Just survived a gank attempt for the first time!

I think the only real complaint people can have is that with 6-10 gankers (there were at least that number at 2200 in Duamta) it gets close to being impossible to get to the station.

My only gripe with open is, that it only takes a couple of other CMDRs in my instance to create noticeable lag, especially at burning stations where a lot of other stuff is also going on.
this is why braben the allmighty said "and there shall be solo, which shall be more equaller than any other mode". enjoy ...

How was your heart rate during the gank :D

Worth noting, your survivability may improve by running 4 pips to sys and 2 to eng. Your shields will be much stronger and having an extra boost or two probably wouldn't save you unless you're in a racing ship
too high 😄

That´s why I almost panicked when I didn't jump when my FSD was done charging, until I remembered to align with the target system. It felt like forever, but it was probably only just fractions of seconds...

Hard to keep a cool head, when you are fleeing for your life.

Edit: Thanks for the extra tips on pips, will do that next time. I think my Krait can more or less perma boost on two pips anyway.

I boost at 500 m/s, how does that compare to the speed of a typical gank boat?

Last edited:
Accidentally logged into open, its a bit of a deep pattern, having that option directly behind the continue menu option, and no button debounce. That's CCP levels of trolling Fdev, especially with no concrete way of knowing which session type you are in. Needless to say, my humanitarian effort in the same system as you did not end well. Nice to know the EVE sociopaths are present, alive and well. Water off a duck's back these days, but I could have done without the 'pirates' spewing racially insensitive crap in my chat window.
Have a friend who used to play this game in open, and he was always making fun of me for not playing this game like a "real commander."

It doesn't sound like I am losing much for playing solo...

but I could have done without the 'pirates' spewing racially insensitive crap in my chat window.
sad to hear but afaik the chat is the same regardless of modes, go figure. i don't really know, never look at it except when i need to perform some comms function and need to cycle the tabs to refressh the buggy ui and then get a nonstop flood of text that ... yes, indeed, uses to be borderline nonsense. 🤷‍♂️

tbf, public chat isn't really better in other games. and i'm gonna sound like an old fart now but it wasn't like this before online games went mainstream. good times!

too high 😄

That´s why I almost panicked when I didn't jump when my FSD was done charging, until I remembered to align with the target system. It felt like forever, but it was probably only just fractions of seconds...

Edit: Thanks for the extra tips on pips, will do that next time. I think my Krait can more or less perma boost on two pips anyway.

:D
I think everyone whos been interdicted by a player has a panic story

Mine is hitting Silent running instead of boost, thus losing all my shields and then cooking myself when I found Boost but forgot to turn off silent running 🤷‍♂️

I'm not pvp focused so I can't really advise on gankboats but I suspect many aim for 500+m/s.

If you survived it, you weren't being ganked.

A ganker would not have given you the opportunity to escape.
I don't believe it is that binary, and so far my succes rate is 50% ;)

Sure, his ganking skills may be less than stellar, but if I hadn't had decent shields with boosters or maybe not G5 engineered dirty drag drives, I might have bought it.

too high 😄

500m/s is... too slow. My full-on combat ships boost at around 520m/s at the slowest end, up to 630m/s. I reckon a ganked-up FDL will be running 550+

Have a friend who used to play this game in open, and he was always making fun of me for not playing this game like a "real commander."

It doesn't sound like I am losing much for playing solo...
I usually play private group, I've picked up some friends through Mobius and on my discord server, winging up is a lot more satisfying than completely solo play. You can even park up in a busy system in solo then relog to open and stay in the station just chewing the fat with the local CMDRs.

I usually play private group, I've picked up some friends through Mobius and on my discord server, winging up is a lot more satisfying than completely solo play. You can even park up in a busy system in solo then relog to open and stay in the station just chewing the fat with the local CMDRs.
Had two friends who used to play, but they stopped at some point, the game is "boring, difficult, and too nerdy."

too high 😄

My FAS goes 546m/s and FDL around the same. Mamba does 613m/s. You turn to face the attacker and boost past them because it forces them to change direction and lose speed before trying to close on you again. Just fleeing in a straight line is how you die because they are faster than you are and they have perfect line of site on a ship with minimal change to X Y vectors. You are flying along the Z axis and so tagging your thrusters with projectiles is an easy shot.

The scariest and most fun symbol you'll ever see.....Δ
So, I have a question.

In normal space, I understand that the triangle on our radar indicates that the other ship has deployed hard points.

What does it mean in super cruise though, I am pretty sure it was a hollow triangle, that interdicted me?

So, I have a question.

In normal space, I understand that the triangle on our radar indicates that the other ship has deployed hard points.

What does it mean in super cruise though, I am pretty sure it was a hollow triangle, that interdicted me?
It either means a deployed FSS (the CMDR is scanning the system) or it means a deployed FSD interdictor (the CMDR is getting ready to murder you).
Pretty sure if you have the FSDi in another firegroup you're shown as hollow rectangle, so beware of combat ships, they might only deploy when they are in range/angle.

Top Bottom