Ships Krait Phantom Owners Club

6116bb0c21b75cf9e24d_1.jpg

Doing my part on the current challenge of distant travel...

Love this ship, doing about 35ly jumps atm.
Been racking up distance, credits and knowledge pretty fast, still not going outside the bubble for now, will dwell on the engeniers and guardian tech 1st to max out the capabilities of the ship before embarking on such expedition.

Last edited:
Love mine, managed to get it up to 66.25 lyr with a 16t fuel tank and 2x amfu and a 2x srv bay... great ship, some creative fitting choices and engineering tinkering required.

Last edited:
I use mine as a general travelling ship. Jumps a good distance, carries some cargo, could fit a vehicle if I lost one other item, and can hold its own in a RES or CNB until ammo runs out. It's designed to allow me to escape most situations if needed.

Well i sold mine a while ago and tried out the T10 Defender and using the anaconda with wich i travelled to Sagi A, where i am ATM.

But for all ive seen and experienced, there is 2 ships in this game that really hit me in the soft spot the DBX and the Phantom, so comes as no surprise that after this trip is done, or at least i get to a station where there is a shipyard im switching to the Phantom again! (having to engenieer it will be a pain, especially since i think i will have to get back to the bubble for it)
(probrably will keep the anaconda anyhow, even if only to use it for something else, but i have it engenieered so dropping that gear makes no sense at least now)
I know ill lose in the equipment i can take to a exploratory mission big time, but i can live with that.

So a question arises, since the new ship kit came out, and i pcked one as well as the iriscendent paint, that is, anyone got the kit already for theirs?
And if so, can u share a few pics of yours with it on? To have an idea, and also to know what u guys think of it...
Havent found anything other than the oficial video and images in the net yet.

The new kit is nice so is the paint...

This one is my new toy, named it the "MENACE", this comes from a joke by Yammikes in his review of the ship video... "cool name for ship, the phantom menace" :)

2rolslw.jpg

29c2xs5.jpg

2s165mw.jpg

2w5rnty.jpg

Last edited:
Bigmaec

Love the color!
That was what i was aiming for and got the one i have and its kinda over the top to regards to what i was expecting, probrably gonna pick that one up too.

Last edited:
Built me a silent running pvp Phantom and I'm currently testing. Damn, I didn't know this ship can be that tanky. Weapons are totally distro friendly and heat output is low allowing for prolonged silent running flight.

Hey new Krait owner here... how do you guys get the pointy wing antennae to point straight or inward in these pictures? Mine are always pointing outward and it looks a little goofy.

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out. From the back they look pointed inward, from the top they look straight, and from the front they look pointed outward. Weird.
Krait1.jpgKrait2.jpgKrait3.jpg

Last edited:
Just recently built one and quite impressed. I built mine as a PVE mission runner that can survive a gank in open. I’ve noticed with 2 rails/imp hammers and 2 Efficient PAs/APAs I’m not having any serious distributor issues with my charge enhanced 6A PD.
Most impressed with the ship’s boost and maneuverability. She has pretty responsive RCS and breaking thrusters, which is my biggest complaint with the AspX. I still love my Asp, but I can take my Phantom out and win fights against tougher NPCs.

I retrofit my Phantom from explorer to a pirate vessel. Its speed and agility in normal space makes catching any prey a piece of cake. Even though I prefer Mk II for general mission running, for slighlty different piracy requirements the Phantom is great!

The unique, class 5A FSD reward with both Long Range and Fast Boot Sequence from the recent community goal in the Coalsack Nebula made me want to investigate what the new max jump range of this ship is. I use this ship as my primary explorer so seeing how far you can push it now with this unique module seemed like a fun idea. From my tests I managed to get a theoretical maximum base range of 80.51Ly with my longest, current jump in-game being 80.27Ly boosted off a neutron star to 321.06Ly. I'll post the build here in case someone can get it even farther than this.
o7

Top Bottom