Working my way up the food chain, I decided to try my hand at some fish! The first one is a koi fish. I'm practicing going lower on polys, especially as I'd like to have a few fish swimming around (like how the beetles and rats are in game now). He's at 1,008 tris right now, and not yet optimized, so I'm pretty happy with that as a start!

mesh.jpg

It would be great, if you can scale this fish to a real size format. I would love to have some fishes in my water, but please not a kind of a "Koi-Shark". [yesnod] And BTW: Your Butterflies are really worth the waiting and it's great to see, hat you've managed your troubles with the bones system. I wish, I would be on that level.

It would be great, if you can scale this fish to a real size format. I would love to have some fishes in my water, but please not a kind of a "Koi-Shark". [yesnod] And BTW: Your Butterflies are really worth the waiting and it's great to see, hat you've managed your troubles with the bones system. I wish, I would be on that level.

Yep, these guys will be scaled down to normal fish size, for ponds and such. :) Glad you like the butterflies! I made them larger for a couple reasons - to match the big bugs already in game, and because there's an emitter for making small butterflies already. Bugs'll be oversized, any other animals I plan to make will be naturally sized.

An update! I've mostly done 2d digital art in the past, so I'm struggling a little with translating that to doing maps on a 3d object. This guy has been good practice! These aren't the final colors, I just wanted to make sure the overall look was right first. Starting to look fishy!

color_base.JPG

Looks amazing!!

2d painting experience is good start for these things.
I am not good at that. I am more of vector graphics kinda girl.
I guess I will stick to that kind of graphic I guess I could import that type of graphic to make textures of that style. At least it works for "manmade" stuff like advertising and some themeing objects.

Looks amazing in game... any other fish to come? I would love the chance to make or update my existing aquarium.

I do want to do some other fish for undersea/aquarium builds, though I'm taking a brief break from fish - been staring at these guys too long. If a sea turtle is of interest for your aquarium, stay tuned for my next big build. :)

Everyone else, thank you for your patience! Just in case anyone runs across this thread and not the one in Completed Items, here's a link to my finished koi fish: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1591172786

View attachment 2742

Last edited:
Top Bottom