COMPLETED CG Kokoller Limited Mineral Acquisition (Mining)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking if I should return from my small explo trip to taking part in this CG ... just because I like to do mining from time to time. However I simply cannot ressist to do not vent my feeling that it really needed an extra big thought effort to make attractivity of this CG as low as possible. And I do not even mean this as criticism, just sigh of longtime player.

Well, Just went back to mining in my Python 192T Cargo as I like it only in short and sweet blocks.

In two days on and off I have almost refilled my Raw Mats entirely, in addition to the CG stuff required - I was getting very low on raw mats anyways with the war effort and CZ's etc, so it is a double bonus in that respect. There is the bonus of a raw material trader at Utley Hub to trade the mats up and reset.

BTW I went to a Pristine Metal Rich on way here and then after delivery, went to CG system Kokoller AB1 which is only Metal Rich Major Reserves and there is almost no difference, if any, in the time taken to fill 192T (I only mine anything over 15%).

You don't even need PWS/Core/Subsurface, just prospect and mine with 2D and 1D (long range pre-engineered) lasers and deliver quickly.
You also get Osmium in Metal Rich as a bonus in some asteroids. I have found some asteroids have all 3 (Bert, Colt, and Pras)
There is Platinum in Metal Rich but only in Cores, not surface.

I only hope that transfer stuff into FC and back is not a problem. Doing mining in place where I'm on exploration trip and will need jumping 2k+ back to reach CG system.

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
BTW I went to a Pristine Metal Rich on way here and then after delivery, went to CG system Kokoller AB1 which is only Metal Rich Major Reserves and there is almost no difference, if any, in the time taken to fill 192T (I only mine anything over 15%).

You don't even need PWS/Core/Subsurface, just prospect and mine with 2D and 1D (long range pre-engineered) lasers and deliver quickly.
You also get Osmium in Metal Rich as a bonus in some asteroids. I have found some asteroids have all 3 (Bert, Colt, and Pras)
There is Platinum in Metal Rich but only in Cores, not surface.
I've been using this ring exclusively! No need to travel to other systems. :)

E0aq4Dv.png

qdW2rqd.png

Last edited:
I've been using this ring exclusively! No need to travel to other systems. :)
Well, that's certainly helpful. I can rip out the fuel scoop and add one more cargo rack.

Spokesperson Paul Dyson provided a message to participants:

“It is genuinely a pleasure to see so many pilots respond to our call for raw materials. Harvesting those asteroid belts is no easy task, but the performance has been remarkable. I can promise all those involved in the campaign that the profits raised from refining and distributing these resources will go to a very worthy cause. Those credits are in good hands.”
I hope they will use it for something truly useful because this CG was one from the worst in profit making efficiency 😅

Imagine being obsessed on point of farming money in game, where money is meaningless xD

Money is meaningless once you have a carrier and 10+ billions stashed away
It wasnt meaningless when i started a new account - i had to work for those credits (i had not resorting to road to riches, i just settled in a system and run missions for the factions)

so yea, now money is meaningless, cause i have 30-40* billions on each of my accounts, but it's not quite that for a (still) new player

*(still waiting on planetary bases or something to put those billions to good use, but in the meantime it just feels cozy to be rich)

yes, when you started.
But now we are at 2023, and elite is in 2023 year, with their stupid "economy" and credit gains.

And I still see people so obsessed on point of cash, that they are using mining CG to print credits with trade, usinb higher prices xD
In elite, AD 2023 money can be meaningless even after few days.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom