Lakon's best flying ship... The Asp Scout!

Given that it's twice the size of a Viper (in every direction), and slower than a Viper you're going to need all the agility you can get.

A Cobra is also more agile than a Viper, almost as agile as an AspS, half the size of an AspS, has more slot-capacity than an AspS, is way faster than an AspS and 10x cheaper.

Erm cobra has nothing on the viper in terms of agility... maybe if you measure only one stat i.e. max pitch rate will you get close/beat the viper.

Viper (either of them) outflies a cobra III (lets not even think about MK IV) every day of the week... Only thing Cobra III has is higher top boost speed than Viper IV but the Viper IV will still leave it standing still cos it's boost multiplier is so much higher that the higher top speed doesn't actually give you any advantage...

Oof, yea. All that agility is hampered by it's subpar speed.

It's all in the paint job, as any boy racer knows.

20211028031244_1.jpg

I tried to find purpose for it, but it remained only fully engineered ship i had rebuy in pve, those spec opps were too fast, and this is from perspective of pilot who finish med CZ's in viper or DBS. Later decided to use it for surface prospecting, but lack of acceleration was so infuriating that i picked adder with EP thrusters instead, way more fun to fly and more survivable, and it's important if you are involved in power play and hold merits or combat bonds, Asp S needs a buff badly, and i m not sure that just top speed increase would be enaugh, as it's huge hitbox with weak lateral thrusters make it worse than comperable small ships for combat and have less firepower than real medium ships or worse jump range than explorers. Currentl gap betwean asp and everything else for anything is biggest in game

DBS have anemic boost, and it's relatively easy target among small ships, but at least have lats and it's impossible to overheat, and 4 utils allow you to coat it with PD's and chaff making it unkillable by mid rank npc's, you cant say same about Asp S
I don't use either for combat tbh. There are much better ships for that role. They are both handy for short range exploration, checking BGS info or as a shuttle for SRV activities.
I'd take a courier if i was expecting trouble but it was mostly quiet where i would lurk.

Funny that. I love the Mamba because it's a great flying ship. I stripped my oldest Mamba to the bone except for jump range and speed. It flies like a (big) racecar. Maybe I should give the Scout a spin. Always trusted the hype. Never trust the hype.

Top Bottom