Jurassic World: Evolution (Still In Development?)

Hi All,

Got to say, I love this game. I got all the DLC and such and just find it pretty chill out type of game really, plus Dinosaurs! who doesn't like some sort of prehistoric life xD

Anyway, I just wanted to know if anyone was able to shed some light on whether they are actually still working with this game in terms of patches/updates/DLC and such. It would be a shame to see this sort of game die out without having actually added more content to some degree. I just wanna know if there is anything in the pipeline that they are working on with this to keep it running with content. I mean I was surprised to see that we weren't even able to have any form of aquatics in the game or perhaps even a few more flyers to choose from. I know the game has a huge roster of dinos already but would be good to see a few more.

I am hoping they are still working on the game as I do enjoy it (Minus the stupid ranger AI that can drive through trees but get stopped by green leaves) and such. Anyway have a good day everyone :)

Hi All,

Got to say, I love this game. I got all the DLC and such and just find it pretty chill out type of game really, plus Dinosaurs! who doesn't like some sort of prehistoric life xD

Anyway, I just wanted to know if anyone was able to shed some light on whether they are actually still working with this game in terms of patches/updates/DLC and such. It would be a shame to see this sort of game die out without having actually added more content to some degree. I just wanna know if there is anything in the pipeline that they are working on with this to keep it running with content. I mean I was surprised to see that we weren't even able to have any form of aquatics in the game or perhaps even a few more flyers to choose from. I know the game has a huge roster of dinos already but would be good to see a few more.

I am hoping they are still working on the game as I do enjoy it (Minus the stupid ranger AI that can drive through trees but get stopped by green leaves) and such. Anyway have a good day everyone :)
Hey! 👋

From what I understand, the game is still being worked on, but it feels like it will focus on patches to fix any issues left in the game. No announcements on larger content has been announced or teased. They are still taking in issues and are noting down the bugs and crashes to work on, so a patch is in the works at the very least.

Regarding new content, we may hear something when the Camp Cretaceous netflix series goes live, but that is just a hunch. Hopefully we do hear of new content soon!

Hey! 👋

From what I understand, the game is still being worked on, but it feels like it will focus on patches to fix any issues left in the game. No announcements on larger content has been announced or teased. They are still taking in issues and are noting down the bugs and crashes to work on, so a patch is in the works at the very least.

Regarding new content, we may hear something when the Camp Cretaceous netflix series goes live, but that is just a hunch. Hopefully we do hear of new content soon!
Remember, all PDLCs and free updates with new content have to go through a specifically planned marketing schedule. In a retrospective point of view, Return to Jurassic Park seemed to be the finale for financial year FY20, which ran from 5/31/2019 to 5/31/2020. Plus, the Jurassic IP trend has pretty much died down for the most part. With Dominion coming up, larger expansions like the last DLC would benefit from raising/reviving trends later on in the year. Smaller ones would probably be better off without too much of the former.
Now, Frontier has entered the FY21 financial year fourteen days ago which will end at 5/31/2021. So, between this time span, I can already guarantee something big or small will be announced and reveled then.

Last edited:
Remember, all PDLCs and free updates with new content have to go through a specifically planned marketing schedule. In a retrospective point of view, Return to Jurassic Park seemed to be the finale for financial year FY20, which ran from 5/31/2019 to 5/31/2020. Plus, the Jurassic IP trend has pretty much died down for the most part. With Dominion coming up, larger expansions like the last DLC would benefit from raising/reviving trends later on in the year. Smaller ones would probably be better off without too much of the former.
Now, Frontier has entered the FY21 financial year fourteen days ago which will end at 5/31/2021. So, between this time span, I can already guarantee something big or small will be announced and reveled then.
Yeah, market wise it makes sense to keep the momentum going. If content stops coming to the game, then the fanbase behind the game would die down as well.
I do hope that the game at least gets some tweaks done to freshen up the experience, even if it not that major of a change. That way the player base still have something to look forward to when coming back and keep them engaged.

One thing I do hope that could happen is that this game does get a sequel of sorts to make use of the new next generation tech, as well as a chance to optimise their engine for bigger parks, more dinosaurs, and deeper management, as well as a means to easily edit their game and update them with little worry of having players lose their save and making adjustments that are within range. The game is great fun, but we also did notice that it has its fair share of compromises due to the game's coding. Like how changing sizes requires a lot of work, how terrain brushes are limited too 4 per island, and how dinosaur A.I. feels scripted and not as dynamic in areas such as hunting, combat, and a lack of social interactions to name a few.

I do not know if this is in their plan, but I hope this game gets a slight update to make use of next gen hardware. That way players of the next xbox and PS5 has a means to play their game with better graphics and a boost in performance and load times. It will also insure that their fans are still able to continue to play their games, or be able to purchase these games for early adopters who wish to enjoy the business management sim. That way if a sequel is made, there will be an audience who are more than ready to jump into a next gen sequel to JWE that will come alongside the movie.

Plus, the Jurassic IP trend has pretty much died down for the most part.

Hahaha, nostalgia is a powerful marketing tool 😂Jurassic Park is still a very prominent IP as the idea of building a park that reintroduces dinosaurs in the modern world is still a novel concept. Other IPs that play with prehistoric creatures in pop culture would garner attention, but Jurassic Park is that IP that would last for a long long time. I think it has the same pop-culture impact as King Kong, Star Wars, and Dr.Who. And like those IPs, they are still relevant today as they were the first time around. But I will say, there better be a long pause after Jurassic World Dominion so as to not milk this cash cow dry beyond revival. A lot of my favorite films like ghostbusters, men in black, and Jaws were milked to death, becoming empty shells of what they were.

Hahaha, nostalgia is a powerful marketing tool 😂Jurassic Park is still a very prominent IP as the idea of building a park that reintroduces dinosaurs in the modern world is still a novel concept. Other IPs that play with prehistoric creatures in pop culture would garner attention, but Jurassic Park is that IP that would last for a long long time. I think it has the same pop-culture impact as King Kong, Star Wars, and Dr.Who. And like those IPs, they are still relevant today as they were the first time around. But I will say, there better be a long pause after Jurassic World Dominion so as to not milk this cash cow dry beyond revival. A lot of my favorite films like ghostbusters, men in black, and Jaws were milked to death, becoming empty shells of what they were.
I wasn't clear there, I'm sorry. What I meant to say was the trend between December and May has kinda slowed down for certain things for Frontier Developments for JWE only, not for everything or everyone. Yes, the Jurassic IP is still up and going big time in general, but specific game companies have a specific approached goal for certain things that they do. The last DLC expansion that released in the holiday season, I was just trying to say, feels like it was an intended finale for the last financial year until then if one looks at it the right way. You know, Frontier could've added more content between the past five months to keep that same venue of interest for new content concept from the whole of last year high as it was. But, they didn't want to do that, so it eased down. So many people can still get interested into the game as it, along with its DLCs, have generated such healthy income alone to this day, but there hasn't been any intended trends for more new upcoming stuff for it. Once more JW shows start marketing higher than they currently are, they have better opportunities to do what they did last year should they decide to use them.
It's more complicated than you think, so I'm just trying my bestest possible to explain.

Last edited:
Top Bottom