Jeffress's Second Treasure Hunt

There is a second treasure hunt being listed on the Galnet feed...

Last month, the reclusive philanthropist Alfred Jeffress made headlines with his galaxy-wide treasure hunt, and now it seems the eccentric billionaire is at it again. Having promised that the first event would not be the last of its kind, Jeffress has announced a second treasure hunt, and once again he is offering a share of his vast personal fortune to the winner.

According to a statement from Jeffress, the event will follow much the same format as the first. A mystery object has been placed somewhere in space, and the first person to find and deliver it to a specified location will win the competition. As before, Jeffress has released a riddle that he claims will lead participants to the mystery object:

"A dissatisfied scholar keeps a visionary in his grasp as he makes his deal."

With such a generous prize on offer, the event is sure to capture the imagination of the galactic community.

Last edited:
"Visionary" made me think of a mythological figure associated with prophecy or the oracle; Apollo for example.

Although I am rubbish at crosswords, so will likely be rubbish at this also :)

"Visionary" made me think of a mythological figure associated with prophecy or the oracle; Apollo for example.

Although I am rubbish at crosswords, so will likely be rubbish at this also :)

Then again they did use the vision thing in the last one too. Dissatisfied scholar? Could be a star system named after someone?

This guy here looks like dissatisfied scholar :D :
Sidney_Hall_-_Urania's_Mirror_-_Taurus_Poniatowski,_Serpentarius,_Scutum_Sobiesky,_and_Serpens.jpg

Should we look at the stars that are in his fists?
List of Ophiuchus stars is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_stars_in_Ophiuchus

First part solved.
Faust 68 - slipher hub
read the The faust 68 herald from the station screen when docked (just under galnet news box) and you will see the next clue..
:D Nice work! I was quite literally just about to post that someone should check that station as I was reading up on Vesto Slipher.

Last edited:
Hopefully they give the instance a unique name this time instead of just a static USS. That was really annoying and easily missed, even if you found the right system.

Was just about to post about Faust after a quick google search of "dissatisfied scholar".

Question though, default navigation search of Faust leads to some uninhabited system (Faust 1521 or something), did some poor CMDR have to search Faust 1, 2, 3..... etc until they found Faust 68?

Brutal

i am at faust and got it by reading definition of dissatisfied scholar in the The Oxford Companion to English Literature which led to faust
Yeah, Faust made sense, then looking at populated Faust systems I was narrowed down to FAUST 2688 - Lousma Orbital and Faust 68 - Slipher Hub just because Jack Lousma was an astronaut on Skylab, and the Slipher brothers are notable astronomers that fit the "visionaries" clue very well. Best I could do from work anyway. :p

Top Bottom