ANNOUNCEMENT January Update - Patch Notes

It's been like this for the last 12 months. Someone slaps something together on a Friday, 16:55 with one foot out the door, puts it online, gives it a "spunky name" and off they go.
The fact that it just looks rubbish gets ignored.
For me it has been 12 months since I purchased a paint job. I bought many of the wire frames, all of the Chrome and gold ones, plus many more, because they looked good and appealed to me. The last 52 weekly releases of "let's put ANYTHING on the shop" were just one bad design after the other.

Someone whipped up 100 paint jobs in under a week, and about 80 of them I would buy so hard, my credit card would call it quits.
Why not those 100 paint jobs?

Encountered this is the real world: Used to make jewellery, and made a tidy packet, up until I started to push out rubbish just to fill the display. They never sold, only the ones in my original core design set did.

Lesson learned: The punters can tell what's there for the tasteless whales, and they don't buy it, FDev...

Last edited by a moderator:
They did go with a season pass. It's the Lifetime Expansion Pass, also known as LEP. And oh boy... Many LEP holders are underwhelmed with the promise and delivery of what they paid for vs what they received so far.

The LEP is a bit of a special case, but Horizons was a season pass as well I guess.

Missions
  • Updated misleading retreat mission text - it was suggesting that the mission was helping the withdrawal of the faction, when in fact it should aid the faction in staying within the system.

Stephen, I am really sorry to rain on your parade, but as I feared, you guys didn't fix the RETREAT missions. In my opinion, they still mislead us to think we will help them to retreat from a system, when if fact we are helping them to stay. Please check the screenshot bellow, taken last night:

As you can see, there are two missions labeled "COMMERCIAL SAMPLES SALVAGE TO AID RETREAT"

Ok, English is not my main language, so I might be mistaken there. In case I am not wrong... I believe changing "AID" for "AVOID" would finally fix the VERY OLD issue.

And yes, I did file a ticket because of this: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/12469

EDIT:
I even decided to check if the translated version (portuguese) would also be incorrect and it is. Check the image bellow

For those who don't read/speak portuguese, in english the 2nd and 4th missions "say": COMMERCIAL SAMPLES SALVAGE TO HELP/AID RETREAT.

Last edited:
Hey @Kenjiro,

Have you previously reported this via the Issue Tracker? If not, would you be able to log it so the team can investigate this?

Well, well, well... I came back from vacation and was trying to find the old posts and complaints about this issue, but looks like they "MAGICALLY" disappeared. Even the thread where we discuessed issues regarding the Portuguese translation, in the new forum, was wiped out.

So here is a ticket I just opened about the issue regarding portuguese translation: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/12466

Top Bottom