system name
apart from that, things seem pretty ok so far on the update

What's fixed about the "fixed directional decals being reversed. "?
Because the "head/ skull" decals aren't still mirrored, so they look wrong if you put them on the wings or the sides of a ship because each head looks to a different direction.

What fix was intended here?

Top Bottom