Jurassic World Evolution 2: Dominion Malta Expansion and Update 5 Coming December 8 2022

I can't say for sure, so you'll have to wait until the patch notes are posted next week

👀 Maybe?
We’re there any changes made to the sizes of the large carnivores? The in game database blatantly lies about the size of these dinosaurs, and I think it should be fixed, along with Spinosaurus getting the size buff it deserves.

Spinosaurus: 15 meters and 5.45 meters tall, should be changed to 16.5 meters and 5.8 meters tall. Should be changed to reflect the Camp Cretaceous Size.

Tyrannosaurus: 14.5 meters long and 5.8 meters tall, should be changed to 13.5 meters long and 5.2 meters tall to reflect the size of Rexy, the largest Tyrannosaur in the series.

Giganotosaurus : stays the same, size is good.

Carcharadontosaurus: stays the same, size is good.

Acrocanthosaurus: 14 meters long and 5 meters tall, should be changed to 12.5-13 meters but but the height should stay the same.

Please take this feedback into consideration frontier. The dinosaurs should reflect their canon sizes.

Last edited:
Can we get defense animations for sauropods and walk animations for flying reptiles in the future? and since compsognatos and moros now hunt in groups, can we have allosaurus and t-rex for example hunting in groups too?
I think the only reason Compsognathus and Moros hunt in groups is because of their tiny size which a single one wouldn't be able to take down a goat or a guest.

Lol, now this is just being dishonest in an attempt to shill for a large corporation. This is not a free-to-play game, it costed $60 (at least until they hastily put it on Game Pass because the game flopped compared to JWE1 sales). Nobody is claiming Dominion content should have been free content, we already paid a lot for an incomplete game.

All of this Dominion content was supposed to be base game content that was then cut and resold as DLC. The film got delayed, and rather than delaying the game to coincide, they saw an opportunity to cut most of the campaign and other Dominion tie-in content out to resell it for a quick buck (which was reflected in the game's reception and sales).

But just like everyone else, you knew all of this, you just wanted to shill for a corporation for some reason. And to address your translation of his jumbled post again, no, other companies do not blatantly ignore the community concerns. They may not announce specific details or release dates, but if something is missing they at least acknowledge it. This is not the industry standard. Frontier is absolutely the outlier when it comes to customer relations.
The problem with that argument is you have no proof.

1. How do you know any Dominion content was supposed to be make it during the base game’s development cycle?
2. Are you sure it’s 100% or mostly impossible Dominion content (a little bit, most, or all of it) has not or never been made before delay?
3. Do past game treatments of the studio or other studios reflect an established standard that should be by law?
4. How do you know lower sales are connected to lax Dominion content?
5. How do you know a shortened version of a game’s campaign compared to its predisesor is the fault of cutting it because of Dominion content?
6. Do you know how game production works?
7. Are you sure your presented evidence is not “confirmation bias?”
8. Are these claims out of objective facts or feelings?
9. How do you know they are doing something morally wrong as you accuse them of?
10. What is a "complete/finished" or "unfinished/incomplete game?"

These are questions nobody asks or try to figure out, at least vocally online, or it gets buried by more viral or ‘relevant’ rumors.

Last edited:
I just wanted everyone to know, the sizes we get for the movies, websites and Camp Cretaceous come from Universal. They indeed made the Spinosaurus 16.5 meters long and 5.8 meters tall, that is how they wanted it. It's the same way they changed Rexy's size twice. So to match these changes I agree with Snieves.

I'm already enjoying everything about this DLC including moros and oviraptor two new additions to the feathered dinosaur family, but I noticed Microceratus is not here but I wouldn't mind if this species was added to say a hypothetical Jurassic Park anniversary expansion DLC. Since this species is technically a Jurassic Park era dinosaur as well.

I hope you are right. I am one of the fans and players who are disappointed with the fact that Microceratus is not added.

Nevertheless, Microceratus debuted in the original novel version of Jurassic Park.

"Grant nodded. Up in the branches, small pale yellow dinosaurs, barely two feet tall, hopped from tree to tree. They had beaky heads, like parrots. 'You know what they call those?' Tim said. 'Microceratops.'" (Crichton, 591)

Crichton, Michael. Jurassic Park. Random House, (1990). EPUB file.

I hope you are right. I am one of the fans and players who are disappointed with the fact that Microceratus is not added.

Nevertheless, Microceratus debuted in the original novel version of Jurassic Park.

