Buildings & Attractions JP: No Option to Build Paths to Visitor Center Front Door?

Truly, I can't be the only one that finds this odd that you can't connect paths to the front of the Visitor Center.
Yeah, the land rovers pass in front of it in the movie but, what sense does it make to just make the front door inaccessible because of that?
front door.jpg

It's like going to Disney's Magic Kingdom and being told you can only enter Cinderella's Castle through the tunnels under the park.​
I know this might seem like a little nitpick but, its just really off that you can use literally every door (like 6 or so entrances) on the Innovations Center for paths but, not have the option to connect to the literal front door of the Visitor Center. Seeing as how the issue with the bathroom paths was fixed in this mornings patch, I hope this little hiccup fix won't be too far behind it 😕

And what makes this even funnier is looking back at how Colin Trevorrow had so much trouble trying to center the main entrance during his guest appearance stream.
I certainly hope the devs didn't omit the main entrance connection just to cut that issue out of the picture lol

This isn't related to the visitor center but I finished the DLC and today I was doing a sandbox park with the 1993 building and I can't find the Jurassic Park gate. How is someone suppose to find it?

Truly, I can't be the only one that finds this odd that you can't connect paths to the front of the Visitor Center.
Yeah, the land rovers pass in front of it in the movie but, what sense does it make to just make the front door inaccessible because of that?
View attachment 155266

It's like going to Disney's Magic Kingdom and being told you can only enter Cinderella's Castle through the tunnels under the park.​
I know this might seem like a little nitpick but, its just really off that you can use literally every door (like 6 or so entrances) on the Innovations Center for paths but, not have the option to connect to the literal front door of the Visitor Center. Seeing as how the issue with the bathroom paths was fixed in this mornings patch, I hope this little hiccup fix won't be too far behind it 😕
I thought that was weird too. It was a weird design choice honestly

I think it’s because the visitors can’t climb stairs, the main entrance to the Innovation Center is bizarrely flat in between the stairs surrounding it.

I think it’s because the visitors can’t climb stairs, the main entrance to the Innovation Center is bizarrely flat in between the stairs surrounding it.
While in some ways that could be true, they could just make collision for the stairs function like any sloped surface in the game.
On top of that, no one enters the Innovation Center anyway. At least I've never seen anyone enter it.
Regardless, its very odd that they chose to make the front not connectable and still should be fixed in the future.

I'd love it if the visitor center stairs could be utilized as the park tour station. Optional, of course, but it'd be fun to see Guests boarding from the entrance like in the original film.

You know, guests can enter and exit though the main entrance of the Innovation Center of the JW era, so I do think the front side of the Visitor Center of the JP era can do the same if decided.

This isn't related to the visitor center but I finished the DLC and today I was doing a sandbox park with the 1993 building and I can't find the Jurassic Park gate. How is someone suppose to find it?
It is an optional gate on the park tour when you buid the track. There are two tabs, one for the optional track surface and one for the gate style. By default it chooses the unpaved track and fence style gates.

Even if they couldn't climb the stairs, they could have just redid the buildings collisions to allow them to walk up the ramp or just have the stairs collisions behave like a ramp. Its not like its Frontier's first rodeo, it shouldn't be that big of an issue (especially since Evolution uses the same engine as Planet Coaster and probably Planet Zoo).
They could just make it accessible purely as a visual thing where guests don't even use that particular doorway (to really cut corners while keeping the community happy).

Top Bottom