Keybinds not sticking. HELP!

I foolishly tidied up my hard drive, and found afterwards my keybinds kept returning to Thrustmaster Warthog (my HOTAS). I have uninstalled and reinstalled ED through Steam, but continue to find that after changing the keybinds, StartPreset.4 goes to Custom (x 4) with the Custom.4.0 file showing changes. Exiting ED and no changes to these files. Reload ED and keybinds in the options menu are back to Thrustmaster, no sign of Custom in options, and StartPreset.4 has been rewritten to Thustmaster Warthog (x4) the Custom.4.0 file remains unchanged. I have tried rewriting The StartPreset.4 file to Custom (four times) but this does not have any effect. Unhooking the HOTAS and customising keyboard appears to stick, but once I plug in the HOTAS it reverts back to Thrustmaster.... on the next reload. No copies of the BInds file in the folder. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Last edited:
Thanks for that. The problem I appear to be having is that ED is not reading StartPreset.4, going for the HOTAS configuration (wherever that is) instead and the rewriting The StartPreset.4 file as the HOTAS. I've attached the binding load errors file if that has any relevance (though I doubt it). My problem is that everything was working fine, no problem with customising keybinds in Odyessy, then suddenly customising not working.

Attachments

• BindingLoadingErrors.log
    557 bytes · Views: 92
Last edited:
This probably won't help since your errors log shows that a device described in the "custom" file was not found, but it is a known issue that if there are copies of a binds file in the same directory it can prevent any changes being saved.

good luck

Thanks for that. The problem I appear to be having is that ED is not reading StartPreset.4, going for the HOTAS configuration (wherever that is) instead and the rewriting The StartPreset.4 file as the HOTAS. I've attached the binding load errors file if that has any relevance (though I doubt it). My problem is that everything was working fine, no problem with customising keybinds in Odyessy, then suddenly customising not working.
The "MouseGUI" multiple entry error seems to be a default output (at least for the 3.0 binds, I don't have Odyssey). But this
Code:
Failed to find GUID for device: 231D011F
tells you that there's one of the bound devices missing.

As a cross check, you can delete the error log and start again (or check the timestamp on the error log), just to make sure you're not looking at the error log from last christmas.

And you did not swap around any of your hardware did you during this period? I'd read that even plugging a device into a different USB slot can be an issue etc. Keybindings in ED is the biggest user end problem i have ever seen in a game, like ever.

It's crazy and i don't even know how they could have made this as complicated and sensitive as it is, i mean that must take incredible complex coding to achieve! o_O

Sorted! I've just found that one of the peripherals (rudder) eas not connecting properly. I switched usb ports and the custom keybinds worked once again.

The "MouseGUI" multiple entry error seems to be a default output (at least for the 3.0 binds, I don't have Odyssey). But this
Code:

As a cross check, you can delete the error log and start again (or check the timestamp on the error log), just to make sure you're not looking at the error log from last christmas.

Code:

It was a dodgy usb connection to my rudder pedal! Thanks for the feedback!

Top Bottom