"Grant nodded. Up in the branches, small pale yellow dinosaurs, barely two feet tall, hopped from tree to tree. They had beaky heads, like parrots. 'You know what they call those?' Tim said. 'Microceratops.'" (Crichton, 591)

Crichton, Michael. Jurassic Park. Random House, (1990). EPUB file.
I'm pretty sure. If not in any of the packs then possibly in future hypothetical Jurassic Park 30th anniversary DLC in the future my friend since this species is a Jurassic Park species technically.

Hey @Jens Erik
I have a question about the new system for the variants.

Will the Giganotosaurus 2022 have no scars when customising the skins? Because that is specific to just the individual from the movie, and personally I don't want all my Dominion style Gigas to be constantly scarred.

Also could the Allosaurus and Dimorphodon variants get the 12 new skins colours and 7 patterns like the Iguanodon in future?

Last edited:

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Amazing dlc, perfect! it's everything and more than i expected, so many details like the natural lagoon and the compy's attacking in a group, i'm so excited to get my hands on it all, can't wait! I will spare no expense...
Thank you so much Bary! :)
Body Variant selector in the genome editor is exciting. We’ll get it for the JP era dinos? I mean, new skins and patterns?
Are you asking if we're adding in new body and pattern colours in this DLC? No, but we are, as you mentioned, adding in the option for certain Variants to have body/pattern colour selection.
Please tell me we finally get the locations unlocked for the sandbox players without the need to do campaigns and such. We only been asking since launch and it makes no sense not to do it because you did it for the dino's which also required unlocking at first. Please tell me you guysfinally listened and made this an option for sandbox. On pc we can use mods to unlock all but those sandbox only players on console are really waiting for you guys to do this.
Hey again FunGaming! The DLC maps are available from the jump, but the maps from the base game will have to be unlocked by completing them in Campaign, or by meeting certain thresholds in Challenge Mode or Chaos Theory
I'm totally going to use the new Carnotaurus skin. Keep an enclosure with Toro and Diablo.
Don't forget to share the pictures! I'm sure they'll look great together <3
Hmm... so now that DLC variants are getting full color options, will the Base Game variants be getting the same treatment? Pretty sure Pteranodon 2001 is also limited to one color at the moment...
Hey DragonNTiger! :) The Pteranodon skin you mentioned is just a skin, so it won't have body/colour options.
Having this new campaign flow more like the original one from JWE1 (being able to travel back and forth and having research carry over) is a huge plus. It'd be awesome if you guys could patch this into the base JWE2 campaign.
This is a campaign specific to this DLC, and it's not something we plan to patch into the DFW campaign
We’re there any changes made to the sizes of the large carnivores?
To my knowledge we haven't made size changes to carnivores in this update
Now I want to make a video of the blue, Delta, Charlie, and Echo versus the evil Raptor Squad Ghost, Tiger, Red, Panthera.
We'd love to see it!
I have a question about the new system for the variants.

Will the Giganotosaurus 2022 have no scars when customising the skins? Because that is specific to just the individual from the movie, and personally I don't want all my Dominion style Gigas to be constantly scarred.

Also could the Allosaurus and Dimorphodon variants get the 12 new skins colours and 7 patterns like the Iguanodon in future?
I just checked, and it didn't look like the Giganotosaurus 2022 Variant had the scarring once I applied body and pattern colours. The 2022 Variant option does have the scars though, if that made sense?
Gorgeous looking map. I'm excited to build a park there.
Thanks Skawt! We can't wait to see what the community builds on the new maps!

Thank you so much Bary! :)

Are you asking if we're adding in new body and pattern colours in this DLC? No, but we are, as you mentioned, adding in the option for certain Variants to have body/pattern colour selection.

Hey again FunGaming! The DLC maps are available from the jump, but the maps from the base game will have to be unlocked by completing them in Campaign, or by meeting certain thresholds in Challenge Mode or Chaos Theory

Don't forget to share the pictures! I'm sure they'll look great together <3

Hey DragonNTiger! :) The Pteranodon skin you mentioned is just a skin, so it won't have body/colour options.

This is a campaign specific to this DLC, and it's not something we plan to patch into the DFW campaign

To my knowledge we haven't made size changes to carnivores in this update

We'd love to see it!

I just checked, and it didn't look like the Giganotosaurus 2022 Variant had the scarring once I applied body and pattern colours. The 2022 Variant option does have the scars though, if that made sense?

Thanks Skawt! We can't wait to see what the community builds on the new maps!
Thank you for replying! Would you be able to pass the word to the team! This is looking like it’s going to be an amazing update:)

With the new variant system, if random skin/pattern is selected, will there still be the possibility for a mix between the default versions and the variants in the same clutch, or are those completely separated from each other?

I personally prefer a mix, because I like the diversity in looks that the random option can bring, but I could definitely see why some people would like them separeted too.

Top Bottom