Lag and crashing? Educational object in wrong place? Keepers not filling all feeders!

So I haven't played Planet Zoo for a few weeks aswell as be on this forum so I'm not sure which of the last 2-3 updates did it but I finally played again today and it was laggy and whenever I clicked settings the game would freeze and then crash. Has this happened to anyone else? Also I noticed they still haven't sorted that annoying notification saying I have an animal information screen in the wrong spot AS WELL AS Keepers not filling all feeders! I had a baby Lemur hanging on by a thread bcuz it was slow to get to food and by the time it got there the others had eaten it all. I then had to call the Keeper once again and actually place the animal infront of the food which I won't be able to do every time it's hungry. :rolleyes:

When it comes to the lag, well that's something that happens to basicly everyone as soon as the zoo gets big enough (usually over 4k guests), it's always been like that and I'm not sure it's ever gonna change (I've heard that the problem with lag was in Planco too). The information board notification usually mean that it's actually in the wrong place (I only experienced that the notification was caused by a bug once). Be aware that the education item need to be close enough to the base of the habitat barrier for it to work properly.
If you have too many feeders the keepers wont fill all of them, cus then the animals wont eat it and it will go bad, causing illness. I notised that some animals tend to wait until they are almost starving befor going to eat (especially lemurs, but also japanese makaks and probably more), so it's not really a problem with the keepers, but with the animals.

If you have a multi-core machine, this command in steam launch options bumped me from 10 fps to about 20 with around 1000 guests. In a fresh zoo it's about 30 fps:
"-USEALLAVAILABLECORES -high"

For the education boards, it's usually because the board is too far away from the animal's enclosure. If you have an elevated path above the enclosure, it might not detect the animal because it's too high

I agree with Arrakai lag is going to happen to even the best gaming pc. I used to wonder why keepers weren’t constantly refilling food when I first started but mine have always done a good job filling when necessary. The only time my animals would be starving was the keeper stuck on the path which I didn’t notice today but I only played for 45 min but so far so good.

Maybe re-install the game or at least verify your files in steam, if you haven't done that already :D
And start a extra new zoo, maybe those problems are just in that zoo.

Most people have their old zoos back (corrupted save) and my november zoo had a lot of issues compared to my newer zoos.
The lag was less and my old zoo runs a lot smoother (7500-8000 visitors)

Only encountered the feeding issue of "not filling all feeders" with my flamingoes, but have +190 flamingos in 1 exhibit. Sometimes 1 or 2 are too slow and there isn't not enough food for those 1 or 2. How many lemurs do you have in 1 habitat ??

Only encountered the feeding issue of "not filling all feeders" with my flamingoes, but have +190 flamingos in 1 exhibit. Sometimes 1 or 2 are too slow and there isn't not enough food for those 1 or 2. How many lemurs do you have in 1 habitat ??

Is it that not all feeders are filled or that the keeper is not able to keep up with the animals need? Because I have +250 flamingos and often the first food enrichment items got empty before the keeper finished the last. And because of this huge group and the large habitat there is often some of the animals getting hungry before the keeper could take care for them.

I described the observed behaviour in this thread a little bit:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/large-habitat-and-animal-care-behaviour.536613/#post-8272861

Could be and very likely, I'll try to check this when i'm able to..
I did notice one of my keepers almost has a 24/7 job just cleaning the habitat

That's why I'm asking how many lemurs there are in the habitat.. There's a big difference in having 10 or 30.

I did notice one of my keepers almost has a 24/7 job just cleaning the habitat
You only have one for cleaning? Poor keeper ;) I also felt that my two keepers which gave only cleaning assigned never leave the habitat. I already thought to hire some additional.

Top Bottom