COMPLETED CG Kokoller Limited Mineral Acquisition (Mining)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
the profit opportunity is really really dim
Not so sure. If someone could find out whether the sales price is also valid for bought Bertrandite, then that would be 38 MCr. per Cutter load for two jumps (Inara reports something like 7 Mt within 50 ly range on large pads).
That wouldn't count towards the CG, but that would only become interesting at ~200 MCr. payout for the top 50% or so.

Not so sure. If someone could find out whether the sales price is also valid for bought Bertrandite, then that would be 38 MCr. per Cutter load for two jumps (Inara reports something like 7 Mt within 50 ly range on large pads).
That wouldn't count towards the CG, but that would only become interesting at ~200 MCr. payout for the top 50% or so.

Yes, if you do trading - which isn't counting for the CG - the profits are a bit under 59k per ton - that's 46 millions per naked cutter round trip, about 270-300 millions per hour
Not bat at all

But, as i said - it wont count for the CG

I'm also adding an extra line: most people buy their commodities from their own carrier's market instead of loading them through the storage menu because the UI makes it faster.
Don't do it here!! That may change the status of the commodities to "purchased" rather than mined"

Can confirm. 280 tons shipped from Gagnan Orbital, Gharing at around 16M profit. I'm currently doing a "do everything in the same Python" run on my second account.

If someone could find out whether the sales price is also valid for bought Bertrandite, then that would be 38 MCr. per Cutter load for two jumps
I'd be astonished if the game were even capable of having different pricing for mined and non-mined commodities.

Community Goals like this one really should have big contribution rewards. At the price point it's offering for those minerals, there's very little profit reason to participate.
A halfway decent player could mine 5000 tons of platinum in less time and sell it for 1.25 billion. A top player could probably manage two or three times that much.

Community Goals like this one really should have big contribution rewards. At the price point it's offering for those minerals, there's very little profit reason to participate.
A halfway decent player could mine 5000 tons of platinum in less time and sell it for 1.25 billion. A top player could probably manage two or three times that much.
Doesn't need "big" rewards, maybe just a paint job or a mining laser colour modification.
I'd be astonished if the game were even capable of having different pricing for mined and non-mined commodities.
If it was a mission drop-off then it could distinguish, but as it's driven by selling on the commodity market then no it can't. They could have done it by offering the normal market price but giving the big cash reward as a mission bonus.

But one of the best ways to make money on this is to make an 8 minute round trip and sell 280t of Bertie for nearly 17M profit. That's 127M per hour. Might be able to squeeze a little more than that into a medium size ship, and a longer round trip with a large ship might also beat it but it's not bad!

Last edited:
Mining commodities only CG this time is kind of dumb... while for given description says this :

With the Federation diverting considerable resources toward sustaining its anti-xeno countermeasures, some systems are looking to alternative options for sustaining stocks of raw materials. Kokoller Limited is seeking to take advantage of a strong position in its home system, by running a campaign to procure additional resources for the local economy.

With "procure" and reasons they went, they should allow buy it from cmdrs as well, if they really meant what they want. It would produce better results for them and overall better stockpile of things they need.

Nope, they went "mined only" because if you buy it from somewhere else, its worse sort of some kind for some reason and it wont be contributed into CG, despite being delivered and being buyed from cmdr at highest price anyway. Not like there is any decent rewards, wich are none this time, but still its kinda fdev middle finger to those who would want help that CG by doing delivery instead of being forced into mining, in order to being valid for contribution for sake of it.

I can see that a lot trader cmdrs will just skip mining and just take advantage of extra profits from this joke of CG. The certain miniority of cmdrs will certainly do CG as "intended" and go mining, but there wont be a lot of them.

Mining commodities only CG this time is kind of dumb... while for given description says this :

With the Federation diverting considerable resources toward sustaining its anti-xeno countermeasures, some systems are looking to alternative options for sustaining stocks of raw materials. Kokoller Limited is seeking to take advantage of a strong position in its home system, by running a campaign to procure additional resources for the local economy.

With "procure" and reasons they went, they should allow buy it from cmdrs as well, if they really meant what they want. It would produce better results for them and overall better stockpile of things they need.

Nope, they went "mined only" because if you buy it from somewhere else, its worse sort of some kind for some reason and it wont be contributed into CG, despite being delivered and being buyed from cmdr at highest price anyway. Not like there is any decent rewards, wich are none this time, but still its kinda fdev middle finger to those who would want help that CG by doing delivery instead of being forced into mining, in order to being valid for contribution for sake of it.

I can see that a lot trader cmdrs will just skip mining and just take advantage of extra profits from this joke of CG. The certain miniority of cmdrs will certainly do CG as "intended" and go mining, but there wont be a lot of them.

There are/were lot more pure trade CGs than proper mining CGs (IIRC the last one was Azimuth related and was actually a cover up for them robbing Guardian ruins while everyone was looking for those "special minerals").

Since trading is much more efficient and faster than mining, lobbing those two activities together in a single CG would always put miners at a great disadvantage when competing for the Top50%+ slots. It's just a shame that there is no real incentive for the miners to participate either. Without anything to spend them on, credits are useless. Some cosmetic item would have been nice.

...even if stolen! What's the difference between regular, mined or stolen Bertrandite???

It's just a shame that there is no real incentive for the miners to participate either. Without anything to spend them on, credits are useless. Some cosmetic item would have been nice.
Exacly. Mining CG's being generic or lore related, should always add something extra for required workload as mining. If there is no any, such CG should be regular trade only, especially with its given reasoning what that CG is for.

...even if stolen! What's the difference between regular, mined or stolen Bertrandite???
Yeah, this really discriminates all cmdrs types other than miners.

Politics. They don't want to get a bad reputation for hoarding resources at other people's expense, they want to encourage the recovery of the bubble economy, not skew it, so they incentivise the addition of new resources, not reallocation. Makes perfect sense to me.

However, by just increasing the price at the station, greedy buggers like me can just go buy it elsewhere and sell it to them bypassing their not-so-careful efforts.

Doesn't need "big" rewards, maybe just a paint job or a mining laser colour modification.
Yup, disappointing that it's just cash on delivery + some tiny extra amount of cash later.
But one of the best ways to make money on this is to make an 8 minute round trip and sell 280t of Bertie for nearly 17M profit. That's 127M per hour. Might be able to squeeze a little more than that into a medium size ship, and a longer round trip with a large ship might also beat it but it's not bad!
See above - @Northpin already estimated more than double that hourly profit for a large ship.
This is the biggest problem for me too. I went back and read the CG text before spotting your post, and I agree - it simply doesn't justify the mining-only status. Kinda missed an opportunity there, FD...

Looking on the bright side: this CG just might be sufficiently unappealing to give people a shot at the top 10 without sacrificing 100 hours of their lives between now and Thursday :)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom