Jurassic World Evolution 2: Secret Species Pack coming 13 March

Hello Park Managers!

Prepare to unleash four new bioengineered hybrid dinosaurs into your parks with the Secret Species Pack, coming to Jurassic World Evolution 2 on 13 March!

These genetically modified additions are more detailed than ever before, giving your guests a unique and memorable experience as they gaze upon these magnificent new species, including fan-favourite bioluminescent variations to make nighttime an enchanting experience.

New Dinosaurs

Get ready to welcome these extraordinary hybrids into your parks:

Spinoceratops:

View attachment 386228

A mighty hybrid combined from Sinoceratops and Spinosaurus DNA. First introduced in season four of the hit series, Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous, this species is instantly recognisable from its impressive fin to its imposing horn. However, DNA analysis indicates that Spinoceratops is a predominantly peaceful species.

Stegoceratops:

View attachment 386229

First glimpsed in the movie Jurassic World on Dr. Wu’s computer, the Stegoceratops combines the might of the Triceratops with the spine defences of the mighty Stegosaurus. Its intimidating horns coupled with its spiked tail, neck, and back make this armoured species a formidable challenge for predators, should they wish to take the risk of challenging it.

Ankylodocus:

View attachment 386242

Ankylodocus, the largest bioengineered species, boasts sharp spikes on its back and a clubbed tail making this gentle giant a thundering presence in any park.

Spinoraptor:

View attachment 386231

This predator possesses the cunning and ferociousness of its parent species: the Velociraptor and Spinosaurus. As a social creature the Spinoraptor is happiest when with others of it's own species.

Bioluminescent Skins

View attachment 386232

New nighttime bioluminescent skins are coming for the four new hybrids as well as for the Indominus Rex and the Indoraptor! These skins will bring your parks to life when the sun goes down, allowing you some hint to where the more dangerous dinosaurs might be lurking in the bushes!

The Secret Species Pack is available on Wednesday 13 March! Don't forget to wishlist on Steam here!
Is it free? because past dlc you always added the price under the trailer

Make sense since 3 past dlc dinosaurs from previous game + 1 new canon species

Plus there no mention of an free update

Last edited:

Paul_Crowther

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Is it free? because past dlc you always added the price under the trailer

Make sense since 3 past dlc dinosaurs from previous gamd + 1 new canon species

Plus there no mention of an free update
This is a paid pack which will retail for £5.99 (Same price as Cretaceous Predator pack). The free update will be a small update which includes a number of bug fixes.

For me the the hybrid pack is a "MUST HAVE". It's the essence of "Jurassic" franchise, and every dino has some gene "additions" to their gene pools (i.e. frog DNA).

But why half of the shown patterns are glowing pink? Orange, white, yellow, turquoise.. there are many different colors in the palette. I mean.... Way to go Frontier! Keep your diversity and ESG scores high!

The thing I am mad is that the first three hybrids were cut from JWE2, like Huyangosaurus, to be sold as DLC. I would have done those three as a free Update alongside the PDLC and have three new hybrid instead (one flyer, one marine and another one).

I cannot wait to have them in my JW Sorna Redwoods (Oregon USA) facility but, why didn't the Scorpios got a bioluminecense. I want to see all the Spinoceratops skins....

Yeah I don't have good feelings about this. I get staff were laid off recently, so if I had to guess, could be part of why this was done, if not work being directed to something bigger (such as JWE3, considering the upcoming movie).

But to resell creatures that had been cut from the game at launch, that were available in a DLC for the previous game (when all other DLC creatures were brought into the game at launch) is scummy. I get some people wanted them, but this is like the Huayangosaurus being shoved into the Deluxe pack, when it was a base game creature in the previous game, but much worse, because now it's three creatures.

Sure there's been some work done, the social animations, the new bio-luminescent skins, and one new creature here (the Spinoceratops), and the reworked Ankylodocus (which thankfully the community reception about wanting a redesign of it was heard, and reception towards the redesign seems good so far), but I don't think it is right to have to pay for the same DLC creatures again (as a JWE vet), when they should been in the base game from the start.

I don't really use hybrids in my parks as is. The only one I might use is Spinoraptor as it is the closest option to Austroraptor, and it might be interesting to use with the bioluminescent skins, and if it has pack hunting like Velociraptor, etc. That said no way will I buy this at full price for one creature I might occasionally use. I may get it on sale in the distant future, and only a very steep sale.

The lack of content update and only a small bug fix update also has me worried about the future of the game, between the recent layoffs, if the potential for a new game coming out, because of the new upcoming film, as what happened with JWE. But I really hope if a new game is in the works, then when the last update comes out for JWE2 that there isn't just nothing but radio silence until the next game's trailer came out. Needs to be some communication that the game's support has (largely) ended (especially as far as no more new content).

This also feels like a complete U-turn from the previous DLC's, which consisted of fan favorite real animals, most of which were pretty scientifically rigorous, and all were highly recieved. These are all fictional mash ups. I'm already seeing a lot of people saying they won't buy this DLC for that reason.

I am for a hybrid only pack, but reselling content to me is a big NO.

There is lazy and then there is this dlc, 75% of it was already in game 1 and most JWE1 fans have paid for, and to add salt to the injury there is no free update.

I ain't buying this even on sale, and if this is the template for the future games then i am switching to other gaming venues.

Regarding the update, it is very likely the layoffs and restructuring afterwards did factor into it being a small bug fix one instead of the usual big one, so it's understandable why it would be small. With any luck it only affects this DLC this way, and we may still get a larger update at a later date, splitting the content since the team likely isn't large enough to do both at the same time and/or it happened while this DLC was in the works. We'll just have to see what the future holds.

Secrets of Dr Wu was acceptable, because it also contained 2 actual dinosaurs, 2 new maps (as a sidestory for the campaign), and a massive QoL buff with the new genes.

Dropped the ball with this one ngl.

Not saying that the models are bad; Ankylodocus got a massive glowup, and feedback was heard on that one. More on a conceptual approach, as 3/4ths of the pack come from the first game, the new hybrid is quite samey despite hailing from CC, and personally hybrids are far less appealing than actual animals.

If we had gotten lagoon and aviary hybrids things would feel better, but, the concept behind this one is kinda... subpar compared to last year, or the equivalent from the first game.

Last edited:
New nighttime bioluminescent skins are coming for the four new hybrids as well as for the Indominus Rex and the Indoraptor! These skins will bring your parks to life when the sun goes down, allowing you some hint to where the more dangerous dinosaurs might be lurking in the bushes!
Will These Be (For Indominus Rex And Indoraptor) Like The Para's Lux Skins Or Like Styxo's/Notho's Lux Skins?

Frontier is limited as to not having the staff they once did. As a consequence, a DLC pack consisting of mostly previously released content is the upcoming DLC. And the free update, that in the past was substantial, only has bug fixes is telling. Hopefully enough of the community buys the new DLC. Personally I never liked the hybrids, so for now I think I'll pass.

For a bit of positivity, I'm happy to have the 3 Wu Hybrids return as well as having the Spinoceratops arrive.

For a quick Question. Will Spinoceratops have Skins based off the two featured in the show? It looks like the one in the image is a CC Skin inspired by Angel, the whiter one, but will there also be another based on Rebel, the Bluer one?

Top Bottom