Jurassic World Evolution 2 - Day One Patch Notes

On my ps5 I have many errors too.
For example:
If I change the type of amenity building it stops working. I need to move it and attach it to the path again to make it work again.
Viewing galeries dont have floor textures.
Settings for brightness and HDR doesnt work I see only one white bar.
Shadows dissapear too early especialy if I look from the top. I did expect longer fade distance on next gen console.

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Someone please tell me why the analog stick on my ps4 randomly stopped working for this game. Whether it's direct or map view it doesn't work. Tried another controller but same thing. Did I hit a button by accident to lock up the analog stick? The game is unplayable like this...
Hi there! This is a bug, as far as I can tell. Please submit a ticket to our support team: https://customersupport.frontier.co.uk/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360003552140
Jens my friend I noticed that even though we have next-gen consoles such as the Xbox series s that I have I noticed that you can't save mixed era settings in sandbox? Is there a chance that this might get fixed in the future cuz I'm hoping that the developers decide to adjust this a little too. I tried to save a mixed era map but it said it would register because it was not next gen? Sorry I assume that the game is still considered a Xbox One and PS4 game.
What do you mean? That you can't have mixed eras in Sandbox Mode on Series S when you first start a Sandbox park, or that you can choose mixed eras, but the setting hasn't been saved when you reload the park later on, forcing you to choose one era?
On my ps5 I have many errors too.
For example:
If I change the type of amenity building it stops working. I need to move it and attach it to the path again to make it work again.
Viewing galeries dont have floor textures.
Settings for brightness and HDR doesnt work I see only one white bar.
Shadows dissapear too early especialy if I look from the top. I did expect longer fade distance on next gen console.
Thank you for the reports. If you haven't already, please submit a ticket to our support team: https://customersupport.frontier.co.uk/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360003552140

What do you mean? That you can't have mixed eras in Sandbox Mode on Series S when you first start a Sandbox park, or that you can choose mixed eras, but the setting hasn't been saved when you reload the park later on, forcing you to choose one era?
Sorry and Yes! on my Xbox series s i noticed that it won't let me save my mixed era maps in sandbox because it says it's not a next-gen game even though its Xbox series X|S compatible? I'm just wondering if this could be adjusted so this way we can save mixed era selected maps so we don't have to start all over again creating the same thing. Because it's kind of weird that I can't save my mixed era maps on a next-gen console.

Last edited:

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Sorry and Yes! on my Xbox series s i noticed that it won't let me save my mixed era maps in sandbox because it says it's not a next-gen game even though its Xbox series X|S compatible? I'm just wondering if this could be adjusted so this way we can save mixed era selected maps so we don't have to start all over again creating the same thing. Because it's kind of weird that I can't save my mixed era maps on a next-gen console.
As far as I'm aware the Xbox Series X should have mixed eras. Could you please submit a ticket about this in the Issue Tracker?

Serie s has mixed i own both consoles. The game simply warns you that that save is not backwards compatible lets say you start Sandbox on Series X Mixed era then that save file is not available on xbox one(for whatever reason someone would do this lol) i was confused too at first. Its simple i can play that save on the series s as its "next" gen. We should stop calling it next gen its over a year old....its curent gen since a year. Ps4 and one should die already. Hardware is a joke.

So, on PS4, hatchery animations are sporadic at best. Most times Dino's just spawn outside the hatchery. Also, in sandbox, the amphitheater "needs power". Even if you place a power source, the icon still shows. Some suggestions: Fix the exit animation glitch, fix the amphitheater power glitch, make the amphitheater a usable building in any sandbox park, and allow mixed era buildings on older consoles. Not everyone has a gaming PC or a current gen machine. Paying the same price on older gen but not having the mixed era option is an insult. Its not as simple as "buy a new console or a new computer"....some of us have priorities and can't justify dropping $500+ for something that should have been included on all platforms across the board.

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
So, on PS4, hatchery animations are sporadic at best. Most times Dino's just spawn outside the hatchery. Also, in sandbox, the amphitheater "needs power". Even if you place a power source, the icon still shows. Some suggestions:
Hi there! We are aware of the bug causing release animations to not play properly. We're looking into it and will let you know when we know more :)

Top Bottom