Ships Krait Hype Thread

I believe I know what the Krait is. It's FDevs way of giving all those Keelback pilots a second seat without giving the Keelback a second seat. I mean what do we know about this new incarnation of the Krait. It's a medium ship with plenty of cargo(because piracy) and SLF. I believe I just described the Keelback. I don't know, it's just a thought but it would kill that 'save our Keelback' argument once and for all without FDev having to admit defeat.

TBH thats what I'm afraid of.

I don't want another ship with more seats... It will just kill of any love for the keelie if thats the case. They might as well just remove the KB from the game if they do that.

After the disappointment of the Chieftain being nothing but a combat ship I so incredibly hope the Krait will be more interesting.
It does look as if the Krait will be another combat oriented ship though, slf bay and all.

To be honest I was more looking forward to the Krait then the Chieftain purely because I like the Krait's looks better.
If it'll get a reasonable jumprange and more module slots then the Chieftain then I'm happy.

As someone pointed out in another Krait thread, we still don't know exactly what the Krait will look like:

did you notice that the rendered and the wireframe model do not match perfectly?

As it turns out, they are correct. The wireframe and rendered images show slight variations in the Krait's design, with the wireframe version having a longer and pointier nose with the cockpit placed further forward.

Sorry?? That's a fighter type? with that cockpit vision? It's got two massive blindspots because of the "wing"! If that's a fighter it's a really bad design.

While some are a bit better than others, most of the ships in E:D have poor visibility where you can't see behind you at all and have varying degrees of obstruction above and to the sides. I imagine 'fighter' in this context means emphasis on agility and speed over capacity.

Pretty hard to really guess at the scale of these from a few pictures, we won't know until specs are available. I imagine if it is a smaller SLF-equipped ship it might not replace the KB depending on its other attributes -- for example if it has little remaining capacity after outfitting with fighter hangar, if it is less tanky, etc. Or if it ends up much larger it might be priced well above KB.

Price isn't a balancing factor though.

Simply put to NOT make the KB almost totally obsolete the krait would have to have something like a size 5 slot for SLF and 3-4 size 1-2 modules.

If it's anywhere near comparable to the KB with optional internals, utilities or weapons then the simple addition of MC make the KB nigh on redundant. I'll still fly my KB as I have it in a really nice place right now and love flying it but in general it's not well liked and people will flock to the krait... :(

Simply put to NOT make the KB almost totally obsolete the krait would have to have something like a size 5 slot for SLF and 3-4 size 1-2 modules.

If it's anywhere near comparable to the KB with optional internals, utilities or weapons then the simple addition of MC make the KB nigh on redundant.

Another possible distinguishing factor vs. KB could be to make Krait less tanky and more shieldy with base armor hardness & shield factors. I'm not sure that many wouldn't prefer this so it doesn't exactly address your concern.

Regarding your internal module configuration thoughts, I'm almost certain there will be at least one second largish slot to allow for at least a class 4 if not class 5 shield though. I am having a difficult time imagining that this new ship will be as light as the configuration you suggest would make it.

I will be un-surprised if Krait ends up being better spec'ed and higher-priced than KB. It's newness will probably give it at least an initial popularity boost as well. Since this (probable) level of credits is fairly easy to come by once you're a couple of months into the game, it may reduce even further the # of CMDR's flying KB's.

Another possible distinguishing factor vs. KB could be to make Krait less tanky and more shieldy with base armor hardness & shield factors. I'm not sure that many wouldn't prefer this so it doesn't exactly address your concern.

Regarding your internal module configuration thoughts, I'm almost certain there will be at least one second largish slot to allow for at least a class 4 if not class 5 shield though. I am having a difficult time imagining that this new ship will be as light as the configuration you suggest would make it.

I will be un-surprised if Krait ends up being better spec'ed and higher-priced than KB. It's newness will probably give it at least an initial popularity boost as well. Since this (probable) level of credits is fairly easy to come by once you're a couple of months into the game, it may reduce even further the # of CMDR's flying KB's.

Aye,

Even with the second seat coming to the KB (about time :D ) I suspect that the Krait will be the more 'attractive' option. Not that I mind too much as I'll still fly my KB as I love that ship just a pity if they simply make it a KB+ so to speak.

During live stream last night.

Sandro spoils
krait will not be a hull tank

and maybe Fighter bay capable ? ...

wait and see.

Top Bottom